Official 2005 Mets Willie Ball Thread!! | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2005 Mets Willie Ball Thread!!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Sometimes those instincts a manager has just don't show up in stat books!

I agree, but in the long run, the numbers win out.

I coach a Traveling 8th grade boys baseball team, I've always been a hunch guy. I have all the numbers, but go against them often, so far I'm more right then not.

I would be happy with a coach with both, a stat guy that will use his hunches sometimes.

Pedro pitches, another Beltran home run.

I have never seen anything like this before in my life. All but 1 of his home runs is when Pedro has pitched.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I coach a Traveling 8th grade boys baseball team, I've always been a hunch guy. I have all the numbers, but go against them often, so far I'm more right then not.

I would be happy with a coach with both, a stat guy that will use his hunches sometimes.

Yea stats are a great tool but they don't tell the whole story all of the time.
Balance and objectivity will win out EVERY time.

MikeO said:
Pedro pitches, another Beltran home run.

I have never seen anything like this before in my life. All but 1 of his home runs is when Pedro has pitched.

Well, let's see, a homer every five games comes out to...32 dingers. I can live with that. :)

phunwin said:
Well, let's see, a homer every five games comes out to...32 dingers. I can live with that. :)

He is far from on pace for 32 home runs. Far from that.

If he hit a home run every 5 days (i.e. every time Pedro starts), he'd have 32 over a season.

It was a dumb joke anyway.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
He may not be hitting (far from what we wanted), but his defense has been great!

They didn't pay him all of that money for his defense!

Beltran's been awful in June. He'll come out of it, though. He's too good not to.

Big rumor in the NYC area is Cameron for Sheff. It's on the radio and some papers today.

Back
Top Bottom