**Official 2008 March Madness Thread** | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official 2008 March Madness Thread**

I did not hear this. :winkwink: Fess up!!!! :wink:

Well, the infidelity part can be googled...I am not gonna mention any names cause it is only bar-room hear-say...but for the right price, I could PM it..:lol:...remember it is only water-cooler talk on who..but coming from SERIOUS U of A backer.:wink:

I will have to contact some of my peeps in Tempe and get the scoop. It wasn't Stoudamire was it?...he looks kind of shifty to me.

I will have to contact some of my peeps in Tempe and get the scoop. It wasn't Stoudamire was it?...he looks kind of shifty to me.

Nah. Not Stoudamire. Only thing he can be listed as is STUPID> That dude tried to fly out of the airport here with a 1/2 ounce of pot wrapped in tin-foil in his front freaking pocket:lol:..But you are in about the right era.;)

AND not to mention that U of A had number 2 in SOS but beat NOBODY..therefore, they become "sisters of the Poor U"...but still make it in? Tell me where that figures? :lol:

Or they beat three teams in the non-conference that are NCAA tourney teams. ASU does not belong. If ASU wants to go after a team Baylor doesn't belong. Though after the first weekend those teams will be out. Syracuse deserved in before ASU if people want to make a claim. Schedule teams that matter so even if you lose it doesn't hurt chances to get in. I don't think it came down to 'Zona or ASU because Zona is a 10. Look at the 12's. I do believe the committee mentioned that ASU would be the lowest RPI team ever to make if as an at-large if they got in.

Or they beat three teams in the non-conference that are NCAA tourney teams. ASU does not belong. If ASU wants to go after a team Baylor doesn't belong. Though after the first weekend those teams will be out. Syracuse deserved in before ASU if people want to make a claim. Schedule teams that matter so even if you lose it doesn't hurt chances to get in. I don't think it came down to 'Zona or ASU because Zona is a 10. Look at the 12's. I do believe the committee mentioned that ASU would be the lowest RPI team ever to make if as an at-large if they got in.

RPI is a load of crap.

For example, let's compare three teams.

Team A: 18-13 (9-10 in conference). RPI: 58. SOS: 33
Team B: 18-14 (9-11). RPI: 38. SOS: 2
Team C: 19-12 (9-10). RPI: 82. SOS: 87

Team C beat Team B twice (home and away) and split with team A (won at home).

Team A is Oregon, a nine seed. Team B is Arizona, a 10 seed. Team C is Arizona State, left out.

Without the computers, Arizona State clearly has the best profile of those three teams.

The Sun Devils demolished Xavier (a third seed) by 22 points. In the current system, teams get more credit for losing to a good team, as Arizona did multiple times, than beating a pretty good team.

I agree that close losses to No. 1 seeds should be taken into account. But a team's profile shouldn't be based on the fact that they almost beat Memphis or Kansas.

Second, I need someone to explain this for me. On February 11th, Kentucky was ranked 87th in the RPI. They then went on the road to Vanderbilt, a good but not great team.

They lost by 41.

When the RPI was re-published the next week, Kentucky had risen 16 spots. They lost to a pretty good team by 41 points, and jumped 16 spots. Any system that causes that to happen is severely flawed.

ASU got hosed, no two ways about it. RPI is about as flawed as the committee. :shakeno:

Nah. Not Stoudamire. Only thing he can be listed as is STUPID> That dude tried to fly out of the airport here with a 1/2 ounce of pot wrapped in tin-foil in his front freaking pocket:lol:..But you are in about the right era.;)

I always thought Stoudamire was a dope. :lol:

RPI is a load of crap.

For example, let's compare three teams.

Team A: 18-13 (9-10 in conference). RPI: 58. SOS: 33
Team B: 18-14 (9-11). RPI: 38. SOS: 2
Team C: 19-12 (9-10). RPI: 82. SOS: 87

Team C beat Team B twice (home and away) and split with team A (won at home).

Team A is Oregon, a nine seed. Team B is Arizona, a 10 seed. Team C is Arizona State, left out.

Without the computers, Arizona State clearly has the best profile of those three teams.

The Sun Devils demolished Xavier (a third seed) by 22 points. In the current system, teams get more credit for losing to a good team, as Arizona did multiple times, than beating a pretty good team.

I agree that close losses to No. 1 seeds should be taken into account. But a team's profile shouldn't be based on the fact that they almost beat Memphis or Kansas.

Second, I need someone to explain this for me. On February 11th, Kentucky was ranked 87th in the RPI. They then went on the road to Vanderbilt, a good but not great team.

They lost by 41.

When the RPI was re-published the next week, Kentucky had risen 16 spots. They lost to a pretty good team by 41 points, and jumped 16 spots. Any system that causes that to happen is severely flawed.

ASU got hosed, no two ways about it. RPI is about as flawed as the committee. :shakeno:

Kentucky got trounced by Vandy. Though they split with them and beat a team that can be argued should be a 1 seed. It's not about head to head. It's about overall.

I'll say this to sorta agree with you, the tourney committee uses it when it fits there arguement. Syracuse deserved in before ASU if that's the arguement.

On the Kentucky point who are a "fringe team." They got screwed over when a game got postponed and the rest they "earned," by going 12-4 in conference was eliminated.

Kentucky got trounced by Vandy. Though they split with them and beat a team that can be argued should be a 1 seed. It's not about head to head. It's about overall.

And overall, the Mildcats beat three "Real" teams, then beat a bunch of cupcakes. They were also dismal in the Pac-10 "Overall" and lost in the first round of the Conference tournement.

I am not saying ASU should be there in place of them, I am saying they (U of A) have absolutely ZERO business being there at all. The fact they are as high as a 10 seed completely takes ALL credibility away.

I'll say this to sorta agree with you, the tourney committee uses it when it fits there arguement. Syracuse deserved in before ASU if that's the arguement.

I know someone always gets left holding the bag. I just think the U of A got in to continue their 24 year streak. Va Tech also deserved a shot. Syracuse was border line. Maybe they should expand the tournament to 128 teams like Bob Knight suggested. :up:

I know someone always gets left holding the bag. I just think the U of A got in to continue their 24 year streak. Va Tech also deserved a shot. Syracuse was border line. Maybe they should expand the tournament to 128 teams like Bob Knight suggested. :up:

I get that but then we'd be wondering why the 129 team didn't get in. Regardless of at-large I believe that the play-in game screws a team over.

wow, you guys got some serious hate for olsen. i mean i know its rival school, but what he went through is pretty serious.

I live in Tucson BTW: and you have NO idea how Much respect I DONT have for Lute and how he runs his program. Soooo many things have been completely swept under the carpet (Not nearly as many bad things the last five years or so) but before that, his players were basically inmates running the University assylum.:lol:

You invite Arizona because they have a chance to win. I love Herb and what hes done should be commended, but his team had no shot at going anywhere in the tourney. In 2000 UNC couldn't beat any decent team, went 9-7 in the ACC, lost in the first round of the ACC tourney, and had people crying favoritism when they got in as an 8 seed. They ended up a couple made shots away from the championship game.

I'm not saying Arizona is going to the final four, but they have the talent to do so. The committee is trying to make a competitive field with upset possibilities galore. Are you telling me you won't think twice about picking Duke in a matchup against them?

Screw the NCAA tourny lets talk NIT BABY

:lol: ;)

Memphis takes it this year.

Back
Top Bottom