Official 2005 Yankees World Series Champion Thread | Page 85 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2005 Yankees World Series Champion Thread

I know that Yankee fans are going to say that at least the Yankees didn't get swept like the Red Sox however look at this:

Yankees payroll for 2005: $205,938,439
Red Sox payroll for 2005: $121,311,945

That's a difference of $84,626,494. So basically the Yankees paid over 84 million dollars more then the Red Sox to win 2 games. Either way you look at it both teams are going to be sitting at home watching the ALCS/NLCS and World Series this year (except for Arod his "new" off season workouts start tomorrow and he'll have no time to watch TV because he'll have been up at 5 a.m. running, lifting and going to see his shrink).

FaninPatsyLand said:
Yankee fans, here's a simple equation for you...

25 Million = DP

Here's a better equation:

Rookie of the Year (?) + MVP (?) + Cy Young (?) + Manager of the Year (?) + Comeback Player of the Year = 2:00 a.m. eastern time flight back to JFK Airport and an extra 3 weeks of vacation.

TerryTate said:
:www: See ya Yanks!

I was crossing my fingers when I woke up going to see the score of the game and praying that the Yankees would be toast. Yay - the Yankees DON'Twin! If my team can't be in, thank goodness the Yankees aren't. :D

njfinfan said:
I was crossing my fingers when I woke up going to see the score of the game and praying that the Yankees would be toast. Yay - the Yankees DON'Twin! If my team can't be in, thank goodness the Yankees aren't. :D

Yep!!! So long Cashman, so long Mel, yankees are in for some changes, George is having a melt down right now!:lol:

Oh well, we did a great job just to make the postseason w/ all the pitchig injuries but our supposed great offense led by our supposed AL MVP couldn't get anything done.

cashman ahs done a good job, he has been handcuffed by dumb moves from the tampa office but he'll be gone.

Here is who I would get rid if:

-ARod, we pay him too much to come up small every postseason. We can send him somehwre like the Mets where he can put up all the reg seson #s he wants and not have to worry about playing in te pressure of october.

-posada, he came to play the last few games and I appreciate it. He can go out on a high note personally, he has lost it and we need a new C.

-Gordon, just a horrible postseason pitcher.

-Mussina, the guy can never put together 2 good postseaso outings in a row. He's getting older and needs to go.

-Bernie, I wish Bernie could stay. he's one of my all-time favorite's but I want matsui to DH so Bernie will probabyl go elsewhere.

-Matsui, unless he becomes the full time DH. he's too much of a liability in LF.

nyjunc said:
Oh well, we did a great job just to make the postseason w/ all the pitchig injuries but our supposed great offense led by our supposed AL MVP couldn't get anything done.

cashman ahs done a good job, he has been handcuffed by dumb moves from the tampa office but he'll be gone.

Here is who I would get rid if:

-ARod, we pay him too much to come up small every postseason. We can send him somehwre like the Mets where he can put up all the reg seson #s he wants and not have to worry about playing in te pressure of october.

-posada, he came to play the last few games and I appreciate it. He can go out on a high note personally, he has lost it and we need a new C.

-Gordon, just a horrible postseason pitcher.

-Mussina, the guy can never put together 2 good postseaso outings in a row. He's getting older and needs to go.

-Bernie, I wish Bernie could stay. he's one of my all-time favorite's but I want matsui to DH so Bernie will probabyl go elsewhere.

-Matsui, unless he becomes the full time DH. he's too much of a liability in LF.

Mets would not touch Arod, we are set at 3rd and SS with Wright and Reyes. Manny will be added!

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Mets would not touch Arod, we are set at 3rd and SS with Wright and Reyes. Manny will be added!

I know I was just making a joke about where we could send him, I just want him away from us.

Back
Top Bottom