Official 2005 Mets Willie Ball Thread!! | Page 28 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2005 Mets Willie Ball Thread!!

Bottom line is in this section of this message board we have mainly Yanks, Mets, Red Sox, and Marlins fans. Nobody should be accusing anyone of trying to BUY a championship. Everyone of those teams above has done it or is doing it now.

And there should be no shame in it. Teams trying to win, do what ya gotta do. Free enterprise. I'm all for it!

Looks like Hernandez and Molina were asking too much? Lo Duca is a pretty good pick-up, just not as exciting as the others this offseason. Omar has me spoiled.

I'm just not sure how crazy I am about a 33 year old catcher w/ no pop. Oh well.

finswin56 said:
Looks like Hernandez and Molina were asking too much? Lo Duca is a pretty good pick-up, just not as exciting as the others this offseason. Omar has me spoiled.

I'm just not sure how crazy I am about a 33 year old catcher w/ no pop. Oh well.

Rumor going around he maybe going to Arizona in a trade. I don't think that will happen, but its going around.

He is a firery guy, and the Mets need that.

According to Peter Gammons, the Mets will have a new 2nd baseman by Thursday and he is: Mark Grudzielanek.

(I guess the reason why Doug Mientkiewicz won't be on the team next year is because the Mets need the extra letters for Mark's jeresy.)

Ray Finkle said:
According to Peter Gammons, the Mets will have a new 2nd baseman by Thursday and he is: Mark Grudzielanek.

(I guess the reason why Doug Mientkiewicz won't be on the team next year is because the Mets need the extra letters for Mark's jeresy.)

I heard a rumor about this the other day. I like that move. Short term, he is better then Kaz.

I thought I also heard about the possibility of signing Orlando Hudson from Toronto at 2nd?

finswin56 said:
It must have been a trade rumor then.

I'm like 80% certain he signed a long term deal during the year. I could very well be wrong. I'll look into it for you though.

I heard Gammons say that, too. By signing Thursday, they don't have to give up a draft pick as compensation, which is good, since the Mets are emptying the minor league system of talent.

Grudz is good enough, though his stats (http://www.baseball-reference.com/g/grudzma01.shtml) point to a player in clear decline. Hopefully we can get one or two serviceable seasons out of him. His defense is pretty good, which I suppose is what really counts at this point.

Interesting tidbit from Adam Rubin today. http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/story/372110p-316526c.html

The Mets have wiped $35M off the books so far. Meanwhile, they've added $30.25M in payroll for 2006. While that's obviously going to increase, the bottom line appears to be that the Mets, for all their spending, are hardly busting the budget.

(BTW, it's worth noting that Glavine and Matsui come off the books next season, a total of $18M.)

Julio can still hit, and we got him fairly cheap (2 years, $2.2M total). He can give Delgado a rest against tough LHP and would probably be the first pinch hitter off the bench.

Back
Top Bottom