***Official 2007 Miami Dolphins Draft Thread (Day 2)*** | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official 2007 Miami Dolphins Draft Thread (Day 2)***

Yeah we needed a young NT, so this was a good pick.

Paul solaia

Strengths:
Has fantastic size with a huge frame and terrific bulk...Extremely strong and stout at the point...He is pretty athletic...Moves well and has good range...Can take on multiple blockers...Can really stuff the run...Still developing...Has a ton of upside.

Weaknesses:
Extremely raw and has only played the position for a couple of years...Not much of a pass rusher...Conditioning and stamina are concerns...Runs hot and cold...Is not quick or explosive and lacks a burst...Intelligence / Character may be issues.

Notes:
Native of American Samoa...Mother played softball for San Francisco State...JUCO transfer from Coffeyville Community College in Kansas where he was a 1st Team All-American offensive guard...Began his career with the Utes as an o-lineman as well...A potential 3-4 nose tackle...He is still far from a finished product but there is big potential here and he has all the physical tools you look for...Boom or Bust

Who did we solidly have behind Traylor? I like this pick. Agressive, huge, dedicated to pushing the line. Awesome pick. If Free drops, there's something we didn't know about going on.

YESS i wanted Solai so bad. This guy can come right in and be a plugger. He gives us a huge body to just plug in.

Mel Kiper just said some teams had him as a 2nd round talent....i've never heard of the guy though...It does,creates some competition at DT w/ our other 2 young guys, which is a good thing

Very good pick we need to get A little younger on D thats what makes this A positive Pic! Big hole filler and will allow are LB to move out of the Middle A bit has good talent and moves very quickly for his size!

Great size for a DT. He will take up 2 O-Lineman. Porter, Zach and Crowder will have something to chew on. Not a bad pick up. Lets hope we get a couple of DB's(CB and Safety), Punter and another O-Lineman.

I can see adding some youth at that position (though we do have Roderique Wright coming in hopefully healthy this year), but I'd really like to see us add a tall, shutdown corner.

This wasn't a bad pick at all, can't go Offense for the first 5 picks anyway! Free might even be there next round.

Back
Top Bottom