Official Dolphins "good Vibes" Positive Outlook Mega Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Dolphins "good Vibes" Positive Outlook Mega Thread

now that I got one kid gone and off the books (hopefully) I can get sunday ticket again so I'm feeling some wins, lots of them. (unless tanne gets hurt again, then ill use that as my excuse to cancel) Last season just had an all around bad feel, and it made it worse me wasting the first 10 minutes of every game trying to find a feed on the firestick that actually worked, and then in turn trying to not have every device in the house burning through wifi so it wouldn't lag. Last seasons fins felt like using my firestick to watch games, discombobulated, this season, im feeling with the over priced sunday ticket its gonna be more like the dolphins, super fast awesome flow with no hiccups! go fins! and thanks for posting again Vaark, even tho I mentioned in the last post combing RT threads, this is a positive thread not an RT thread, so sorry brother for agreeing with the initial merger

My honest opinion, this will be a pretty good team.

Everything is barring injury of course:

QB play will move to average or probably above (trying not to go too far). This will make a world of difference. It was below average last year.

This will be the best pass blocking line in the Tannehill era. The addition of Sitton, a healthy James and 2nd year at LT Tunsil should spell improvement.

Landry's 100+ Catches will be spread out amongst more explosive players and a we’ll have a reliable steady hand in Danny Amendola for the tough chain movers.

Drake in his 2nd year will be improved and he’ll be involved in the passing game. Most defenses don’t deal well with pass catching backs. Gore in the room will show Drake and Ballage what it takes to be a pro.

One thing, we will expect a lot from our rookie TE’s. The have to produce and can’t hit the proverbial rookie wall.

Defensively I feel we’ve improved at every positional group except DT. Run defense is a concern, let’s hope improved LB and S play is the remedy. Also let’s hope our offense puts pressure on the other team to score points. We’ll be at our best when we pin our ears back and rush.

I also believe Gase likes the team, finally, and see him as someone who will refuse to fail. I think we’ll compete for a WC as long as the attrition game doesn’t kill us. Nobody is really deep enough and certain injuries would surely derail our season.

Last edited:
To be optimistic, I'll have to be negative . . . a little. Last year I didn't like Gase's play-calling early and, like most, HATED the number of penalties. Based on no evidence, I think those will be corrected. Better position coaches, players more familiar with the scheme, and some of those who committed penaties to overcome poor talent are gone.

My second negative? A number of players last year weren't just bad, but REAL bad (e.g., JT). We don't know how all replacements will do nor how the 2nd year players will perform, but, excluding one DT position, I see 'no change' or 'better.' Some I see as significantly better. For now, I'm trying to be realistic with a 7-8 win season. Worse case, maybe 6. OTOH, best case I can see a playoff berth. Depends on injuries and how many players perform up to talent level.

With that as preface, this is the most optimistic I've been in a l-o-o-o-o-n-n-g time.
That is one factor that no one is talking about, there have been some key changes with very respected coaches.

It seems that every year we address one issue, another one pops up. O line has been upgraded but can they gel and produce? What about LBs? Def line? Rookies? Will we stay healthy? Will Tannehill be the same?

A lot of question marks that could go either way. We need to put it all together and stay healthy for us to be a contender. I really hope it happens this year.

To be honest, that could be said for about 80% of the teams in the league.

It seems that every year we address one issue, another one pops up. O line has been upgraded but can they gel and produce?
One thing I really like about this off-season is that the front office seems to finally recognize that we need to plug all holes in our roster and have depth as well. In the past, they too often would plug one hole but immediately open another one. Sign Larson to replace Bushrod but then cut Albert leaving us still with a gaping hole at guard. This season, fill LG with Sitton, cut Pouncey but immediately replace him with Kilgore, not cut James, and have two good candidates for RG and depth at guard and tackle.

So on PFF this morning, Florio and Chris Sims do this "draft" alternating 3 picks each on various subjects past and present. Anyway, inspired by Manziel's CFL signing, the subject was "Best CFL Players in the NFL." Simms won the coin toss so he took the no-brainer Warren Moon first. Florio's follow up first pick was none other than Cam Wake leaving players like Flutie and Theismann still on the board.

Now I know it's only Florio, he's been a Fins hater forever and aside from being on TV, his opinion really is no better than worse than anyone else.. but was glad to see Wake get the network recognition he so richly deserves.

I will merge this with @Vaark's feel good thread in about 5 mins.... but after a year of Jay Cutler hell I just wanted to ask - how ****ing good does it feel to have a real qb again?

awful music, ****ing great tweet

Edit: Done. Still feels ****ing great to see him back though

Last edited:
I will merge this with @Vaark's feel good thread in about 5 mins.... but after a year of Jay Cutler hell I just wanted to ask - how ****ing good does it feel to have a real qb again?

awful music, ****ing great tweet

Edit: Done. Still feels ****ing great to see him back though

I've been trying to temper my excitement but that just puts me over the edge. Now I'm watching every tannehill highlight video....again.

One thing, we will expect a lot from our rookie TE’s. The have to produce and can’t hit the proverbial rookie wall.
If it makes you feel any better, Mike Gesicki had a 97% catch completion percentage last season at Penn State (highest in the NCAA) and Tannehill is a better QB than he had in college. #17 just needs to get the ball near him and he'll catch it. He has a lot to learn about blocking, routes, etc but Gesicki has great hands, speed, leaping skills and he's 6'6". (Opposing Safeties may need to bring a stepladder and spare underpants).

Miami has had an excellent off-season. Finally starting to draft like a real team and value talent like a real team.

It's taken way too long, but things are definitely looking up in Dolfanland.

The only wildcard now is health. Miami stays reasonably healthy, this will likely be a 10 win year, knocking on the door of the playoffs.

LD

Back
Top Bottom