Official Dolphins "good Vibes" Positive Outlook Mega Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Dolphins "good Vibes" Positive Outlook Mega Thread

Vaark

The Intra-Dimensional Felinians R Coming 2 Save Us
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I'm starting this off by reposting a video from NFLn's Peter Schrager being bullish on the team's 2018 prospects including Tannehill being able to pick up where he left off at 7-1.

The original thread, inadvertently merged into a Tannehill comeback megathread by a well-meaning and respected mod really shouldn't have been. Within so much gloom and doom both from the media and even within FH, it provided some welcome hope of a bright light at the end of this short tunnel.

I believe as "fans" which is a word derived from "fanatic" which in its truest sense is defined as unqualified enthusiasm and positive expectations, we need a thread devoid of all the negativism that abounds and even creeps in to some OPs that start off as hopeful.

So hopefully this thread will aggregately reflect contrarian viewpoints by capturing the positive aspects of the fins as a team going forward. There are plenty of individual negative threads or threads that quickly morph into negativism - especially the 6 or so I counted last night regarding Tannehill. Those threads IMO could well be merged into a skeptics mega thread since they all inevitably evolve in the same predictable manner. (and admittedly I'm as guilty as many).

So if you see any positive Fincentric coverage -especially opinion-based, regarding the team, their players, organization, etc., hopefully this is the thread in which you can share them without having those posts serving as a piñata since as we all know there are many , or even too many other threads that fulfill that purpose.

It will boil down to Oline play. We have the playmakers, a top 15 qb, and an offensive minded coach that schemes fairly well. We just need our line to finally gel

I'm looking forward to seeing some Y iso with gesicki. Something Gase lives on when he has an actual TE to produce in the role. Cameron and the shell of Julius Thomas just wasn't enough to get it done. This team has a high ceiling but it all starts with RT17's knee. A healthy tannehill and there is no way this team doesn't make the playoffs

I haven’t been this excited since Jimmy Johnson took over. I think the O will be the talk of the NFL by week 5. So much speed and so many mismatches. I’d still like another DT to put my optimism over the top but it’s a nice change having high expectations.

I would post the Marky Mark "Good Vibrations" video, but **** him and his Tom Brady loving ways.

I get excited for most seasons, but seeing that the Dolphins have a plan and seem to be consistent in the players they have added this year. Wilson and Amendola are both cerebral WR's that should be able to help execute Gase's offense. Getting Tannehill back and actually going into the season with an offensive line that looks competent.

I think it is more evident that Gase has a very strong say this season in the front office. These moves seem like his moves and if it works out and a guy like Gase seems like he expects it to work out then we are good going forward, but if it doesn't...well he can only blame himself. I personally love what we have done and I have confidence that it will work out.

HEalthy Tannehill + solid o-line + intelligent WRs + an actual TE = points on the board.

The defense should be stronger. Better edge players, upgrade at LB and Minkah should be able to make a big impact on the back end with his play and his knowledge of the game. Weird to think that a rookie coming in day one could be your guy that can clean up some basic mistake on the backend, but he seems like he will be asked to do so. Finally a legit FS.

i said it elsewhere- 11-5. yeah, everything has to go right, but it will. this will be a reversal of fortunes, like the jags last year.

Most teams can probably say this in May, but I believe more talent has come into the building than left the building. Plus the Dolphins have a lot of young talent and emerging players who could play a big factor in the season.

Here's a short list of some young talent on Miami --- Drake, Tunsil, Gesicki, Grant, Parker, Wilson, Godchaux, Phillips, Harris, McMillan, Baker, Howard, Tankersley, Fitzpatrick. I think Howard and Drake have already began to emerge. We haven't seen the best of Tunsil or Parker yet. Grant's big-play ability screams for more playing time. Tankersley and Godchaux were pretty solid as rookies. Can't wait for McMillan to get on the field as he could turn out to be a real leader for the defense.

To me, this young talent is the key to the season for the Dolphins.

I'm starting this off by reposting a video from NFLn's Peter Schrager being bullish on the team's 2018 prospects including Tannehill being able to pick up where he left off at 7-1.

The original thread, inadvertently merged into a Tannehill comeback megathread by a well-meaning and respected mod really shouldn't have been. Within so much gloom and doom both from the media and even within FH, it provided some welcome hope of a bright light at the end of this short tunnel.

I believe as "fans" which is a word derived from "fanatic" which in its truest sense is defined as unqualified enthusiasm and positive expectations, we need a thread devoid of all the negativism that abounds and even creeps in to some OPs that start off as hopeful.

So hopefully this thread will aggregately reflect contrarian viewpoints by capturing the positive aspects of the fins as a team going forward. There are plenty of individual negative threads or threads that quickly morph into negativism - especially the 6 or so I counted last night regarding Tannehill. Those threads IMO could well be merged into a skeptics mega thread since they all inevitably evolve in the same predictable manner. (and admittedly I'm as guilty as many).

So if you see any positive Fincentric coverage -especially opinion-based, regarding the team, their players, organization, etc., hopefully this is the thread in which you can share them without having those posts serving as a piñata since as we all know there are many , or even too many other threads that fulfill that purpose.

Thanks for doing this. Much needed thread. A place for something other than black clouds and complaining. Love it!

Kim Bokamper likes our draft with who he thinks will immediately be 3 impact players

"These guys have played in big games on big stages against big crowds. National championship games. Playoff games. You have guys that to me are game ready to step into the NFL and be a big impact," Bokamper said. "I expect those three top guys — Fitzpatrick, Gesicki and Baker — to be starters or about starters. Minkah Fitzpatrick may not be the starting corner or the starting safety, but I guarantee you that once they go to a nickel package, he's going to be out there. He's going to play 40 to 50 plays a game. Gesicki is going to be a starter. And I think Jerome Baker is going to have a role at that linebacker spot. So right off the bat, if that comes to fruition, you have three impact players for you. "

Thanks for doing this. Much needed thread. A place for something other than black clouds and complaining. Love it!
While I know that personally, probably to a fault I'm not bashful in calling a spade a spade, I do understand that a thread like this without the inevitable cognitive dissonant blowback reflects the sentiments of our true more self-controlled and polite vast "silent majority."

Last edited:
There might be two or three games this season that Miami is not in a position for a possible win in the 4th quarter, the remaining games Miami has at least a 50/50 chance at winning. I f they cut down on 4th quarter errors and penalties while making a few clutch plays here and there they will win more than their share of games.

Birdman, I think Jonathan Hankins is coming our way after June 1. If we get Hankins we're in great shape at DT suddenly. Our run defense will be much better with McMillan and Baker filing gaps with their great instincts and speed. .Kiko will also help against the run. We have several stars in the secondary or soon to be stars. Jones has received some recognition finally but Minkah and X are going to be Pro Bowlers very soon imo. We have something planned for TJ but I expect him close to the LOS which will be great because he can lay the wood.

It will boil down to Oline play. We have the playmakers, a top 15 qb, and an offensive minded coach that schemes fairly well. We just need our line to finally gel

I honestly expect our O-line to improve. 2 factors to consider:

(a) Coaching
Last season was severely disrupted by the Coach Foerster cocaine snorting video and his prompt departure. An interim coach was brought in but this whole situation was a mess. In contrast Gase has got his guy in Dowell Loggains from Chicago Bears as his Offensive Coordinator who has brought his guy in Jeremiah Washburn to coach the O-line. There is clearly an opportunity for better stability in the coaching department. Ironically, the Vegas stripper who released the online video of Foerster actually did the Dolphins a big favor by exposing a massive personnel problem that had to be addressed.

(b) Players
In addition to the coaching upgrade, Loggains and Washburn have also brought in Josh Sittons to help upgrade the Guard position and to be the O-line team leader and from reports, Josh is already running the O-line room - he is a natural strong leader and enabled the release of Pouncey because they considered Sittons a better leader (remember Pouncey couldn't train with the other players on certain days because of his hip). They also traded to get Kilgore from the 49ers as part of the move to replace Pouncey. This was all done as a conscious decision to improve. The "Nervous Nellies" who are scared about Pouncey departing should take a breath and relax - Gase, Loggains, Washburn and Sittons have this base covered.
Surprise positive from last season was the emergence of Jesse Davis as an undrafted Free Agent and hopefully he can develop further. We also get Ju'Wuan James back from injury, which is good news.
The better coaching also offers scope to improve the development of Tunsil, James, Davis and who knows, maybe Asiata? Players like Larsen and Sam Young offer decent depth.

I'm more optimistic about our O-line than I have been for many years.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom