Official 2005 Mets Willie Ball Thread!! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2005 Mets Willie Ball Thread!!

NJFINSFAN1 said:
He is tearing it up!! Can he play first???

The man can hit, when he gets in a groove he is almost impossible to get out. When things are going bad for him though, he takes some of the ugliest swings you'll ever see.

I haven't seen him play much in a couple of years, so I don't know what he has left. But he is the streakiest hitter I've ever seen.

I don't think you guys should panic just yet with Mientkiewicz, his track record proves he is a much better hitter than what he has shown recently. I'm confident he'll turn it around for the Mets, he's too solid of a player not to.

Daubach is an average defensive first baseman, nowhere even close to the level that Mientkiewicz plays at (but who does?). He's solid enough out there to the point where you don't have to worry about him if he's hitting. Like I said before though, if he isn't hitting his entire game, defense included, takes a huge hit.

FaninPatsyLand said:
The man can hit, when he gets in a groove he is almost impossible to get out. When things are going bad for him though, he takes some of the ugliest swings you'll ever see.

I haven't seen him play much in a couple of years, so I don't know what he has left. But he is the streakiest hitter I've ever seen.

I don't think you guys should panic just yet with Mientkiewicz, his track record proves he is a much better hitter than what he has shown recently. I'm confident he'll turn it around for the Mets, he's too solid of a player not to.

I'm not in panic mode yet, but as good s defensive player Mientkiewicz is, you can't have a 200 hitter in your lineup.

I'm very happy to giddy where we are now, but I'm looking in months ahead, if he does not hit, we need somebody.

Sorry to disappoint all you MUTS fans, but the only team winning the NL East this year is the PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES, who have one of the best batting averages in the NL, a great closer in Billy Wagner, and we just added Urbina.

GO PHILS

Roman529 said:
Sorry to disappoint all you MUTS fans, but the only team winning the NL East this year is the PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES, who have one of the best batting averages in the NL, a great closer in Billy Wagner, and we just added Urbina.

GO PHILS

I've been hearing that for the past few years! :sleep:

Nice to see Finley have a big game, that guy needs to start hitting the ball. Good to see Vlad get some hits in his first game back also

Yeah I keep waiting for Steve to catch fire.Vlad will get his for sure.

DonShula84 said:
Nice to see Finley have a big game, that guy needs to start hitting the ball. Good to see Vlad get some hits in his first game back also

DonShula84 said:

Finley's almost as old as the guy in your avatar. ;)

Seriously, though, I think we're looking at Finley's "he lost it" year, just like we're looking at Randy Johnson's.

PHINATIC13 said:
OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Clif Floyd goes way deep.......................:fire:

:down: Angels needed this game with Pedro going tomorrow for the Mets. Although the last time Vlad faced Pedro he made Angel history.

DonShula84 said:
:down: Angels needed this game with Pedro going tomorrow for the Mets. Although the last time Vlad faced Pedro he made Angel history.

Wasn't that his 9 RBI game? We'll get Pedro tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom