Official Cuts, Releases, Rumors Of such League Wide | Page 114 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Cuts, Releases, Rumors Of such League Wide

Glad to read in Barry's article the Fins are chilling out and looking for value possibility. Truly the best way to tackle FA. After today, players will dry up, but so will be the money offered in the coming days.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 8h 8 hours ago
Former #Falcons DT Corey Peters is telling people he’ll head to the #Cardinals for roughly $3M per year

This is why I would ask Starks for a pay cut. He is not making more that 2.5 on the open market. Give him a chance to make some money back with team incentives and if he says "yes" you have a nice rotation of DT's. Starks must know he would do well next to Suh.

If he balks, cut him.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter · 2m 2 minutes ago
Now we know why DeMarco Murray has deleted Cowboys' references on his Twitter account: team has not called him since last week, per source.

Revis playing on the other side of Grimes?!? Wow, what a combo that would make. I don't see it happening either unless we do something drastic to clear more space.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 8h 8 hours ago
Former #Falcons DT Corey Peters is telling people he’ll head to the #Cardinals for roughly $3M per year

This is why I would ask Starks for a pay cut. He is not making more that 2.5 on the open market. Give him a chance to make some money back with team incentives and if he says "yes" you have a nice rotation of DT's. Starks must know he would do well next to Suh.

If he balks, cut him.

I think keeping Randy is a real possibility now and we should consider it for a 2-year deal.

Marcedes Lewis - TE - Jaguars
ESPN Jags reporter Mike DiRocco expects Marcedes Lewis to stay on the roster despite the Julius Thomas signing.
Lewis has a hefty $8.2 million cap number, but the Jags can certainly afford it if they want to. He'd be a nice luxury as a No. 2 tight end that excels as a blocker and has also shown reasonable pass-catching ability when given chances.

Clay's market continues to explode.

Clay's injury last season is the only thing keeping us with a fighting chance of hanging onto him. And we really should hang onto him. He's a perfect piece for the Lazor offense as it was played last season - he just wasn't healthy enough to make hay.

I like Clay, but if his market explodes I would love that 7 million to work with for other players at this point.

I'm really hoping we hang into clay. Like reallllyyyy hoping. This guy is one of my favorite players and rt17s favorite target besides juice

Over $7m, things start getting pretty expensive for a guy who gets dinged a fair bit, but you have to hang onto your great players. We didn't hang onto Davis, Dansby, Marshall and others and we paid for it. Clay might not be elite but - make no mistake - he's a great player in this league. To replace him will take picks and/or money and at least 2 seasons. That's not good for this roster. This roster's problem is that we have plenty of good players but not enough great ones. We're replacing a great player in Odrick with an elite player, so that works, but you have to have at least 3 really great players on either side of the ball. Lose Clay and it's another one to find and another season wasted training a guy up.

I like Clay, but if his market explodes I would love that 7 million to work with for other players at this point.

This. I love Clay, but I don't think that the dropoff from Clay to Sims will be quite as bad as people think if we lose him.

The Fins go 11 Personnel so much, I wonder if you just put Sims as the starter and invest more in the receiver position.

The Fins go 11 Personnel so much, I wonder if you just put Sims as the starter and invest more in the receiver position.

Sims would definitely need to have a tremendous leap from year 2 to year 3 from an offensive standpoint. He's already a very good blocker and is utilized in the redzone. If he can make the jump, Arthur Lynch should be in the fold and he's basically a Dion Sims understudy . . . the 2 are pretty similar.

Still ideally, you want that offensive threat in the mix and we just don't have that. We'll need take a stab at somebody who can give us that.

an Rapoport @RapSheet · 1m 1 minute ago
Twitter detective @CowboysNation notes DeMarco Murray removed all Cowboy mentions from his Twitter profile. Ominous. Watch CJ Spiller there

Back
Top Bottom