**Official 2008 March Madness Thread** | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official 2008 March Madness Thread**

I have no doubt Rick will have the guys ready, but will it be enough? UNC is super talented. We'll just have to see. One thing about this game, neither team has played a team like each other before. Whichever team adjusts to the other better will win the game.

You won't see much press from U of L, unless Lawson is out of the game. UNC hasn't seen a team like U of L than plays halfcourt defense this good AND can score.

This is going to be fun...:hi5:

your cardinals aren'te exactly scrubs. Padgett,Pallacios,Williams,Clark, Caracter,Smith, and Sosa all played in either McDonald's All-American games or the Jordan Classic. Also have more players than any other team (outside of UCLA) that has players to match with Hansbourgh

I was not very impressed with Tennessee. If we had taken better care of the ball resulting in fewer turnovers we would have beaten them by 30.

They were incredibly sloppy and undisciplined on offense. They were the best team in the SEC...pffft...

Bring on the Tar Heels, lets see what happens...

That's what happens when Kentucky has a roster full of Tubby Smith recruits and everybody leaves Florida after a championship.

Memphis was impressive last night. I thought they'd win but it'd atleast be close. I think Pitino will have his team ready. It won't be enough, IMO. Though UNC hasn't been challeneged at all the tournament so who knows. Kansas was sloppy with the ball seemingly trying for high-light reel plays everytime down the court.

Memphis/Texas I think will be the best game of the four remaining. Though I think the best two teams are Kansas and UNC. No disrespect to UCLA but unless they bring the refs they had vs Stanford I don't believe they'll be able to hang with either of those two.

your cardinals aren'te exactly scrubs. Padgett,Pallacios,Williams,Clark, Caracter,Smith, and Sosa all played in either McDonald's All-American games or the Jordan Classic. Also have more players than any other team (outside of UCLA) that has players to match with Hansbourgh

We match up better with them than the UNC fans think. You should see some of their posts over at scout.com. Wow they sound like Kentucky fans with things like "I've seen them play once, I'm not impressed" and "We've got this, they had 14 turnovers in the first half against TN, they must be awful" or "They have too many losses on their record to be any good, we'll win by 20". The best: "We're UNC, we'll win by 20 going away..." Fun stuff. :lol: Its that kind of "elitist ACC crap" that makes me want to beat them and poor it on...

The major thing that concerns me is transition defense. U of L's transition defense has left a lot to be desired this year. UNC thrives in the transition game. That's why I don't think U of L will press that much. We don't want to get into a transition based game with them.

I can't wait, is it 9 PM yet?:woot:

Just a thought in terms of game placement and time. I would think that UCLA/Xavier which is on now would be the late game because it's the west bracket.

tonight shows why nobody will where 50 after Psyco T leaves.

Also, I love how Padgett is getting hit from every angle and UNC doesn't get called for hacking

the other matchup is more exciting

I'm assuming it's pre-determined.

Len Elmore and I think it was Gus Johnson are absolutely awful announcers. I can't stand when Gus is doing NFL games and he almost made the Kansas/Davidson game un-watchable.

Stephon Curry could've jumped into I believe it was Rush and gone to the line at the end of the game when he got him up in the air. I know teams want there star player taking the shot but he had a man wide open after a pick was set. Hindsight is always 20/20 I guess.

Do you think that it would be appropriate yet for Coach Cal to tell all the naysayers, critics, and analysts to JUST SHUT UP? The Tigers, because their conference is soooo weak and they were able to blow though everybody, just aren't up to par in everybody's mind, except Digger Phelps. They were widely predicted to be the first #1 seed to lose. Although that could still happen, I think they've made their case as a legitimate contender. I heard countless analysts and "experts" say they would get beat by Michigan St. The Tigers made them look like they were Girl Scouts, UNBELIEVABLE! Up by 30 at the half in the sweet sixteen? Yea, weak conference....that's the ticket.

Then they move on to Texas. Sure the Tigers beat up on the Spartans but their was no way that they would be able to beat the Longhorns with the super great spectacular DJ Augustin, especially with the Longhorns so close to home and in their own state and with a ton of UT fans. What did the Tigers do? They won by 18. Another blowout.

After all this, and as much as Coach Cal likes his players to talk smack, I'd love for him to tell all the experts to JUST SHUT UP!

Go.Tigers.Go!

Back
Top Bottom