Official 2005 Mets Willie Ball Thread!! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2005 Mets Willie Ball Thread!!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
I went to the Mets game the other night when Pedro pitched against the Diamondbacks. I never been to Shea and have lived about a half hour from the stadium my whole life so I figured I had to go to a game. I hate the Mets but Shea is a hell of a stadium. If was about half full but the ushers had no problem letting me sit wherever there was a seat and I was about 10 feet from Cliff Floyd and Luis Gonzalez. Almost got some foul balls hit to us and it was a fun experience. I will forever hate the Mets (it's my duty as a Yankee fan) but if I was gonna take the kids out for a day to the park I would take them to Shea no doubt. 32 bucks to sit field level, can't be that. 32 at Yankee stadium gets you in a tier lol. Anyways props to Mets fans also. I went decked out in Yankee clothes and had the whole stadium screaming "Yankees suck" while I stood on a chair waving my arms up. Fun night indeed!

You should come over from the evil side!! :rolleyes:

That will never happen NJ, but thanks for the offer. One more thing I wanted to add about the Mets. You guys definitely know your players on more of a personal level then Yankees fans ever will. All the guys signing autographs before the game and also during the game you feel closer to the players because you can get to the field level. I definitely felt that you guys have a better person to person relationship then the Yankees do with their players. Either way though, GO YANKEES, METS SUCK LMAO!

phunwin said:
To be fair, getting Mets or Red Sox fans to chant "Yankees Suck" is about as difficult as getting a dog to scratch itself. :)

Still, glad you had a good time.

:lol:

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
That will never happen NJ, but thanks for the offer. One more thing I wanted to add about the Mets. You guys definitely know your players on more of a personal level then Yankees fans ever will. All the guys signing autographs before the game and also during the game you feel closer to the players because you can get to the field level. I definitely felt that you guys have a better person to person relationship then the Yankees do with their players. Either way though, GO YANKEES, METS SUCK LMAO!

Still have not been to Shea. Lived in Fl my whole life. I have only seen them at Joe Robbie, Tropicana or in spring games.

One day:(

finswin56 said:
Still have not been to Shea. Lived in Fl my whole life. I have only seen them at Joe Robbie, Tropicana or in spring games.

One day:(

Honestly, I don't think you're missing a lot. To the extent that it's a relatively affordable (compared to Yankee Stadium) place to watch a game, it's good, but by and large, as a baseball park, I think it's a dump.

finswin56 said:
Damn I wish I bought the MLB pass again this year.

He was awesome again last night, worth every penny so far, I love the way he plays with the crowd!

I was so mad when Leiter was not re-signed, and then we spent so much on Pedro.
Best I've ever felt as a fool.
Not to mention we probably don't get Beltran w/o Pedro.

Well, I don't think the NL East (wow, I'm obviously in football mode, I originally wrote NFC East!) has a team to beat. I think Perry was just saying that he likes our chances best.

Vic Zambrano continues to make the Scott Kazmir trade look GREAT. :rolleyes:
I mean, we're getting to the point where this trade is about to pass "Isringhausen for Bill Taylor", and "McDowell and Dykstra for Juan Samuel" in the pantheon of bad trades. It's not at "Nolan Ryan and 2 stiffs for Jim Fregosi" yet, but it might get there.

phunwin said:
Well, I don't think the NL East (wow, I'm obviously in football mode, I originally wrote NFC East!) has a team to beat. I think Perry was just saying that he likes our chances best.

Vic Zambrano continues to make the Scott Kazmir trade look GREAT. :rolleyes:
I mean, we're getting to the point where this trade is about to pass "Isringhausen for Bill Taylor", and "McDowell and Dykstra for Juan Samuel" in the pantheon of bad trades. It's not at "Nolan Ryan and 2 stiffs for Jim Fregosi" yet, but it might get there.

The guy pitches well for 5 innings, then falls apart. heilman is one that should be starting, but I think we need another for IIshi. Traschel is still far behind. Maybe bring up Jay Seo or Jason Scobie, I don't know

You know who is tearing up the minors for the tides, remember this name Brian Daubach?

Brian Daubach; one of my favorite AAAA players. He's right up there with Roberto Petagine. :)

phunwin said:
Brian Daubach; one of my favorite AAAA players. He's right up there with Roberto Petagine. :)

:lol: Or Toca (who is out for steriods now!)

Back
Top Bottom