Official 76ers Thread | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 76ers Thread

it is a shame that he signed with the sixers and not resigned with the clippers...this is just terribble..they should of help their money til 2010 when bosh and wade became avaialble oh well ,such is life

Well....Considering how much better the Sixers have looked without Brand this season, it might be a necessary evil to have him be out for the season if this team wants any chance at advancing in the playoffs. But i'm still not sold on Brand being a bust, i don't think it's "he can't fit in with this team" but more "he hasn't fit in with this team yet".
I agree. I'm not sold on him beign a bust just yet. I'll wait until next year to make a judgement as should everybody else. 1 year proves nothing. With that being said, maybe Speights will get a good amount of playing time for once. Speights is a beast, and is the big man of the future for Philly. Why Evans gets so much playing time is beyond me really. Sure he's a great rebounder. Too bad he can't do **** else. After seeing Philly lose on a last secind shot to the Celtics, I think Philly can make some noise in the playoffs. They have been playing great since Iggy got moved back to SF. I still think Lou Williams should be starting SG, but it doesn't really matter anyways. Lou Williams is still getting as much PT as Green anyways, and Green is solid. Dalembert has been playing pretty good for a little while now too. We all know how inconsistent he is, so let's hope he keeps it up.

I agree. I'm not sold on him beign a bust just yet. I'll wait until next year to make a judgement as should everybody else. 1 year proves nothing. With that being said, maybe Speights will get a good amount of playing time for once. Speights is a beast, and is the big man of the future for Philly. Why Evans gets so much playing time is beyond me really. Sure he's a great rebounder. Too bad he can't do **** else. After seeing Philly lose on a last secind shot to the Celtics, I think Philly can make some noise in the playoffs. They have been playing great since Iggy got moved back to SF. I still think Lou Williams should be starting SG, but it doesn't really matter anyways. Lou Williams is still getting as much PT as Green anyways, and Green is solid. Dalembert has been playing pretty good for a little while now too. We all know how inconsistent he is, so let's hope he keeps it up.

We'll make about as much noise as last year, which is to say relatively little. Though I do think they'll get in the playoffs. As for the Boston game, they beat Philly in Philly without Garnett, not all that impressive.

Stoudamire is available. Talking about a guy who would have fit in. Can you imagine him running with this team? We have no shot at that because of the Brand deal.

We'll make about as much noise as last year, which is to say relatively little. Though I do think they'll get in the playoffs. As for the Boston game, they beat Philly in Philly without Garnett, not all that impressive.

Stoudamire is available. Talking about a guy who would have fit in. Can you imagine him running with this team? We have no shot at that because of the Brand deal.

I know his contract kills that ideal..he would be the perfect fit to this team...true center and runs the court great wow what a team...I wonder if the sixers offered this years and next years 1st round picks and players like green,sammy, maybe miller with his expiring contract and if they wanted some 1 ..like thaddeus young..not sure but not happeneing anyways..oh well:boohoo:

Another great game. This Royal Ivey kid is starting to impress me though. He has a nice jumper but damn does he play some defense.

Last edited by a moderator:
there is no room for brand on this team...they r now 13-8 without him..look at what speights did tonight..this kid is going to be a force with young,iggy and williams for years to come..time to get rid of the dead weight..evans, sammy and brand...love the direction this team is headed but i just feel like they will not beat bos,orl or cleve...

What a shot by Devin Harris last night. Philly needs to pull it together. They were doing so well but have started to play poorly since coming off the All Star Break.

Let's face it, Philly is going nowhere. At this point it might be better off for them to miss the playoffs and get into the lottery. Although I do believe they'll get into the playoffs and become quick fodder for the true contenders. Truly disappointing season.

Let's face it, Philly is going nowhere. At this point it might be better off for them to miss the playoffs and get into the lottery. Although I do believe they'll get into the playoffs and become quick fodder for the true contenders. Truly disappointing season.

The NBA lottery is an absolute joke, look at the players picked within the top 10 and the players coming out this year within the top 10 and tell me who is supposed to be a quick fix for any of these franchises. The Sixers are going nowhere regardless of their record since the all-star break because they simply can't compete with Boston, Orlando and Cleveland. It's unfortunate that they have squandered the chance to solidify position as a 4 seed in the east however. I think they can beat any team in the east in a 7 game series except for the three i mentioned before. They could have won a playoff series......

The NBA lottery is an absolute joke, look at the players picked within the top 10 and the players coming out this year within the top 10 and tell me who is supposed to be a quick fix for any of these franchises. The Sixers are going nowhere regardless of their record since the all-star break because they simply can't compete with Boston, Orlando and Cleveland. It's unfortunate that they have squandered the chance to solidify position as a 4 seed in the east however. I think they can beat any team in the east in a 7 game series except for the three i mentioned before. They could have won a playoff series......

Well, we both agree they are going nowhere. So, would you then want them in the lottery or out of it? I presume in it. That's all I was saying.

Well, we both agree they are going nowhere. So, would you then want them in the lottery or out of it? I presume in it. That's all I was saying.

I'd rather see them playing competitive Basketball and IN the playoffs than tanking the season.

Great game. 1st half of last nights game was some of the best defense I've seen all year. Here's hoping we keep it up like we were before the all star game.

the problem with this team is they cant beat any 1 good...sure once in a blue moon the beat some 1 decent but for the most part they r average..next yr off-season plan 1 find some 1 dumb enough to take brand off their hands..99.9 % sure that aint happening plan 2 find some 1 dumb enough to take same offf our hands that might be possible ...and plan 3 fire dileo he is not a head coach he sucks....any reaosn he is palying evans 20 mins a game ?? any 1 i have no clue

the problem with this team is they cant beat any 1 good...sure once in a blue moon the beat some 1 decent but for the most part they r average..next yr off-season plan 1 find some 1 dumb enough to take brand off their hands..99.9 % sure that aint happening plan 2 find some 1 dumb enough to take same offf our hands that might be possible ...and plan 3 fire dileo he is not a head coach he sucks....any reaosn he is palying evans 20 mins a game ?? any 1 i have no clue
We can't beat good teams. We're beating alot of the good teams. We're keeping with the great teams. DiLeo has been great. Why is Reggie Evans playing 20 minutes a game? Because he's tough and a great rebounder. And the only real power forward we have on this team behind Speights. So before you go and say DiLeo sucks, care to remember how great we were playing before the all star break?

Back
Top Bottom