Official 76ers Thread | Page 65 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 76ers Thread

Thanks, I am curious to see what home games they have because I will probably be going to some of them.

Been trying to find out when the schedules are released, can't find anything. It will more than likely be released sometime in August though (August 10th last year). Am hoping to go to a few games myself while visiting family in the area. I know I'll be going to the Sixers vs. Nets preseason game taking place here in Roanoke, VA Oct. 4 I believe.

Been trying to find out when the schedules are released, can't find anything. It will more than likely be released sometime in August though (August 10th last year). Am hoping to go to a few games myself while visiting family in the area. I know I'll be going to the Sixers vs. Nets preseason game taking place here in Roanoke, VA Oct. 4 I believe.
Nice, just let me know when the full schedule is released. By the way, have fun at that Nets game.

Right now I'm listening to people talk about all the free agents and where they're going to go and I would hate to be the other teams in the league. They have to sit back and watch other teams in their conference or division get better. It also sucks that the Sixers have to be one of those teams. Either way we should be a lot better team than past year.

It does suck we have no cap room. Personally, I'm glad that FA is here. BSPN has been talking non stop about this for 6 months, thank god it's almost over.

i heard you guys won't have any real cap room for 3 more years...supposedly got $160 mil tied up in iggy and brand over that time period...

WOW

i heard you guys won't have any real cap room for 3 more years...supposedly got $160 mil tied up in iggy and brand over that time period...

WOW

I'd rather not be reminded. It's more like $85 mil or so though. By that time though, Holiday, Turner, Speights, Young should all be just entering the prime of their careers, and Lou Williams despite being in the league 8 seasons would still only be 26. Though Thad and Lou could be long gone by then. But the Sixers have been great in the draft so I wouldn't be surprised to see another talented player or two drafted by then. So while we may be in cap hell for 2-3 seasons, by the time we do get cap room, we could have some great talent on the team, and be ready to compete with a big FA signing like say, Dwight Howard who becomes a FA the same year Brand-Iggy become FA's. Also Brand and/or Iggy will be tradable by then. If Brand can regain some of his form by having a coach who knows what he's doing, he could be tradable with 2 years on his contract, same with Iggy. If not, they'll be huge expirings, or we just let them expire and have tons to spend.

So while it sucks not having money to spend, I see it like this. We're not ready to compete right now anyways. Let the young players play so they get some experience, then bring in the pieces to compete for years.

I think we will be more competitve than our think. I'm not saying that we will be in the upper part of the east, by they could be a longshot to get the eight seed. If the players on this team grow and develop this could be a half decent team.

I think we will be more competitve than our think. I'm not saying that we will be in the upper part of the east, by they could be a longshot to get the eight seed. If the players on this team grow and develop this could be a half decent team.

I have no doubt this is a 40 win team. This team went from a 40 win team to a 27 win team with practically the same team under Jordan. Now we have a coach who knows what he's doing, and emphasizes defense. And still practically the same team as the 40 win team but Turner should make us even better, and Holiday should be just as good if not better than Miller. He was the last 2 months of last season. I don't think this is a competing team though. Playoffs? Yes. Championship? not yet.

I have no doubt this is a 40 win team. This team went from a 40 win team to a 27 win team with practically the same team under Jordan. Now we have a coach who knows what he's doing, and emphasizes defense. And still practically the same team as the 40 win team but Turner should make us even better, and Holiday should be just as good if not better than Miller. He was the last 2 months of last season. I don't think this is a competing team though. Playoffs? Yes. Championship? not yet.
I totally agree with you. This is an improved team that could be a 6-8 seed in the east.

Today I heard that Joe Johnson signed a six year deal with the Hawks. I didn't hear how much the deal was worth.

In my opinion Johnson resigning with the Hawks didn't come as a surprise. If I was him I would rather play in Atlanta than in New York. The Knicks have no real talent and they have no good reasons to bring free agents there.

Back
Top Bottom