**Official 2008 March Madness Thread** | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official 2008 March Madness Thread**

I have Kansas also right now, what's everyones final four?

Right now I have Louisville (subject to change), Kansas, UCLA and Texas (subject to change)

Louisville almost always chokes in the end. It seems every season that have a high ranking team in the preseason, lose early games, drop out of the rankings, come together towards the end of the season, are predicted to go far in the tournament, and the lose in the first 2-3 rounds. Just look at last year when they lost in the second round to Texas A&M.

G-Town, Texas, UNC, Duke are my final four.

As a side note the whole RPI rating system is in my eyes definitely flawed. It doesnt make alot of sense to me....Lets schedule a bunch of team that we cant beat so our RPI looks really good???

G-Town, Texas, UNC, Duke are my final four.

As a side note the whole RPI rating system is in my eyes definitely flawed. It doesnt make alot of sense to me....Lets schedule a bunch of team that we cant beat so our RPI looks really good???

I think the RPI works. Arizona State which is the team people want to put in. Well they played Xavier in the non-conference and two dissapointing teams in LSU and Illinois. Now if the rest of the non-conference schedule wasn't teams like Montana St, Fla Golf Coast, Western New Mexico; maybe they get in. It makes teams schedule bigger non-conference games which benefits fans.

I believe RPI consists of Teams record 50%, opponents record 25%, and opponents opponents record 25%. If coaches want to go play little sisters of the poor U they shouldn't be rewarded for a padded schedule.

I think the RPI works. Arizona State which is the team people want to put in. Well they played Xavier in the non-conference and two dissapointing teams in LSU and Illinois. Now if the rest of the non-conference schedule wasn't teams like Montana St, Fla Golf Coast, Western New Mexico; maybe they get in. It makes teams schedule bigger non-conference games which benefits fans.

I believe RPI consists of Teams record 50%, opponents record 25%, and opponents opponents record 25%. If coaches want to go play little sisters of the poor U they shouldn't be rewarded for a padded schedule.

Perhaps but considering Arizona St. has beaten Arizona twice, not to mention ranked teams like Stanford and Xavier, I would've thought it makes up for that difference.

Perhaps but considering Arizona St. has beaten Arizona twice, not to mention ranked teams like Stanford and Xavier, I would've thought it makes up for that difference.

AND not to mention that U of A had number 2 in SOS but beat NOBODY..therefore, they become "sisters of the Poor U"...but still make it in? Tell me where that figures? :lol:

I will second that.

Anybody care to tell me how the Freakin WIldcats of Arizona got in? I mean they were
9-11 in the Pac-10. 19-14 overall and had 2 "Nice wins". One over USC and one over Illinois. Big Freakin deal.

There are 2 teams in the Pac-10 that beat them both times (ASU was one) that had better records, both conference and out of and neither are going to the Tourney?
They also got spanked first round of the Pac-10 tourney...all this and they still manage a 10 ranking?

I have zero idea how this happens? Anybody with better NCAA savvy than me care to comment?

Oh yeah, and being in Tucson, ALL I hear about all freakin day is "Of course they are in. Never a doubt they would make it".....:err:

As an ASU grad I think the Sun Devils got hosed. I think there should be an NCAA investigation as to how the U of A Mildcats got in over the Sun Devils. I am sure Midnight Loot Olsen had a hand in it....even Tark the Shark was a choirboy compared to Olsen and his behind the scene stealing of recruits over the years. That's ok, the Sun Devs will just continue to destroy the Mildcats in football, and not worry about the selection committee's snub.

As an ASU grad I think the Sun Devils got hosed. I think there should be an NCAA investigation as to how the U of A Mildcats got in over the Sun Devils. I am sure Midnight Loot Olsen had a hand in it....even Tark the Shark was a choirboy compared to Olsen and his behind the scene stealing of recruits over the years. That's ok, the Sun Devs will just continue to destroy the Mildcats in football, and not worry about the selection committee's snub.

:hi5:---to all of it that is bro. BTW: You do realize Lute isnt involved with the Mildcats at all this year..right?

:hi5:---to all of it that is bro. BTW: You do realize Lute isnt involved with the Mildcats at all this year..right?

Yeah Lute had to sit it out all year after his wife kicked him to the curb....poor baby had to take leave for "personal reasons"....the selection committee felt sorry for him and his Mildcats. :lol: ASU is beating Alabama State on ESPN2....they have a guy named Chief Kickingstallionsims on Alabama State: :D

http://bamastatesports.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/kickingstallionsims_chief00.html

:lol:

If I followed the NIT more, I'd probably pick ASU to win it.

Yeah Lute had to sit it out all year after his wife kicked him to the curb....poor baby had to take leave for "personal reasons"....the selection committee felt sorry for him and his Mildcats. :lol: ASU is beating Alabama State on ESPN2....they have a guy named Chief Kickingstallionsims on Alabama State: :D

http://bamastatesports.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/kickingstallionsims_chief00.html

Dont know if you saw what I already posted...but the truth is his wife was having an affair...rumor with heavy Mildcat followers is that it was a former player for Lute...not gonna say which one, but he was a former Pro..:rolleyes:

Dont know if you saw what I already posted...but the truth is his wife was having an affair...rumor with heavy Mildcat followers is that it was a former player for Lute...not gonna say which one, but he was a former Pro..:rolleyes:

I did not hear this. :winkwink: Fess up!!!! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom