Official 2005 Yankees World Series Champion Thread | Page 86 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2005 Yankees World Series Champion Thread

FaninPatsyLand said:
LOL @ FinsNYank, MikeO

:rofl3:

Great series for A-ROD. :lol: Yeah, he's real clutch.

He's MVP though! :rofl3: :lol:

PressCoverage said:
classic.... you could add to that: FARM SYSTEM OVER....

Yeah, because Cano and Wang from our FARM SYSTEM did nothing for us this year.

Think if Arizona traded Randy to NY in July of 2004 for Cano and Wang they would have been in the playoffs this year in that garbage division??? I DO!

For not having a farm system the NYY got more out of Wang, Small, and Cano than probably any other team got out of 3 "unkown" rookies.

Anyone who says the Yanks have no farm system is just grasping for straws and has no clue what they are talking about. If you want to grade farm systems and all of that good crap,whatever. Bottom line is, when guys are called up......who delievers!

dob72 said:
Yankees payroll is more than the combined Payrolls of the Angels and White Soxs lol

Which is why you will never ever ever never ever never never ever ever see a salary cap in baseball.

If you want a salary cap, have the Yanks win about 8 world series in a row. EVERY time the Yanks lose in the playoffs, is just cementing the fact you will never see a salary cap in the sport.

If a team wants to spend $200 mill, pay a ton in revenue sharing, and NOT win the world series, why would anyone want a cap on that? Seriously, from a business point of view.

MikeO said:
Yeah, because Cano and Wang from our FARM SYSTEM did nothing for us this year.

Think if Arizona traded Randy to NY in July of 2004 for Cano and Wang they would have been in the playoffs this year in that garbage division??? I DO!

For not having a farm system the NYY got more out of Wang, Small, and Cano than probably any other team got out of 3 "unkown" rookies.

Anyone who says the Yanks have no farm system is just grasping for straws and has no clue what they are talking about. If you want to grade farm systems and all of that good crap,whatever. Bottom line is, when guys are called up......who delievers!

Small has been in the league for 10 years and pitched for the Marlins in 2004. He's not a rookie.

nyjunc said:
Here is who I would get rid if:

-ARod, we pay him too much to come up small every postseason. We can send him somehwre like the Mets where he can put up all the reg seson #s he wants and not have to worry about playing in te pressure of october. .

Yes but thing you are forgetting is that without A-Rod and his numbers, we wouldn't have made the post season. He had an MVP-esque season and I don' think its too far fetched to say that this year, he gave us 5-7 wins. I'm just as mad as you about his inabilities in the post season, but getting rid of the best player in baseball isn't the answer.

nyjunc said:
-posada, he came to play the last few games and I appreciate it. He can go out on a high note personally, he has lost it and we need a new C.

I'll agree. His numbers are tailing off but until we find a viable replacement then we need to keep him around.

nyjunc said:
-Gordon, just a horrible postseason pitcher.

Once again you're basing everything on the post season. You're forgetting all the innings Gordon came in and got us to Rivera in the 9th. There something to be said for trading him to a team looking for a closer though.

nyjunc said:
-Mussina, the guy can never put together 2 good postseaso outings in a row. He's getting older and needs to go.

Totally agree. I love it when Moose comes out and shuts them down, but i'm getting real tired of him giving up 5-7 runs in 4 innings and its getting more frequent. It won't hurt me at all to see him go

nyjunc said:
-Bernie, I wish Bernie could stay. he's one of my all-time favorite's but I want matsui to DH so Bernie will probabyl go elsewhere.

keeping bernie here would make him nothing but a back up and he doesn't deserve that. he should retire a Yankee.

nyjunc said:
-Matsui, unless he becomes the full time DH. he's too much of a liability in LF.

Umm, no. We've got a major problem in CF to deal with before we start talking about upgrading an already well above average LFer

Once again proving how clutch and how he carries his team is AROD...

5 games, 13 AB, 2 H, 0 RBI

Big Game 5 - 0-4, 1K, and a grounded into double play in the 9th..

I agree 100 percent with everything everyone is saying about A-Rod. He had another HORRIBLE SERIES and to top it all off, of all things not to do in the 9th inning yesterday, A-Rod hits into a double play. I am pissed but I'm not going to get into it right now, I'll write my season in review soon. Either way I am utterly dissappointed. Now i'll sit back and take my abuse lol!

MikeO said:
Which is why you will never ever ever never ever never never ever ever see a salary cap in baseball. ... seriously ponder that for about 15 minutes, and then you'll understand why baseball is dying in this country besides in perhaps 5-6 cities... we can all largely thank George for that...

If you want a salary cap, have the Yanks win about 8 world series in a row. EVERY time the Yanks lose in the playoffs, is just cementing the fact you will never see a salary cap in the sport.

If a team wants to spend $200 mill, pay a ton in revenue sharing, and NOT win the world series, why would anyone want a cap on that? Seriously, from a business point of view.

that's great... but you miss the point... teams with enormous payrolls ALWAYS have a chance... teams with 20 million dollar payrolls NEVER have a chance...

as for your farm system, you just named three guys who are no longer in it... tell us what's left? perhaps Tim Kirkjian and Pedro Gammons don't know what they were talking about in July when they declared the Yankee farm system "tapped out"

nyjunc said:
Oh well, we did a great job just to make the postseason w/ all the pitchig injuries but our supposed great offense led by our supposed AL MVP couldn't get anything done.

cashman ahs done a good job, he has been handcuffed by dumb moves from the tampa office but he'll be gone.

Here is who I would get rid if:

-ARod, we pay him too much to come up small every postseason. We can send him somehwre like the Mets where he can put up all the reg seson #s he wants and not have to worry about playing in te pressure of october.

-posada, he came to play the last few games and I appreciate it. He can go out on a high note personally, he has lost it and we need a new C.

-Gordon, just a horrible postseason pitcher.

-Mussina, the guy can never put together 2 good postseaso outings in a row. He's getting older and needs to go.

-Bernie, I wish Bernie could stay. he's one of my all-time favorite's but I want matsui to DH so Bernie will probabyl go elsewhere.

-Matsui, unless he becomes the full time DH. he's too much of a liability in LF.

A lot of changes huh? I think Cashman is gone, no matter how good of a job he did with what he had to work with.

I've been telling everyone since I joined this site that Tom Gordon is crap in the post season. I think I'd rather take my chances with B.H. Kim over Gordon. For every inning he pitches in the playoff he gives up at least one run. That's terrible. I have no idea why Joe kept going to him in big spots when everyone knew the outcome. I am impressed that Gordon at least didn't puke this post season (that we knew of anyway).

Posada to his credit at least worked hard to get a strong arm, that's all you can say about him. He's never been a clutch player. However who can the Yankees possibly get? Begine Molina?

Arod, what more can you say about him? He's a 252 million dollar choke.

i just hope bernie playes one more year also i think that MLB needs to learn something from the nfl and some how incorporate a challenge system in baseball

Ray Finkle said:
Posada to his credit at least worked hard to get a strong arm, that's all you can say about him. He's never been a clutch player.
Excuse me? How quick you Sox fans forget!

Who drove in the tying runs in game 7 of the ALCS two years ago against you guys?

If that ain't clutch, I don't know what is....

Pagan said:
Excuse me? How quick you Sox fans forget!

Who drove in the tying runs in game 7 of the ALCS two years ago against you guys?

If that ain't clutch, I don't know what is....

1 hit doesn't make someone clutch, Arod's had at least 1 or 2 clutch hits in his career too would you call him clutch?

Ray Finkle said:

because some plays can change the game and it could be a bad call by the ump and the team lose by that, it happen alot of times and it could change the game,

Back
Top Bottom