**Official Conference Championships Game Watch Thread** | Page 128 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official Conference Championships Game Watch Thread**

I agree. The Packers look like the best up and coming team in the NFC Central division and it won’t surprise me if the Lions fail to make the playoffs next season.
Yes, this really was the Lions best shot. I think they’re still a playoff team but it isn’t likely they’ll be back here again next year. The Packers gave the Lions a taste of what is to come for them on Thanksgiving. Meanwhile, the 49ers are already set to dominate the NFC again next year.

Last edited:
All games come down to a few plays but the 4th down TOs without pts was catastrophic

Compared to the Gibbs Fumble which was only brutal
It wasn't like 4th and 1 or 55+ yard fgs... Both were at least 4th and 3 if I remember correctly, and 45-ish yards. Just absolutely brutal to get 0 out of both of those drives.

Yes, this really was the Lions best shot. I think they’re still a playoff team but it isn’t likely they’ll be back here again next year. Meanwhile, the 49ers are already set to dominate the NFC again next year.

That may be a stretch. Detroit’s whole team will stay intact while they continue to add talent.

They can focus on upgrading their major weakness, CB and adding a talented DL.

They have twice the cap space ($61M) than the 3 other conference finalists have, combined.

Their GM has been doing great in the draft.

Imagine if they added Christian Wilkins and Mike Evans?

yeah he made a couple of plays outside of the “system” for sure.
looked like it was to bail him out because he was getting flustered in the pocket. He had a lot of time and time to read the defense and find a guy. I don't think he was trusting himself passing. It's one thing to rely on your running when you're lamar, mahomes or allen. It felt more like panic running to me

Yes, this really was the Lions best shot. I think they’re still a playoff team but it isn’t likely they’ll be back here again next year. The Packers gave the Lions a taste of what is to come for them on Thanksgiving. Meanwhile, the 49ers are already set to dominate the NFC again next year.

The Rams will have something to say about that.

Detroit has a great core of rookies who are starting and contributing they will be back for sure...NFC is still weak.

One thing about watching purdy (the system qb) is I just kept thinking I wish tua could escape and scramble for major yards like this.
What is a system QB? All I know is that he made a couple huge plays with his legs that helped win the game. It’s become painfully obvious that you’re QB HAS to be able to pull it down and pick up a first sometimes if you’re going to win at this time of the season when the cream rises to the top. I thought the same thing watching and thinking about how doughy Tua got this year and how he physically just cannot run like that - and it’s not even asking for much. Purdy isn’t exactly a fleet footed guy. Tua has to lose weight. You can’t be a statue back there come playoff time.

That may be a stretch. Detroit’s whole team will stay intact while they continue to add talent.

They can focus on upgrading their major weakness, CB and adding a talented DL.

They have twice the cap space ($61M) than the 3 other conference finalists have, combined.

Their GM has been doing great in the draft.

Imagine if they added Christian Wilkins and Mike Evans?
The problem for the Lions as today showed is the team’s underlying psychology. When things start going bad for them, they really go bad and the old Lions return. The Dolphins have the same problem, though we were not as bad as we used to be until this season. This loss for the Lions will hangover them into next season and should they happen to meet the 49ers in the playoffs next year, I don’t think they’ll be able to catch them half-asleep and jump out 24-7 again.

In terms of cap space, the Lions have more because they have more holes to fill, whereas teams likely the 49ers, Ravens, etc are set for the next couple of seasons.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom