**Official Conference Championships Game Watch Thread** | Page 129 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official Conference Championships Game Watch Thread**

Huge Campbell fan but thought he played both 4th downs incorrectly. The first one in the 3rd your up 24-7. Go up 27-7. That said, no 8 dropped a perfect ball really. The 2nd one was a worse decision though. Tie the game up there. Best case you get the first and score a TD but leave a lot of time on the clock. Worst case you cede the game. The latter happened. The momentum of this game swung on the failed 4th and 2. Then SF gets the dropped INT-doink-bomb catch and you just knew the horseshoe was up their asses at that point. The backbreaking thing happened on the next drive where no 8 struck again and dropped a perfectly thrown crosser on 3rd and 10. Honestly, they should leave no 8 in Santa Clara

Huge Campbell fan but thought he played both 4th downs incorrectly. The first one in the 3rd your up 24-7. Go up 27-7. That said, no 8 dropped a perfect ball really. The 2nd one was a worse decision though. Tie the game up there. Best case you get the first and score a TD but leave a lot of time on the clock. Worst case you cede the game. The latter happened. The momentum of this game swung on the failed 4th and 2. Then SF gets the dropped INT-doink-bomb catch and you just knew the horseshoe was up their asses at that point. The backbreaking thing happened on the next drive where no 8 struck again and dropped a perfectly thrown crosser on 3rd and 10. Honestly, they should leave no 8 in Santa Clara

24-10 - 49ers closed within 2 scores after the half that is why he should take the FG because it would put Detroit up three scores again 27-10

That was the most heartbreaking loss I can remember. We should have hosted the 49ers in the SB that year 10 years after they basically hosted us in the SB. That was realistically Dan's best and last chance for a ring since the Bills run ended that year and the Broncos run hadn't started yet.
Yeah but that Niners team would have killed us, like they killed the Chargers. The AFC was just not competitive with the NFC at that time.

What is a system QB? All I know is that he made a couple huge plays with his legs that helped win the game. It’s become painfully obvious that you’re QB HAS to be able to pull it down and pick up a first sometimes if you’re going to win at this time of the season when the cream rises to the top. I thought the same thing watching and thinking about how doughy Tua got this year and how he physically just cannot run like that - and it’s not even asking for much. Purdy isn’t exactly a fleet footed guy. Tua has to lose weight. You can’t be a statue back there come playoff time.
Oh yeah I meant to put system in quotes since that's what so many people like to say about him. Losers like Colin Cowherd and those types love saying Purdy is just a product of the Shanahan system.

Yes, this really was the Lions best shot. I think they’re still a playoff team but it isn’t likely they’ll be back here again next year. The Packers gave the Lions a taste of what is to come for them on Thanksgiving. Meanwhile, the 49ers are already set to dominate the NFC again next year.
Campbell said it himself...

What is a system QB? All I know is that he made a couple huge plays with his legs that helped win the game. It’s become painfully obvious that you’re QB HAS to be able to pull it down and pick up a first sometimes if you’re going to win at this time of the season when the cream rises to the top. I thought the same thing watching and thinking about how doughy Tua got this year and how he physically just cannot run like that - and it’s not even asking for much. Purdy isn’t exactly a fleet footed guy. Tua has to lose weight. You can’t be a statue back there come playoff time.
some of those runs, were where he almost ran back into a sack. And seemed like how he was vs packers where he almost seemed unsure of himself passing with all the time he had to throw. It seemed like his legs bailed him out because he was flustered passing in the pocket, so he made due, but not because he was doing great from the passing part.

Oh yeah I meant to put system in quotes since that's what so many people like to say about him. Losers like Colin Cowherd and those types love saying Purdy is just a product of the Shanahan system.
meanwhile other analysts are saying purdy is elite and fighting hard for purdy getting respect while dogging on Tua. Like broussard on first things first with nick wright and that dbag that's the jets dan on colins show. He's fighting hard for purdy. I'm just over it, purdy has been good but felt niners defense won the game for him vs packers as he sucked. And that bomb pass was lucky and a bad decision and throw. And he seemed like he didn't believe in his passing when he had time and scrambled a few plays, because he seemed unsure of himself in the passing part.

Anyone else notice Benito Jones started at DT for the Lions? The guy who couldn't even be a consistent 4th DT on our team is a starter on a playoff team.

WTF Happened?

Fell asleep with Lions up like 21-10? I think and woke to find they loss…

Back
Top Bottom