Official Dolphins vs. Bills Gameday Thread-Score, Predicitions, Etc. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Dolphins vs. Bills Gameday Thread-Score, Predicitions, Etc.

AirChambers84 said:
Huh ? better offensive production from every other reciever ??? now your making things up.... sure our #2 WR is excelling with Joey.. but where's Wes Welker now ? What happened to Hagan ? Does Joey know what a screen pass is ? Our Pro Bowl WR isnt involoved either... pure nonsense.

The numbers speak for themselves, don't have time to lookup all the stats right now running out the door but prior to the Pats game:

Wes Welker 83 Attempts 598 Yards 70% Completion
Marty Booker 71 Attempts 598 Yards 61% completion
Chris Chambers 122 Attempt 611 Yards 43% completion
Randy McMichael 70 Attempts 467 Yards 66% completion

bluehaze said:
The numbers speak for themselves, don't have time to lookup all the stats right now running out the door but prior to the Pats game:

those numbers have nothing to do with my post bro.... :lol: :confused: There was something created a few weeks ago that showed how everyone was producing less and Booker was producing more with Joey at QB.

As long as Chambers is drawing the best cornerback and double coverage, he has value

Bumrush said:
Chambers is useless, overpaid, overhyped and at the end of his rope here. Hopefully we can take a salary cap hit and bring in true number one next year

On the Booker TD if Harrington throws that EXACT same pass to CC in the endzone and the corner is in the EXACT same position it gets intercepted,

EXACTLY 100% of The TIME.

Chambers is good at circus catches, but if he has to fight a cornerback or safety for position on a route, or to make a catch then forget it, and he NEVER defends the passes that he can't come up with. He is softer than Kleenex...

tcdrover said:
On the Booker TD if Harrington throws that EXACT same pass to CC in the endzone and the corner is in the EXACT same position it gets intercepted,

EXACTLY 100% of The TIME.

Chambers is good at circus catches, but if he has to fight a cornerback or safety for position on a route, or to make a catch then forget it, and he NEVER defends the passes that he can't come up with. He is softer than Kleenex...

Ahem, I hate to do this especially since you used a bolded and very big font to prove your point, but Did you watch the Chicago game??????

Chambers literally ripped the TD out of a defender's arms. It was actually more fighting in that one then the Booker one, where booker got a good boxout going. In the Chicago game the defender was basically in between the ball and Chambers, and Chambers wrestled it away.

jdang307 said:
Ahem, I hate to do this especially since you used a bolded and very big font to prove your point, but Did you watch the Chicago game??????

Chambers literally ripped the TD out of a defender's arms. It was actually more fighting in that one then the Booker one, where booker got a good boxout going. In the Chicago game the defender was basically in between the ball and Chambers, and Chambers wrestled it away.

As much as I love Chris Chambers, the player, can you think of any other instance besides the Chicago game where he legitimately fought hard for the ball???

bluehaze said:

As stated many many many many times, useless statistic. As bluehaze won't acknowledge it, I'll post for others who might be misled by such a statistic. First three passes to Chambers on Sunday against the Pats. First, was when Chambers was butt-naked on the left sideline, Joey overthrows him. Second pass, right sideline with Chambers running back, throw was out of bounds about six inches above the ground. Next throw to Chambers was a throw out of bounds out the back left corner of the endzone, a throwaway to avoid a sack (a good decision since everyone was covered and Chambers double-teamed).

First 3 passes, all uncatchable. But they count towards Chambers' competion percentage that bluehaze loves to use. As I said, not a good statistic to gauge a WR's performance. It is a great stat to measure QB-WR performance however.

Dolphination73 said:
As much as I love Chris Chambers, the player, can you think of any other instance besides the Chicago game where he legitimately fought hard for the ball???

Hey man, there are tough receivers, and there are soft. Chambers isn't the toughest. I admit, but he said 100%. I proved it is at least 99% or lower :wink:

Randy Moss was called soft by TO when Moss was in Minny racking up stats. He outran and outleaped the defender. How many receivers do you know make the sideline and back of the endzone catches Chambers does? It's a tradeoff.

I would love a superfast superleaping supertough supersideline receiver as much as the next guy. But don't bash chambers needlessly. With a decent QB the guy scores TDs. My advice, don't throw the damn ball where he has to fight for it, throw it where nobody can catch it except him. Worked well all these years.

Booker will fight for the ball for the defender, Chambers will make the tough back of the endzone/sideline grab. Can booker make those catches?

jdang307 said:
Hey man, there are tough receivers, and there are soft. Chambers isn't the toughest. I admit, but he said 100%. I proved it is at least 99% or lower :wink:

Randy Moss was called soft by TO when Moss was in Minny racking up stats. He outran and outleaped the defender. How many receivers do you know make the sideline and back of the endzone catches Chambers does? It's a tradeoff.

I would love a superfast superleaping supertough supersideline receiver as much as the next guy. But don't bash chambers needlessly. With a decent QB the guy scores TDs. My advice, don't throw the damn ball where he has to fight for it, throw it where nobody can catch it except him. Worked well all these years.

Booker will fight for the ball for the defender, Chambers will make the tough back of the endzone/sideline grab. Can booker make those catches?

:lol: You have a point, my legal council will have to make a retraction this afternoon. I was exagerating, just a little.

I think Moss is soft as well, though. A lot of those huge stats come from broken plays. Personnally I like last years superbowl MVP the most. I love the fact that he knocked out a defender a few years ago, and that he was voted dirtiest player once. Now THERE is a wideout I'd like on my team.

If Chambers didn't whine to the media I would back him up, but that whining rubs me the wrong way...

:dolphins:

tcdrover said:
:lol: You have a point, my legal council will have to make a retraction this afternoon. I was exagerating, just a little.
Lol, funny thing is I am an attorney, which is why I probably took your comment literally, knowing damn well you weren't trying to be literal.:lol:

I think Moss is soft as well, though. A lot of those huge stats come from broken plays. Personnally I like last years superbowl MVP the most. I love the fact that he knocked out a defender a few years ago, and that he was voted dirtiest player once. Now THERE is a wideout I'd like on my team.
Hines Ward is tough, definitely. Won't argue there. How about a combo of both, and a QB that knows how to use them? That would work for me.

If Chambers didn't whine to the media I would back him up, but that whining rubs me the wrong way...

:dolphins:
I didn't see Chambers whining as to be that bad. It was more of a "I want to help the team" type whining, not Keyshawn give me the damn ball. Or even the saint himself Marvin Harrison pouting cuz he caught one ball and leaving the field early. Chambers comment was as selfless as can be, IMO, saying he wants to help more but it was being held back because the team was winning. That just shows me he is hungry to perform. Of course I have #84 glasses, but that's just me :D

If you look at Sammy Morris's TD he was the first one there to celebrate and did not walk off the field thinking (when am I going to get a TD).

jdang307 said:
I didn't see Chambers whining as to be that bad. It was more of a "I want to help the team" type whining, not Keyshawn give me the damn ball. Or even the saint himself Marvin Harrison pouting cuz he caught one ball and leaving the field early. Chambers comment was as selfless as can be, IMO, saying he wants to help more but it was being held back because the team was winning. That just shows me he is hungry to perform. Of course I have #84 glasses, but that's just me :D

If you look at Sammy Morris's TD he was the first one there to celebrate and did not walk off the field thinking (when am I going to get a TD).

I liked Oronde Gadsen, my shades were probably partial to him back then...

I'll give you this, Chambers celebrates great. He looks good when he celebrates with Booker in the air like they do...

Did you see TO on his score in the Saints game?

He tossed the ball afterwards and sat alone dejected on the bench. He looks like a guy with serious emotional problems. I think there was nothing 'fake' about his suicide attempt...

point is Chambers has been inconsistant all season while booker has continued to get open and catch the ball..why wouldnt the QB look his way before chambers

I suppose that CC being double and triple covered most of the time would have nothing to do with his lack of production....:shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom