Official 2005 Mets Willie Ball Thread!! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2005 Mets Willie Ball Thread!!

Wow, what a finish! Of course, it wasn't on here, for God knows what reason. You'd think between MSG, FSNY and ESPN that someone would have had the damn game.

Lackey's pitched pretty well this year, but with Pedro taking the hill, I like our chances. :)

We're getting a new stadium too lol. Anyways the Mets have hit hard times as far as the bats are concerned. They need to win today because with the Nationals as hot as they are, the Mets cannot afford to get down anymore. The bats have really silenced and have wasted some strong outings by Mets starters. Beltran and company need to start hitting. Maybe moving Cameron to leadoff will help the Mets offense jumpstart during games!

They need offense badly. They cannot afford to carry Mientkie's weak bat any longer. Victor Diaz needs to be moved to 1B. Also, Jose Reyes needs to be bumped down in the order. Seems I've heard this somewhere before...oh yeah, my post about 2 weeks ago.

Come on Willie! You've forgotten more about baseball than I'll ever know, why is this so hard?

I was coming home from the Yankees game last night and listening to sports talk radio. A lot of people out there killing Willie last night. He had warmed up Hernandez and instead of putting him in to face Keilty who was batting a horrible average against righties (as opposed to like .378 against lefty's) he kept in the Ring kid who walked Keilty who eventually became the game scoring run (even though Hernandez gave up the winning run, Willie was getting killed for the call to keep the Ring kid in against Keilty). I slowly see the Willie honeymoon coming to an end with Mets fans just like it did last year with Howe. Remember, Howe had the Mets in it until July last year and then they collapsed (after the Zambrano and Benson trades). The Heat is starting to come onto Willie now. This is a crucial time in the Mets season to prove if their really a legitimate division contender (which with competition so thick in the NL East, anyone could win the division) or just another Mets deep that gives their fans hope in May and June and then throw in the towel when July, August, and September come around!

Willie has made a lot of Rookie mistakes this year (double switches etc..), which you could expect from a rookie coach. But I did think Willie would be better than that. But he does have the team playing 150% better then last year.

My question is, what the hell is Sandy Alomar doing as his bench coach while he is making these mistakes??? IS he speaking up? Or just collecting a check???

I have a feeling Willie is one of those instinct managers then by the numbers managers. Sometimes that works in your favor, other times it turns the world against you!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
I have a feeling Willie is one of those instinct managers then by the numbers managers. Sometimes that works in your favor, other times it turns the world against you!

I agree with that above statment. Willie goes with his gut. Usually those guys burn out and get fired faster than a guy who goes strictly by the numbers.

MikeO said:
I agree with that above statment. Willie goes with his gut. Usually those guys burn out and get fired faster than a guy who goes strictly by the numbers.

I'm a stathead, so I'd rather see a numbers guy manage the Mets (as I've said probably hundreds of times now, I'd have David Wright hitting leadoff). But, the best manager in recent history (i.e. since Davey Johnson) was more of a "by the gut" guy than almost anyone: Bobby Valentine. Valentine had an incredible knack for having those hunches work out.

Back
Top Bottom