***Official Dolphins @ Vikings Game Day Thread**** | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Dolphins @ Vikings Game Day Thread****

I have to share this. I just woke up from a nap (I'm feeling a little ill), and I had this dream. I'm sitting in the parking lot of the stadium, tailgating, when I fall down and bang my head. I'm staring up at the sky, and I see a vision of Tony Sparano and Ronnie Brown staring back at me. In this god-like voice, they say "The Wildcat is not dead" and they vanish.

I HAVE A GOOD FEELING. I'M FREAKING OUT. AND THIS JUST GOT SERIOUS.

the vikings need this win some kind of bad...although it would be nice for us to go in there and get the w its not a crushing blow for us if we don't...i think the more desperate team in their home opener who has had more time to prepare and imo honestly has more talent in the vikings gets it done tomorrow...

however...i don't care what it looks like on our end...if we do come out of there tomorrow with a win i'll be elated...and it will pretty much set us up to go into the bye imo with a winning record...would have to think we'd at least get one of our next 2 home games prior to the bye

i saw a stat that said our of the 13 times favre was pressured he only completed 3 of those passes. so we need to get to him early

I have to share this. I just woke up from a nap (I'm feeling a little ill), and I had this dream. I'm sitting in the parking lot of the stadium, tailgating, when I fall down and bang my head. I'm staring up at the sky, and I see a vision of Tony Sparano and Ronnie Brown staring back at me. In this god-like voice, they say "The Wildcat is not dead" and they vanish.

Occasionally I will have a vision pop into my head about the Dolphins. I had one yesterday....13-10 Dolphins.

cocaine is a helluva drug

the vikings need this win some kind of bad...although it would be nice for us to go in there and get the w its not a crushing blow for us if we don't...i think the more desperate team in their home opener who has had more time to prepare and imo honestly has more talent in the vikings gets it done tomorrow...

however...i don't care what it looks like on our end...if we do come out of there tomorrow with a win i'll be elated...and it will pretty much set us up to go into the bye imo with a winning record...would have to think we'd at least get one of our next 2 home games prior to the bye
although i agree its never good to start 0-2, i wouldnt say the vikes need this game badly. correct me if im wrong but didnt the vikes start 0-2 in 08 and won the division?

i no this isnt 08, but lets be real. the nfc isnt that good. the vikings could start 0-2 and still get a wildcard. we need to win i think at least 11 games in the afc to be safe. we need everygame very badly. now obviously some games i guess r ''better'' losses than others, but we need to make a big statement and win a road game in a tough place to give us dolfans confidence about this team.

what better then going 2-0 into our home opener with the place rocking sunday night and having a chance to get off to our best start since 02 and possibly bury the jets?

Ricky_Fan34;1063571630[B said:
]I've gotten less confident as the week has gone on.[/B] Same thing happened last week when we played Buffalo. The closer it got, the more worried I became. I just need to see some more Dolphins football. Things I'll be keeping an eye on include...

- Jake Long has a chance to really solidify his position in the top 2 or 3 left tackles in the game if he can shut down Jared Allen. This should be an excellent matchup and should be an exciting battle to watch all game long.

- The secondary was outstanding last week, but one thing stood out-- they were unable to hold onto interceptions. Game changing plays are critical against elite teams. We will need to see the Dolphins make some on both sides of the ball tomorrow.

- Miami Defense is going to have their handful with Adrian Peterson, but if they can shut down the run, I believe we can force Favre into throwing balls into tight coverage, giving our defensive backs a chance to pick some off.

- Chad Henne is going to have to bring his A game tomorrow if we want to have a chance. It's pretty clear Miami will likely not have much success running at the Williams Wall, so look for Chad Henne to pass early and often.

- Brandon Marshall should get some excellent matchups against the banged up Vikings secondary. Both Chris Cook and Cedric Griffin likely won't play, leaving them playing safeties at corner. I expect Marshall to have multiple deep balls thrown his way.

- It's no secret that Jason Allen was sensational last week, but how long will that last is the question. Can Jason Allen play at a high level again this week, and continue to ward off Sean Smith from reclaiming his starting job? I sure hope so, because Smith has looked anything but impressive this preseason

Can't wait until 1 tomorrow, should be a good one.
its funny, because usually i get real nervous as game time nears, but for some reason this week i am getting more confident as the game approaches. now granted tomorrow like around 12 my blood will be flowing at an extreme rate out of nervousness, but i am feeling confident about this game.

if the vikes had sidney rice, i think this game would be damn near impossible to win, but the vikes dont have any weapons aside from ap who really scare me and i feel we can contain him. will he get a big run or 2? possibly, but he wont be consistent enough imo to do any harm to us.
a

AP'S numbers tomorrow- 25 att - 75 yds. 0 tds

I hope we win, but I hope Shiancoe scores all of their TDs. I'm playing him in fantasy over Vernon Davis.

alrite fellow fin fans, today officially begins the 8 game stretch of our playoff like atmosphere games. 6 of our next 8 as we all know are against 09 playoff teams, and the 2 that r not r more than capable of being playoff teams in pitt and tenn.

this stretch will tell us a ton about our fins and will let us know where we stand. sit back and enjoy the ride because every game should be fun and exciting.

lets do this boys.

go FINS!!!!!

its funny, because usually i get real nervous as game time nears, but for some reason this week i am getting more confident as the game approaches. now granted tomorrow like around 12 my blood will be flowing at an extreme rate out of nervousness, but i am feeling confident about this game.

if the vikes had sidney rice, i think this game would be damn near impossible to win, but the vikes dont have any weapons aside from ap who really scare me and i feel we can contain him. will he get a big run or 2? possibly, but he wont be consistent enough imo to do any harm to us.
a

AP'S numbers tomorrow- 25 att - 75 yds. 0 tds

i think the vikings might play a similar game to the Dolphins tomorrow. trying to run the ball consistantly to keep favre off his keester

i'm confident about this team...i'm just not confident we go into that building in their home opener and come out with a win...and i won't kill this team all next week in the lead up to the jets game if we don't win tomorrow...

the vikings at home in that environment are damn tough...add in that they're 0-1 and you KNOW they are coming for blood tomorrow...

whatever the case lets get it on...we bring a physicality to the party also this year

Back
Top Bottom