*** Official Detroit Lions @ Miami Dolphins Game Thread *** Wk7

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Adam First, Oct 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRook

TheRook Rookie Finheaven VIP

Disagree...losing to NFC is not the end. Winning Thursday will be tough, but that game is far more critical than this one. I for one am not willing to just concede that game...

2. RonniesRightArm

RonniesRightArm Well-Known Member

I, just that everyone thought this was an easy win... we aren’t good lol

3. superphin

superphin don't go clown shoes on us Finheaven VIP

Ah damn I thought we scored in the 1st QTR in this game...damn stream kept freezing and cut out the edges of the screen.

*Demi*God* likes this.
  4. jlfin

jlfin old pro

Wrong we are average. NFL purgatory
    Very difficult to get beyond that without superior coaching and an upper echelon QB

Avigatorx likes this.
  5. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer None of my business. Finheaven VIP Donator

What I have seen from Osweiler in the last two games means that I have to completely reevaluate him from scratch. This is not the same man I saw throwing worm burners in Houston or looking like he was trapped in the second dimension (like General Zod) when he was in Denver.

He looks a hell of a lot better, so I'm going to have to judge him on what I'm seeing right now, which is a guy who looks like a competent NFL quarterback, rather than someone who should be wearing a paper hat at a drive through.

artdnj likes this.
  6. RonniesRightArm

RonniesRightArm Well-Known Member

That is my point... Burke our coached

artdnj likes this.
  7. volk

volk Seasoned Veteran

I agree to a point. He does look better in Miami then what he has looked anywhere else. That said, he has no speed or urgency when down and needing to manage the clock. That has not changed....yet at least.

8. joenhre

joenhre Starter Finheaven VIP Donator

If the defense keeps playing the way they did today and last week. This team is not going to win many more games. Just the reality of things. Especially if Wilson and Stills are out a signigicant amount of time. The offense isn't at the point where they can score 30+ points a game which is what they will need to do if Burke and that defense don't get their heads out of their collective asses.

Detroit at home was probably one of more favorable matchups they are going to face this season. Losing that game will be extremly costly to the teams playoff chances. However like I mentioned , if the defense doesn't wake up this team will be lucky to win another game.

Avigatorx likes this.
  9. *Demi*God*

*Demi*God* A True Fan

Problem is this...Gase treats games like chess matches...he called certain looks to see how teams react so he can give the same look and do something different later in the game...we have scored like 60 points in the 4th quarter a lone this year...

10. Bob512

Bob512 Formerly Dolphins512 Finheaven VIP Donator

I agree with this. Although that strategic approach has caused to us to behind at critical times. We need to score points earlier in the game. Our inability to put up points in the first half is really hurting this team

Avigatorx likes this.
  11. Atila

Atila Atila - the freshmaker. Finheaven VIP

What? An offense that is scoring 21pts a game to you is apparently a great offense. If we're averaging less than 24-25ppg we're still mediocre.

12. Lionstone

Lionstone A True Fan

I am not sure I agree with your analysis, but I will stipulate the point to consider your premise This strategy is not a loosing proposition by itself. The issue is the offensive line was dominated during the first half. This means exploratory plays are not gaining enough yards to put the offense ahead of the sticks. It is interesting conversation.

13. DolphLasVegas

DolphLasVegas Active Member

Team just cannot win "hump" games. Games that get them over the hump. Whether that is a division rival game, game that puts them in the playoffs or a must win vs. can't lose game. They just continually end up on the losing end.

Been ongoing for what seems like a decade plus.

They have flashes....
    They show heart....
    They can win....

They just cannot win must win games. Not that today was must win but going to Houston isn't a pretty picture right now.

Average. Continually average. That is this team. 8-8. 7-9. 9-7. There is always the possibility of getting into the playoffs at 9-7....it just seems like this team cannot push the car over that hump game. Terrible situation IMO. Not sure how or when that gridlock is broken. Personally I don't have a lot of confidence. A decade plus of crap will do that.

Marino420TD and Avigatorx like this.
  14. dolpns13

dolpns13 Taste the Burn Finheaven VIP Donator

You just simulated a scenario without even know it.

15. Good_Dylan

Good_Dylan A True Fan

Announcers who are not so bias as fans just said Brock had a good game
    LOL...21 Pts wins most games in the NFL but with no defense like today then yea, you need 50.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.