***Official 2007 Miami Dolphins Draft Thread (Day 2)*** | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official 2007 Miami Dolphins Draft Thread (Day 2)***

My question is, why is Miami not addressing the OL need? With no picks in the 5th, hopefully someone like Mike Otto, Tim Duckworth or Kasey Studdard will be there in the 6th. Maybe a Andrew Carnahan, who was hurt last season at Arizona State can be there in the 7th round.

Though we're thin at OL, I don't think we're as horrible as we were last year. Toledo and Alabi will be starters, and with Satele we've got the ability to move Hadnot to guard, which he's arguably better at. We still need depth, but I think the versatile guys we've got on the line now are better than what we had last year. I'm disappointed in no LT, but Alabi is the concensus lock at that position for now. Hope he lives up to his billing.

Though we're thin at OL, I don't think we're as horrible as we were last year. Toledo and Alabi will be starters, and with Satele we've got the ability to move Hadnot to guard, which he's arguably better at. We still need depth, but I think the versatile guys we've got on the line now are better than what we had last year. I'm disappointed in no LT, but Alabi is the concensus lock at that position for now. Hope he lives up to his billing.

At the press conference Cameron said they will be trying Carey out at LT in training camp. Not sure if this means Alabi is in the mix, a potential RT candidate or still needs more coaching.

no one has taken mason crosby yet.. if he's around in the 6th I wouldn't mind picking him up. In case feely starts to go on another cold streak a la last year. I'm surprised there aren't any of those crosby addicts flipping out right now haha
but yea I wouldn't mind some OL depth at all right now. maybe we can find a gem

Is Ben Patrick off the board? If he isn't I hope he slips to Miami.

no one has taken mason crosby yet.. if he's around in the 6th I wouldn't mind picking him up. In case feely starts to go on another cold streak a la last year. I'm surprised there aren't any of those crosby addicts flipping out right now haha
but yea I wouldn't mind some OL depth at all right now. maybe we can find a gem

i agree, crosby in the 6th would be great.

I'm also hoping Ben Patrick falls to the 6th round, he reminds me a lot of Randy McMichael, minus the mental issues... I hope.

Please draft H.B. Blades !

We need to start looking for the next ILB to take over for zach when he retires one day, I love this kid , he reminds me so much of Zach Thomas, he is all over the field, works hard, studies film, captain of that Pitt Panther defense and as much as i did'nt care for Wannstedt as a coach , he has done a good job with that defense, he would be an incredible finding in the 5th, trade up and get this kid in camp, he's a Miami guy who would leave his heart on the field and his dad is bennie Blades , remember him?:)

We need to start looking for the next ILB to take over for zach when he retires one day, I love this kid , he reminds me so much of Zach Thomas, he is all over the field, works hard, studies film, captain of that Pitt Panther defense and as much as i did'nt care for Wannstedt as a coach , he has done a good job with that defense, he would be an incredible finding in the 5th, trade up and get this kid in camp, he's a Miami guy who would leave his heart on the field and his dad is bennie Blades , remember him?:)

:yeahthat:

Thats what Ive been screaming. HB blades is a beast and could take over in two years for Zach.

WV Dolfan would'nt it be fitting to get him the same round we got Zach1 This kid is what Cameron is looking for, he's got great work ethic and he's another class act, i actually like him better than buster davis of the noles, i hope we land this guy, we need to get younger in the LB area, this kid would provide alot of toughness , he's a animal, today is a bad day the pats drafted Hurricanes and now has Moss, but ya know what, that could end up being a bad move especially when moss takes a few plays of in the disgust of Tom Brady and Bill Belichick LOL!

Some of the guys I'd like to be there for us to take a look at in the 6th are:

Ben Patrick
Brandon Siler
John Wendling
Rufus Alexander
Kenny Scott
David Ball

Realistically, there's not a lot left in the draft that can play LT. I'm not sure about moving Carey to LT. Didn't a couple years back they tried him at LT and he failed? Looks more comfortable at RT.

Joe Toledo is the one I'm intrigued about. He can play G or maybe even RT if they decide to move Carey to LT. Depth is needed, and there are some guys left on the board that can be useful to the team.

HB Blades is a special teamer at best. If his name was HB Jones, no one would want him because he's not very good.

Back
Top Bottom