Official 76ers Thread | Page 62 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 76ers Thread

i have to disagree with anyone who thinks that athleticism in the nba is incredibly overrated...

i have to disagree with anyone who thinks that athleticism in the nba is incredibly overrated...

I could of used a better choice of words. Anyone who thinks Turner needs elite athleticism to be a star is sorely mistaken. When you don't have the attributes that Turner has that I named, then athleticism is your only chance at being anything. But Evan Turner has plenty of great qualities that beat elite athleticism, because let's not act like Turner isn't athletic. He's obviously not LeBron James or Josh Smith, but he's far, far from a stiff.

Just heard about a possible trade. If the Nets take Wes Johnson, the Wolves may be willing to trade #4 and Gomes for Iguodala and a 2011 1st. Not sure of the validity of it, but the guy who leaked it seems to be very well regarded. If the Wolves want a wing, which is definitely their biggest need, then it does make sense.

That being said, the source that I do trust, has said several times that Iguodala is a lock to not get traded, but he didn't know about the Sam trade either so who knows. If we had the chance to get Favors for Iggy and we didn't take it, I'd be pretty pissed. I'd feel much, much more comfortable with Hawes starting knowing we have Favors in the paint too.

Looks like you could add Rutgers Center Hamady Ndiaye to the list of C prospetcs like in the draft. We worked him out for a second time, which probably means we like him. A great shotblocker, improved each season at Rutgers, could be had around pick 15-25 in the 2nd round.

Just heard about a possible trade. If the Nets take Wes Johnson, the Wolves may be willing to trade #4 and Gomes for Iguodala and a 2011 1st. Not sure of the validity of it, but the guy who leaked it seems to be very well regarded. If the Wolves want a wing, which is definitely their biggest need, then it does make sense.

That being said, the source that I do trust, has said several times that Iguodala is a lock to not get traded, but he didn't know about the Sam trade either so who knows. If we had the chance to get Favors for Iggy and we didn't take it, I'd be pretty pissed. I'd feel much, much more comfortable with Hawes starting knowing we have Favors in the paint too.
I like the idea of that trade offer, but I don't think it will happen. I think the Sixers have their minds set on Turner so the trade probably won't happen.

I like the idea of that trade offer, but I don't think it will happen. I think the Sixers have their minds set on Turner so the trade probably won't happen.

They would still get Turner. They would be giving up Iguodala and a 2011 1st, not the #2, and get Favors with #4. I personally don't see it happening for a few reasons. 1. I've been hearing Iggy is a lock to not be traded. This comes from a very credible source. But he also never seen the Dalembert trade coming so he's not told everything. 2. I still think the Nets take Favors. I also feel that the negative comments made by David Kahn about Favors were nothing but a smokescreen. He's desperately trying to trade Big Al because him and Kevin Love don't fit together. Derrick Favors would sure fit with Kevin Love. But this is David Kahn we're talking about here, he's the Matt Millen of the NBA.

That being said, while Collins has spoken very highly of Iggy, and I do believe that we do not want to trade him. But that doesn't mean they won't if they get the right offer, and Derrick Favors, I think is the right offer. Collins loves Favors. Just keep an eye on it. I have reason to believe the Sixers will make a move tomorrow, possibly more than one. I'll post what I know now before the draft, as I may learn something new at that time. Am hearing that #10 could be gone. Looks like OKC may trade one of their 1sts + Maynor to Indiana for #10. I'd hate it if that happened because more than likely they're taking Cole Aldrich.

It's pretty sad... A month ago I would of been ****ting bricks for just getting Evan Turner. With everything I know now, I'd be dissapointed if we only landed Turner :lol:

athleticism is huge in the NBA, but you need to be a smart player too. Gerald Green was one of the most athletic prospects coming out of high school, but he doesn't have a brain. I think Beasley is struggling with that too down in Miami.

I think that they want to have a season where Iggy is at the 3 and you have Turner (hopefully) at the 2. Also, they recently signed Iggy to a big deal a couple years ago so they don't want to trade him.

Looks like you could add Rutgers Center Hamady Ndiaye to the list of C prospetcs like in the draft. We worked him out for a second time, which probably means we like him. A great shotblocker, improved each season at Rutgers, could be had around pick 15-25 in the 2nd round.

no thanks he is brutual...i have watched him in person and he is awful

I think that they want to have a season where Iggy is at the 3 and you have Turner (hopefully) at the 2. Also, they recently signed Iggy to a big deal a couple years ago so they don't want to trade him.

I agree. But would you rather have Iggy, or Favors? I would rather have Favors. Iggy is what he is. A very good all around player. I do think Collins will get more out of him though. Less 3's, more free throws, and he will make him an even better defender. But I would much rather have Favors potential. At worst, he's a great defender. At best, he's Amare Stoudmire with defense.

Holiday
Turner
Young
Favors
Hawes

or

Holiday
Turner
Iggy
Brand
Hawes

I'll take option 1. The trade is still unlikely imo.

athleticism is huge in the NBA, but you need to be a smart player too. Gerald Green was one of the most athletic prospects coming out of high school, but he doesn't have a brain. I think Beasley is struggling with that too down in Miami.

Not when you don't have anything else going for you. Many, many great athletes amount to nothing because that's all they have. Gerald Green is a good example. Rodney Carney is another. J.R. Giddens also. Turner has so many great attributes that him being a good, not great athlete isn't going to stop him from becoming a great player.

I agree. But would you rather have Iggy, or Favors? I would rather have Favors. Iggy is what he is. A very good all around player. I do think Collins will get more out of him though. Less 3's, more free throws, and he will make him an even better defender. But I would much rather have Favors potential. At worst, he's a great defender. At best, he's Amare Stoudmire with defense.

Holiday
Turner
Young
Favors
Hawes

or

Holiday
Turner
Iggy
Brand
Hawes

I'll take option 1. The trade is still unlikely imo.
I want to see at least a season where Iggy is the 3, which I think is his natural position, playing next to Turner. I've heard Collins talk positively about Iggy and Brand so I am curious to see how all of them
would play together.

I want to see at least a season where Iggy is the 3, which I think is his natural position, playing next to Turner. I've heard Collins talk positively about Iggy and Brand so I am curious to see how all of them
would play together.

I'd like to see it too, unless of course Favors is a possibility then I'd ship Iggy out real quick. Especially if it's Favors and Cap Relief. And then I'd still try hard as hell to trade Thad/Lou for a pick in the 10-15 range and draft Xavier Henry. Would need a backup PG though, which I know for a fact the Sixers have been trying to trade Lou Williams for one. A true PG that is. Also Kapono for Jeff Foster is a high possibility.

Holiday/Turner/?
Turner/Henry/Meeks/Green
Henry/Gomes/Nocioni
Favors/Brand/Speights
Hawes/Speights/Smith/Foster?

A man can dream

Two new trades to keep an eye on.

Thad to Utah for #9 and Kosta Koufus.
Thad to Memphis for Hamed Haddadi and #13.

Back
Top Bottom