Official 2005 Mets Willie Ball Thread!! | Page 29 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2005 Mets Willie Ball Thread!!

phunwin said:
Julio can still hit, and we got him fairly cheap (2 years, $2.2M total). He can give Delgado a rest against tough LHP and would probably be the first pinch hitter off the bench.
I'm not complaining. I just hope we get it done this year, because this team will have a lot of turn over in the near future.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/story/374340p-318162c.html

The Manny Ramirez rumors are out of control. Now they're saying the Mets wanted to get Miguel Tejada so they can flip him to the Red Sox for Ramirez.

Here's a question: why not just get and keep Tejada in the first place? Jose Reyes is a player whose perceived value far exceeds his actual value. I bet the O's would take Reyes and Milledge for Tejada and never look back. Put Benson in the deal, if they're hot for him. Tejada would be a mammoth upgrade at SS for us and is still plenty young to form the long-term nucleus of the team with Beltran and Wright.

phunwin said:

The Manny Ramirez rumors are out of control. Now they're saying the Mets wanted to get Miguel Tejada so they can flip him to the Red Sox for Ramirez.

Here's a question: why not just get and keep Tejada in the first place? Jose Reyes is a player whose perceived value far exceeds his actual value. I bet the O's would take Reyes and Milledge for Tejada and never look back. Put Benson in the deal, if they're hot for him. Tejada would be a mammoth upgrade at SS for us and is still plenty young to form the long-term nucleus of the team with Beltran and Wright.
I agree with you that Reyes is overvalued. I would also rather have Tejada than Manny. But, after all I've heard about Milledge, I'd like to at least see what he's go to offer. That's the one name that makes me flinch every time I hear it in a trade rumor.

phunwin said:

Keep Reyes and mave Tejada to 2nd base!

Trade Benson, Milledge and even throw in Heilman if you have to.

So, today I heard about a Benson and Beltran for Manny rumor.
When will the madness stop?!?!?!

finswin56 said:
So, today I heard about a Benson and Beltran for Manny rumor.
When will the madness stop?!?!?!

Yeah, that's insane!

You see Anna Benson at the Christmas Santa thing?:eek:

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Yeah, that's insane!

You see Anna Benson at the Christmas Santa thing?:eek:
Umm, no. But, could you be so nice as to post a link? :D

finswin56 said:
Umm, no. But, could you be so nice as to post a link? :D

I saw it on the news! Chris Benson will be traded because of her! He was Santa at a party for kids, and she shows up with this low cut super sexy red dress. The kids were trying not to look at her!

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I saw it on the news! Chris Benson will be traded because of her! He was Santa at a party for kids, and she shows up with this low cut super sexy red dress. The kids were trying not to look at her!
The Mets can't trade him. They're PERFECT for New York!

finswin56 said:
The Mets can't trade him. They're PERFECT for New York!

While she looks great ;) , and may be great in the old ****:)

She is a nut!!!! If I was him I would be afraid to close my eyes at night!

NJFINSFAN1 said:
While she looks great ;) , and may be great in the old ****:)

She is a nut!!!! If I was him I would be afraid to close my eyes at night!
Oh, if only I was him. They can't make > :D big enough!

Seriously, she is a nut. But, if you're going to marry a nut, that's the way to do it.

Anna Benson...the only good thing about the Mets.

tx_anna_getty-1.jpg

Here's the thing about Anna Benson: she's hot. Incredibly hot, don't get me wrong. But I think most players have incredible trophy wives, most of whom aren't crazy. Warrants mention.

Back
Top Bottom