*** official day one nfl draft discussion/"game" thread *** | Page 48 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** official day one nfl draft discussion/"game" thread ***

What was our rush defense statistics last year? Yea, let's keep attacking the edge. It's been working. No one will figure out our Achilles's Heel.

An inside backer with elite skills starring us in the face and we get cute again. Yea sure, we can find linebacker and DT help later in the draft or for cheap in FA.

How long since Zach Thomas was here?

There's a recognition problem with our organization and LBs.

And Gawd forbid we solidify the left side of the line for the next decade.

I'm beginning to think we are not too much different from the Jets when it comes to defying all sensible logic on draft day and simply take BPA that falls in your lap.

No time for the "DE's are more valuable than OG or LB" arguments. Tell me that when the rush yards start to pile up game after game. Or we get ripped game after game by seam TE's exploiting our inability to cover athletic TE's up the middle or in space.

This is common sense. Take the gifts you are given.

MLB

Would someone please email the full defensive positional chart to our FO? Apparently our copy doesn't have the middle of the field on it.

So when Zach Thomas was drafted you knew he'd have the career he ended up having?

Hoping now for a guard/cenetr tomorrow and a corner or LB

Ozzy rules!!

I would have liked to trade down however if we targeted two players and only one was still there can you blame them for not risking it?

Depends on your philospy. Do you want the player that has the bigger impact day one or do you want the player that's you think is going to be the better player overall during course of their 4 or 5 year rookie deal? Of course you would like to say their entire careers, but so few players play their entire career with one team. It's best to jsut look at the first five years and then go forward from there.

I know a lot of people were talking about Lamp, but remember Gase said during free agency that the staff felt you didn't have to go top tier at that position to build a winning unit. You had to figure the same philosophy applied to the draft. If you don't need grade A talent in free agency at a position why would you then turn around and burn a first round pick on the same position? It would seem to be a contridiction.

I might have traded the pick if the right offer was on the table. Atlanta's 1st (31) and 3rd would have been interesting, but seeing the pick is at the end of the 3rd I might have tried to get another offer.

Funny how fans here crying buckets of tears over not selecting Foster as he continues to drop off the planet.
Smh do you think for a moment that you know as much as 26 NFL front offices??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys complaining that defensive end is not a need are clueless. There is only one pure pass rusher on this roster (Wake) and he is 35 years old. If he gets hurt, Miami's whole pass rush is gone. Criticizing the player (Harris) is fair, but criticizing Miami for taking a pass rusher is just plain ignorant.

Why are people hung up on if he "starts"?
Who cares...If he's in there creating havoc on 3rd downs and in the 4th quarter that's what matters...that's what this team needs.
This defense couldn't stop anybody when it mattered. They had one of the worst adjusted pass rushes in the league.
This league isn't that difficult - it's about making your QB comfortable while making the opponents QB as uncomfortable as possible.
Hopefully Harris aids in that.

There appears to be good value/depth in the secondary, so hopefully that is still the case when they pick in round 2...and/or I'm happy that they seem to finally have a shared vision and plan under Gase and looking to find the best available players that fit the systems.

So when Zach Thomas was drafted you knew he'd have the career he ended up having?

Good point bro. While I definitely want an LB more than a DE right now I don't teams necessarily need to spend a first rounder to get an effective LB. It would have felt nice to see the team address LB though since we were practically starting UDFA's two years ago and still clearly need another starter..

Some of you are just insufferable. Jesus Christ.

I am not a big fan of DEs from Mizzou.

But at this spot...give me a oline men. Period. You want to dictate games? You have to protect the QB. This isn't new from me. Inside out. And if we want a efficient offense, you get the pieces to do it.

Meh. It is what it is.

Back
Top Bottom