Official Dolphins "good Vibes" Positive Outlook Mega Thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Dolphins "good Vibes" Positive Outlook Mega Thread

The outside negative predictions comes from a very superficial viewpoint of losing "big name" players. All they see are the guys we lost and no "big names" brought in. I'm fine with that 100%. Those on the inside (our fanbase) understand the "team" concept and how our free agent pickups and draft will be much more cohesive. We have better depth at all positions except QB. We have a core nucleus of young players coming into their 2nd, 3rd or 4th years sprinkled with some veterans that are still playing at a high caliber. Our coaching staff is solid. Most of these players have played in Gase's system and we should be able to open the playbook and play instinctually. Only hurricanes and volcanoes...

I agree with everything except being weaker at backup QB.

I think Fales is already the equal of Moore and more likely to be much better at the end of this season than Moore ever was. I've been a Moore fan since he played for the Panthers, but he was much more limited under pressured than I thought he would be.

Osweiler should not be discounted either. He may have" jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire" when he left Denverand not thought out what was likely to happen with his new team, but with the amount of money he was offered what did you think he would do. He has one special feature that not all backup QB's offer - a lot of game day experience, both real good and real bad. My best thoughts on our having him are:

1) He will be effective as a practice or backup QB
2) He will recover and develop into a good QB.
3) His recovering will put us in a good position to get one or more good draft picks when he is traded.

This all bodes well for our having improved our position at backup QB.

It seems that every year we address one issue, another one pops up. O line has been upgraded but can they gel and produce? What about LBs? Def line? Rookies? Will we stay healthy? Will Tannehill be the same?

A lot of question marks that could go either way. We need to put it all together and stay healthy for us to be a contender. I really hope it happens this year.
Welcome to the NFL!

Golf and fishing. Wish I was there :)

Nice tuna and a huge smoker Kingfish

Absolutely Vaark. I almost went to one of these a few years back. I think the lowest price for the complete weekend was 5 grand. Maybe one day.

Nice to see Hartline; I'm sure RT17 wasn't the only QB who could have gotten BH paid, but regardless, he did right by him, easing him into his new business

I expect to see a highly improved pass defense from last year.

1. better DB & DL coach
2. better WDE play
3. improved CB's that will be allowed to press
4. improved play at FS and nickle LB
5. more big nickel and dime packages
6. more turnovers

I expect to be about the same in yards allowed on defense but hope to see a them give up fewer points. Improved coaching should help in this area as well as an improved offense with RT17 to keep the defense off the field.

I expect to see a highly improved pass defense from last year.

1. better DB & DL coach
2. better WDE play
3. improved CB's that will be allowed to press
4. improved play at FS and nickle LB
5. more big nickel and dime packages
6. more turnovers

I expect to be about the same in yards allowed on defense but hope to see a them give up fewer points. Improved coaching should help in this area as well as an improved offense with RT17 to keep the defense off the field.
The natural leadership of McMillan and Fitzpatrick will help tremendously. I also think Fitzpatrick wins DROY

The natural leadership of McMillan and Fitzpatrick will help tremendously. I also think Fitzpatrick wins DROY

I was just thinking about this but it will be a tough task considering the award typically goes to a LB. The last time a safety won it was 1990 (Mark Carrier).

That is the AP DROY

Even Ed Reed was edged out by Julius Peppers in 2002 and ER had 5 picks that year.

Over the last 5 years it has gone to a CB twice, a DE twice and a DT once. Luke Keuchley won it 6 years ago. From 2003 to 2012 a LB won it every year. Of course they consider "edge" as a LB (Von Miller).

I believe he will be in the discussion.

I was just thinking about this but it will be a tough task considering the award typically goes to a LB. The last time a safety won it was 1990 (Mark Carrier).

That is the AP DROY

Even Ed Reed was edged out by Julius Peppers in 2002 and ER had 5 picks that year.

Over the last 5 years it has gone to a CB twice, a DE twice and a DT once. Luke Keuchley won it 6 years ago. From 2003 to 2012 a LB won it every year. Of course they consider "edge" as a LB (Von Miller).

I believe he will be in the discussion.
So you think Roquan Smith or maybe Chubb get it. I agree Fitzpatrick will need a big year to get it

It is worth noting that Lattimore won with 5 picks and a TD. I would think corners and safeties have the same chances of winning. Peters had 8 picks the year he won

Back
Top Bottom