**Official 2008 March Madness Thread** | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official 2008 March Madness Thread**

Regan21286

Wa Wa Wee Wa
Reaction score
So...got your brackets set?

I know who I put as national champs on mine. :D

im riding with Kansas this year... their depth is so pivotal as you get deep into the tournament and they are as talented as any team in the nation... im riding with them

U-C

L-A!

My national champs

But i'm rooting for the 3 Big 5 schools that got into the tourney Nova, St. Joes and Temple

Kansas is loaded. So are UCLA and UNC. I'm going with Kansas though i'm going to regret it.

ASU gets screwed again!

I will second that.

Anybody care to tell me how the Freakin WIldcats of Arizona got in? I mean they were
9-11 in the Pac-10. 19-14 overall and had 2 "Nice wins". One over USC and one over Illinois. Big Freakin deal.

There are 2 teams in the Pac-10 that beat them both times (ASU was one) that had better records, both conference and out of and neither are going to the Tourney?
They also got spanked first round of the Pac-10 tourney...all this and they still manage a 10 ranking?

I have zero idea how this happens? Anybody with better NCAA savvy than me care to comment?

Oh yeah, and being in Tucson, ALL I hear about all freakin day is "Of course they are in. Never a doubt they would make it".....:err:

I will second that.

Anybody care to tell me how the Freakin WIldcats of Arizona got in? I mean they were
9-11 in the Pac-10. 19-14 overall and had 2 "Nice wins". One over USC and one over Illinois. Big Freakin deal.

There are 2 teams in the Pac-10 that beat them both times (ASU was one) that had better records, both conference and out of and neither are going to the Tourney?
They also got spanked first round of the Pac-10 tourney...all this and they still manage a 10 ranking?

I have zero idea how this happens? Anybody with better NCAA savvy than me care to comment?

Oh yeah, and being in Tucson, ALL I hear about all freakin day is "Of course they are in. Never a doubt they would make it".....:err:

Indeed. I found that very peculiar. If they weren't Arizona, I don't think they'd make the cut.

Indeed. I found that very peculiar. If they weren't Arizona, I don't think they'd make the cut.

And perhaps the strangest of all of this is that Lutie isnt even involved with the team this year...(Only because his wife was having an affair with a former player....)

:foundout:

And perhaps the strangest of all of this is that Lutie isnt even involved with the team this year...(Only because his wife was having an affair with a former player....)

:foundout:

Well, if they upset Duke, I'll forgive em.

I have Kansas also right now, what's everyones final four?

Right now I have Louisville (subject to change), Kansas, UCLA and Texas (subject to change)

UT - arlington all the way baby its the school i go too. 1st tourny selection ever!!!!!!

I will second that.

Number 2 SOS, significantly higher RPI. Every year teams have a gripe about getting in and arguements can be made either way. ASU doesn't get that bogus call they're probably in. I think Georgia winning the SEC took them out. Va Tech's best arguement was a "good loss." So I didn't think they deserved in.

The team that got "screwed," IMO was Butler. They're 17 in the RPI and 10th and 11th in the polls respectively. How they got a 7 is criminal. An arguement can be made about teams not going away from home. Though I thought it was more ridiculous when Cuse won the title and basically had home games as a 3 seed. I don't know why Tennessee got put in a bracket with the number 1 overall seed. A 2 seed is a 2 seed I guess, though just comparing Duke is no where near the team that Tennessee is and they got a 2.

as a huge uconn fan it hurts me to say this but watch for ucla to cut the nets down when it is all said and done

Number 2 SOS, significantly higher RPI. Every year teams have a gripe about getting in and arguements can be made either way. ASU doesn't get that bogus call they're probably in. I think Georgia winning the SEC took them out. Va Tech's best arguement was a "good loss." So I didn't think they deserved in.

The team that got "screwed," IMO was Butler. They're 17 in the RPI and 10th and 11th in the polls respectively. How they got a 7 is criminal. An arguement can be made about teams not going away from home. Though I thought it was more ridiculous when Cuse won the title and basically had home games as a 3 seed. I don't know why Tennessee got put in a bracket with the number 1 overall seed. A 2 seed is a 2 seed I guess, though just comparing Duke is no where near the team that Tennessee is and they got a 2.

Who cares if they are the Number 2 SOS? They didnt beat anybody LOL. I guess thats what gets me the most. I can understand them getting credit for scheduling the teams, it is another thing to actually go out and beat some of those teams.:up:

Back
Top Bottom