Official Dolphins vs. Bills Gameday Thread-Score, Predicitions, Etc. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Dolphins vs. Bills Gameday Thread-Score, Predicitions, Etc.

Chambers is a "decent" enigma. He drops a lot of passes too. I like him but he needs to become a more physical player on the field. He simply doesn't get open enough to be a factor, and Harrington is tired of looking his way....

PHINZ RULE!!!

thecoordinator said:
yeah they saw it but they are all joey harrington apologists

We all saw it, but we also HEARD the play by play where they said it was very windy today and the ball just sailed on him. He was throwing with the wind at his back and he tried to arc it over the DB, but it sailed on him. Gee, that never happens to any other QB.

thecoordinator said:
does joey even look his way?

there is no doubt booker is harrington's favorite target.

and when chambers does get a ball thrown his way it's never accurate.

harrington is a bum. i hope daunte can come back strong or we get someone else worth a damn...

thecoordinator said:
you guys go ahead and argue a case for a backup qb vs a probowl wr...

and no, i'm not a daunte fan...he sucks worse than harrington.
Coordinator, these two statements lead me to conclude that you are a troll or are suffering from short term memory loss.

I agree that Joey doesn't look to go to Chambers enough. It seems like Chambers is the one running the deeper routes while Booker, Welker, and McMichael run the intermediate and short routes. Joey simply doesn't look to go downfield enough. And when he does, the throws are usually inaccurate. This is not just based on today. This is what he has done all year long. Speaking of today, I thought Joey played decent overall. He made a good play on the TD pass to Booker. And he didn't force things and turn the ball over.

BLITZKRIEG said:
Chambers is a "decent" enigma. He drops a lot of passes too. I like him but he needs to become a more physical player on the field. He simply doesn't get open enough to be a factor, and Harrington is tired of looking his way....

PHINZ RULE!!!

He relies too much on his athleticism. He needs to learn to run crisp routes and he needs to learn how to set up a DB. That's why he gets no separation.

thecoordinator said:
yeah they saw it but they are all joey harrington apologists

No, we're just more concerned with winning than with how many balls poor Chris Chambers has thrown to him. Personally, if I'm the QB I don't trust the guy either - he drops too many balls. Welker and Booker would get the majority of the throws until Chambers proved he could hang onto the ball more than he drops it.

Chambers rarely tacks on the yards after a recep

He's not a threat after a recep, first tackler easily brings him down, or he steps out of bounds.

thecoordinator said:
you guys go ahead and argue a case for a backup qb vs a probowl wr...

and no, i'm not a daunte fan...he sucks worse than harrington.

Thats where the problem is. Chambers does not play like a probowl receiver. You look at the great receivers in the league and they make plays no matter what.

Also there have been many inconsitancies with our offense. Which starts with our coordinators and then down to the QB's. And then offensive line . All have not played together or have been in same offense more than a year. Because we are constantly changing lineup. And ever since we put Harrington in have we started to look half way decent. Now will we keep the same continuity if and when Culpepper comes back. I don't know.

I am not sure Joey nor Dante are the answer. But we do need to see the same guys in lineup if we are to keep any kind of continuity. And keep the same coordinator for more than a year. If we are ever going to go anywhere in post season .

jlfin said:
He relies too much on his athleticism. He needs to learn to run crisp routes and he needs to learn how to set up a DB. That's why he gets no separation.

What are our Receivers coaches doing from week to week to help improvement? I mean...WHAT SPECIFIC THINGS????

clbrazee said:
Chambers needs to adjust to the offense as it runs now. We're changing to a Steeler type offense, where the wide receiver is not used that much.

Also, it appears Chambers doesn't like Joey as the QB. He doesn't catch the balls when it's thrown his way, fight for them, or help his QB. However, the other receivers have adjusted to Joey and the shorter passing game. They also help Joey and fight for the ball.

What he said, when joey first got his start in Miami he was treated like a red headed step child, that is now starting to change, his team mates are including him in on the celebrations.

Bumrush said:
Coordinator, these two statements lead me to conclude that you are a troll or are suffering from short term memory loss.

no im just tired of having QBs that you ask to manage the game and not to lose it for you. i guess a decade and a half of marino can spoil someone.

adamprez2003 said:
exactly. I'll tell you I'm not sure that's a TD and not a interception if Chambers is the receiver and not Booker. I could see Chambers giving up on that play and then throwing his hands up in frustration if its picked and playing the malcontent

Kind of like in Chicago right? OH wait.

dplunk said:
I agree that Joey doesn't look to go to Chambers enough. It seems like Chambers is the one running the deeper routes while Booker, Welker, and McMichael run the intermediate and short routes. Joey simply doesn't look to go downfield enough. And when he does, the throws are usually inaccurate. This is not just based on today. This is what he has done all year long. Speaking of today, I thought Joey played decent overall. He made a good play on the TD pass to Booker. And he didn't force things and turn the ball over.
How do you figure Chambers isn't thrown to enough? Going in to today's games only Torry Holt was thrown to more than Chambers. Factor that in with during the 5-1 record Miami has the past 6 games when Harrington throws to someone other than Chambers he has 8 TD passes and 2 INT, but when he throws to Chambers he has 1 TD and 4 INT...who would you throw to?

Just looking at Joey's numbers today when he went to Chambers:
3 comp 8 att 11 yards

Everyone else:
15 comp 22 att 179 yards 1 TD

It is tough when your supposedly #1 has "speration anxiety" and "fear of intimacy". Meaning he doesn't get seperation from defenders and he doesn't shield the defender from the ball (he could really learn from Booker doing this). Factor that in with his drops and I would say he is thrown to way too often.

I'm probably going to get some crap for this statement but. If the Defensive back plays the ball better that's an Easy INT. That's not what happened but props for joey making the pass and props for booker making a nice catch and adjusting.

I'm really happy about the win because we dominated them... It was awsome. But i'm already thinking about the next game and what we need to do to win.

I'm just not satisified with this victory, we need to win out. I don't think we're going to make the playoffs. It's just sad that we couldn't win two or three of those winnable games we lost. We're moving in the right direction.

Can we win with Joey, yes we can. Can we win a superbowl with him. Not untill he becomes consistent and limits his dumb mistakes. Hopefully he learns from today.

I'm not going to blame Chambers for his lack of production. He's going to have his good games. I'm just happy about the win.

But it's like everything else. WHen someone is performing alot of people love him, when he drops off for awhile it's "screw him". Booker was an afterthought in the preseason and had some bad games as well... Now he's the number one to some people.

RenoFinFan said:
How do you figure Chambers isn't thrown to enough? Going in to today's games only Torry Holt was thrown to more than Chambers. Factor that in with during the 5-1 record Miami has the past 6 games when Harrington throws to someone other than Chambers he has 8 TD passes and 2 INT, but when he throws to Chambers he has 1 TD and 4 INT...who would you throw to?

Just looking at Joey's numbers today when he went to Chambers:
3 comp 8 att 11 yards

Everyone else:
15 comp 22 att 179 yards 1 TD

It is tough when your supposedly #1 has "speration anxiety" and "fear of intimacy". Meaning he doesn't get seperation from defenders and he doesn't shield the defender from the ball (he could really learn from Booker doing this). Factor that in with his drops and I would say he is thrown to way too often.

I am not that high on Chambers right now either. And I should probably restate what I said. I think Chambers should see more attempts downfield. I don't think we take enough shots downfield. Nor do we throw enough passes in the intermediate range. That is where I think Chambers needs more passes thrown to him.

Back
Top Bottom