Official Detroit Pistons Thread | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Detroit Pistons Thread

phunwin said:
Well, it sounds like Joe Dumars isn't going to do a major overhaul. I'm not sure that's a good move; the league's clearly moving in a direction where guys like Ben Wallace are less valuable and where offense is prized over defense. As I said, my focus would be on trying to work out a deal for Kevin Garnett. They've got the players to do it, obviously.

As it is, it sounds like they're going to be limited to using the mid-level exception and trying to resign Wallace. Bonzi Wells has been mentioned as a target...which I'm not thrilled with. Bobby Jackson would be a much better choice; he can at least run the point.

I really think that the Pistons need to get rid of Ben Wallace. if we could trade him for Garnett that would be perfect. And Sheed in the playoffs just stood around the 3 point line. He needs to crash the boards this year. you think if we got Garnett Sheed would move to center. Well thats if they wanted to trade Sheed or Ben.Bobby Jackson would be a great backup for Big Shot. I was really dissapointed when they traded Arroyo. I think that they need to get another dominant offensive player. And a backup power forward because Antonio is getting old. And possibly another canter.

Straztheman said:
I really think that the Pistons need to get rid of Ben Wallace. if we could trade him for Garnett that would be perfect. And Sheed in the playoffs just stood around the 3 point line. He needs to crash the boards this year. you think if we got Garnett Sheed would move to center. Well thats if they wanted to trade Sheed or Ben.Bobby Jackson would be a great backup for Big Shot. I was really dissapointed when they traded Arroyo. I think that they need to get another dominant offensive player. And a backup power forward because Antonio is getting old. And possibly another canter.

Ben Wallace for Garnett? Are you joking?

Phunwin...you are misguided in wanting Bobby Jackson over Bonzi Wells....(You won't afford Bonzi)...

The Pistons need another good Guard...

Chris Duhon would be the PERFECT player for the Pistons to get.

The talk is heavy that Ben Wallace is a goner....

If that is the case...I am really a big fan of Nazr Mohammed...he would be a great fit.

Of course...you can always add Duhon....Jeffries....another warm body as a backup center and keep Ben Wallace..and you would be MUCH improved.

Section126 said:

Phunwin...you are misguided in wanting Bobby Jackson over Bonzi Wells....(You won't afford Bonzi)...

If that is the case...I am really a big fan of Nazr Mohammed...he would be a great fit.

Of course...you can always add Duhon....Jeffries....another warm body as a backup center and keep Ben Wallace..and you would be MUCH improved.

you are probably right. But we have to get rid of Ben. If he could make 1 out of 2 freethrows every time I could even live with that. But come on how can you be an NBA player and not be able to make a free throw. And I think Jackson would be a good fit for the pistons as a backup. But I am hoping that the Pistons could somehow be able to get a quality guard or PF in the draft. This offseason will be crucial to their success next season.

Just curious who do you think is the Pistons best player. I say Chauncy, but in a few years I think Prince will be one of the most dominant forwards in the league.

Section126 said:

Exactly, they need a better/bigger 2 guard. The Heat are sooooo lucky they passed on Wade.

Maybe Detroit could get one of the Knicks 15 guards??

greatwade said:
Exactly, they need a better/bigger 2 guard. The Heat are sooooo lucky they passed on Wade.

Maybe Detroit could get one of the Knicks 15 guards??

Whats wrong with Rip? He averaged 20.1 PPG, 3 boards, 3 assists,45% from 3, 85% from the line, 50% from the field and hes not god enough fro the Pistons? :sidelol:

Section126 said:

I assume he means Wallace and something else. I hope so, anyway. My thought, as I've said before was Wallace, Hamilton, a youngster and Orlando's #1. I'd sooner send Ben than Rasheed in a deal, but if it took Sheed instead, so be it.

I like Duhon, and you're right, he'd be a good fit, in that he can distribute the ball and play ferocious D. The problem is that Duhon is like a bigger Lindsey Hunter: he can pass and defend, but can't score. And they need a scorer right now.

I'd like a return tour of duty for Mike James, who never should have been let go so easily in the first place, but he's probably too expensive.

As for Jackson vs. Wells, I would much rather have Jackson. Wells isn't just likely to be this year's Jerome James, he's a mortal lock. The guy dogs it for years, then turns on his A game in the playoffs before a contract year? Ugh. No thanks. Jackson can score, run the point, and plays hard. Granted, he's injury-prone, but there's no perfect player on the market this summer.

I'll believe it when I see it, but that said, I don't think they'll be willing to overpay Wallace. And if Toronto or Atlanta comes in with a ridiculous offer, he's a goner. Before the season, I figured there was a 1% chance he'd leave Detroit. Now, I'd say it's up to 30%. So, I can't call you crazy.

I'm not as big on Mohammed. If you can't flourish with Tim Duncan playing next to you, you're just not very good.

Yeah, and I know the T-Wolves wouldnt take Wallace for Garnett. I was thinking Wallacw and maybe a pick or Delfino.

Straztheman said:
Yeah, and I know the T-Wolves wouldnt take Wallace for Garnett. I was thinking Wallacw and maybe a pick or Delfino.

It would take Wallace and either Prince or Hamilton to get them to even listen. And since the cap ramifications involved make Prince nearly impossible to trade (base-year compensation, since his extension kicks in in 2006-7), it almost would have to be Wallace and Hamilton. Even that, I think the T-Wolves would decline without at least a first round pick involved.

I would not be shocked to see Ben a Laker, He is a perfect fit there. I mean Pass the ball and not shoot? Kobe would love that.

Also I would not be supprised to see KG and AI end up somehow in NewYork.

Mindwarp said:
I would not be shocked to see Ben a Laker, He is a perfect fit there. I mean Pass the ball and not shoot? Kobe would love that.

I would. The Lakers have $67.6 million committed to next year's cap. Unless Wallace wants to sign for the mid-level exception (he won't), he won't sign there as a free agent.

A sign and trade of Wallace for Lamar Odom (which actually doesn't seem all that unreasonable...except that a frontcourt of Odom and Rasheed Wallace would probably be subject to daily drug testing) would be the only way he ends up in LA. And then Kobe Bryant would get to hoist up 50 shots a game next year.

The only way I can see Big Ben leaving Detroit is if a team offers a max or near max deal. Dumars has made it pretty clear hes going to offer a deal similar to those Rip and 'Sheed got in the ~10 mil per for 4 years. If someone is stupid enough to offer a 6 yr deal with a starting salary of 14 mil he wont be able to turn it down. I doubt anyone would go that far, but its the NBA....GMs have done far dumber things.

A sign and trade should be out of the question. There is no reason for Dumars to trade him and there doesnt seem to be a great deal of animosity between player and organization. With that off the table there are only a few teams which can offer a big time deal. Charlotte wont consider it so that leaves Chicago, Atlanta, New Orleans, the Clippers and the Raptors. Toss New Orleans b/c of their shakey financial situation.

It would just be asinine for a team like Atlanta or the Raptors to sign an aging player like Ben since they wont be contenders....although if it gets Bosh to stay no price would be too high for Toronto. The more likely contenders are Chicago, New Orleans, and the Clippers....all of whom could be legit contenders with a big man like Wallace manning the paint.

Back
Top Bottom