Official 76ers Thread | Page 63 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 76ers Thread

I think anyone not high on Turner or Wall is crazy personally. Athleticism is incredible overrated. So what he's not a Lebron James type athlete, he's far from a stiff. What he lacks in athleticism he more than makes up for it in instincts, moves, very good handles, very good mid range game, very good vision, strength, body control.

So the NBA is stock full of superstars who are not great athletes? I know of one, Durant, and he more than makes up for it by being 6'9 and having a 7'4 wingspan. Athleticism is not overrated when judging a player's upside. You can make it in the NBA as an average athlete, but you cannot become a star as an average athlete with average length. They just don't exist.

So yes, in that respect I compare him to Beasley. Its not an insult....I think Beasley can become an all star caliber player, but his size is always going to be a limiting factor. There's no shame in being Jamison, the player whose career path I see Beasley following. But in the NBA there are limitations as to how far you can go with a certain body type.....its unfortunate but that's just the way it is.

So the NBA is stock full of superstars who are not great athletes? I know of one, Durant, and he more than makes up for it by being 6'9 and having a 7'4 wingspan. Athleticism is not overrated when judging a player's upside. You can make it in the NBA as an average athlete, but you cannot become a star as an average athlete with average length. They just don't exist.

So yes, in that respect I compare him to Beasley. Its not an insult....I think Beasley can become an all star caliber player, but his size is always going to be a limiting factor. There's no shame in being Jamison, the player whose career path I see Beasley following. But in the NBA there are limitations as to how far you can go with a certain body type.....its unfortunate but that's just the way it is.

Read post 918. And again, comparing Beasley's situtation to Turner's is way off base. Beasley is a tweener. He doesn't have the quickness/handles to play the wing. He's just fine as a scorer at the 4, but he can't defend/rebound at the 4 which makes him a liability there as well. His situation is a carbon copy of Thaddeus Young, not Evan Turner. Evan Turner is 6'7. That is great size for SG/PG, even with his short arms. Few guards in the NBA have his size. He's not an average athlete either. He's a good athlete. Not a great one.

Who do you think the Sixers will be interested in if they make either one of these trades?

Cole Aldrich, Ekpe Udoh, and Xavier Henry in that order. Collins loves Aldrich. Stefanski loves Henry. And they like Udoh, but would take him over Henry because they need a shot blocker more than a wing.

Also hearing that Collins likes Lou Williams. So maybe he doesn't get traded for a true PG. But I still think if they can't get Aldrich/Udoh, they would be willing to trade Lou for a late 1st/early 2nd and a backup true PG. Then they could draft Alabi, Jordan, or Ndiaye with that pick. Maybe even Kevin Seraphin if the pick is in the 15-20 range.

If they do make the trade, I would rather see them get Udoh out of any of those guys.

I personally like Aldrich. He can be the post defender we need, while not being a liability on offense. He's also one of the smartest players in the draft. And while people talk about him not having great potential. Who cares. He's a safe pick. At best he's a quality starting center, not an all star by any means. At worst he's a 20-25 mpg defender/rebounder off the bench. I don't think people realize just how bad this draft is. Outside of Wall and Turner, everybody is a question mark. Cole Aldrich is one of the safest picks in the draft, and in this exceptionally weak draft, I'd gladly take Aldrich at #9 knowing we're getting Turner, and have a scoring center with potential already in Hawes.

Everything I've heard so far.

~ Thad may be traded during the draft for a lottery pick. The Sixers will call every team starting with the Clippers at 8 until Aldrich and Udoh are off the board, and they may still keep calling if Xavier Henry is still on the board. Even if Thad isn't traded during the draft, the chances are high he gets traded sometime this offseason. I say it's about a 50-50 chance Thad is traded during the draft for one of the 3 players I named.

~ Lou could also be traded during the draft. Maybe in a package with Thad. Maybe for a late 1st/early 2nd, possibly with a backup pg coming in the deal. Possibly for no pick, just a true pg. If they get a late 1st/early 2nd. expect one of Jerome Jordan, Soloman Alibi, Kevin Seraphin, or Hamady Ndiaye to be selected. I also heard that Collins likes Lou and thinks he can make a better defender out of him. Lou is instant offense off the bench, and so I wouldn't mind keeping him at all. Chances of Lou being traded are probably 30-40%

~ Kapono will probably be traded sometime in the offseason for a veteran big. My guess is Jeff Foster.

~ Iggy could be traded for the #4 pick, but highly unlikely. I'd say about a 10% chance of happening as I think Collins likes Iggy, and Nets do indeed take Favors at 3.

Read post 918. And again, comparing Beasley's situtation to Turner's is way off base. Beasley is a tweener. He doesn't have the quickness/handles to play the wing. He's just fine as a scorer at the 4, but he can't defend/rebound at the 4 which makes him a liability there as well. His situation is a carbon copy of Thaddeus Young, not Evan Turner. Evan Turner is 6'7. That is great size for SG/PG, even with his short arms. Few guards in the NBA have his size. He's not an average athlete either. He's a good athlete. Not a great one.

Whatever you want to believe. I'll go by combine measurements which show an athlete that is average by NBA standards.

Whatever you want to believe. I'll go by combine measurements which show an athlete that is average by NBA standards.

And I'll go by what matters, game tape. If you think Evan Turner's measurables are small for a SG/PG, then there really is no sense debating with you since there's few guards in the NBA with his size to begin with. The only thing I can think of is if you think Turner is a SF, and he isn't.

just got home from game, glad to see turner is a sixer...i am guessing sixres r done in this draft..i doubt any 1 gets moved..just my honest thoughts

just got home from game, glad to see turner is a sixer...i am guessing sixres r done in this draft..i doubt any 1 gets moved..just my honest thoughts

Certainly looking that way though I think the Sixers will still try hard to land a late 1st/early 2nd. That's there plan B for not getting Aldrich or Udoh. Unfortunately, I have that feeling that Stefanski is satisfied with only Turner, rather than trying to improve some more.

I think Stefanski will be happy to get Turner. I don't think that he'll make ant moves to get another pick. I am so glad that Turner is a Sixer. He will be there for many years to come.

I think Stefanski will be happy to get Turner. I don't think that he'll make ant moves to get another pick. I am so glad that Turner is a Sixer. He will be there for many years to come.

I'm happy to. I just would like to see us get Whiteside, Alabi, or Jordan. We need a shotblocker. At least get the Center from Rutgers.

Back
Top Bottom