**Official CBA Thread II - Update: Owners Approve CBA!** | Page 47 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official CBA Thread II - Update: Owners Approve CBA!**

When is the deadline? And if this is the last vote then I now have even more reason to hate on everybody from up north.

Salary cap is $102M, not $104M. Next year the cap will be $109M.

hey it got passed, so im happy with it... they probably had a good reason to vote against, but Wayne didn't, again I'm happy

SMadison29 said:
Salary cap is $102M, not $104M. Next year the cap will be $109M.

Yeah, just heard Mort report that on ESPNews, he also said that they are waiting for Gene Upshaw to land in Hawaii and are going to ask that the start of free agency be pushed back 24 more hours and begin on Saturday. Again, this according to Chris Mortensen on ESPNews

I don't think another day is a huge deal (pushing FA back to Saturday), considering everything that has happened already, but why do they really need to? All the teams had ample time to put together A and B scenarios to be put in motion when the outcome was decided-one with an extension, and one without.

we all new wwhat was gonna happen because the owners knew more than anybody what was at stake

HysterikiLL said:
Guys I just found out and I don't even know what to say. I'm so happy, overwhelmed and incredibly surprised that this went through.

Full credit to the owners!!

I, too, am praising the owners today. And I am also praising the players.

Most of all I am praising Upshaw and Tagliabue. Those two really did right by football.

Upshaw kept the union from asking for anything unreasonable and Tagliabue helped the owners smooth out their differences.

If, in the end, the only two really unhappy people are the owners of the Bengals and the Bills? I think we can all agree that no one should lose any sleep over that.

Good job all around, guys!

Anyone know if this means all the incentives are pushed back to next year like in year's past again? If so, we could have even more money than we think.

Samphin said:
Anyone know if this means all the incentives are pushed back to next year like in year's past again? If so, we could have even more money than we think.

Excellent question Samphin! I don't know either. You know, the more I think about it, watching a few teams like the Bucs and a couple of others start signing and resigning certain players over the past 2 days, we should have known that SOMETHING was gonna get agreed upon. I'm so geeked right now about this!!!!!! :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins:

Back
Top Bottom