Official Dolphins vs. Bills Gameday Thread-Score, Predicitions, Etc. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Dolphins vs. Bills Gameday Thread-Score, Predicitions, Etc.

we just beat the best team in our division by 21-0. Held them to under 200 yards and put out over 300 offensive yards and you have the nerve to complain?

I just don't get it. So Chamberrs didn't put up big numbers, so what. He had 121 yards last week and we lost so at least you must have been happy last week due to his performance.

Some people just don't get it. A win is the most important stat of them all.

malzj said:
I'm probably going to get some crap for this statement but. If the Defensive back plays the ball better that's an Easy INT.

yeah the DB was lost wasnt he. it's nice to see that happen to someone else!

malzj said:
I'm probably going to get some crap for this statement but. If the Defensive back plays the ball better that's an Easy INT. That's not what happened but props for joey making the pass and props for booker making a nice catch and adjusting.

I'm really happy about the win because we dominated them... It was awsome. But i'm already thinking about the next game and what we need to do to win.

I'm just not satisified with this victory, we need to win out. I don't think we're going to make the playoffs. It's just sad that we couldn't win two or three of those winnable games we lost. We're moving in the right direction.

Can we win with Joey, yes we can. Can we win a superbowl with him. Not untill he becomes consistent and limits his dumb mistakes. Hopefully he learns from today.

I'm not going to blame Chambers for his lack of production. He's going to have his good games. I'm just happy about the win.

But it's like everything else. WHen someone is performing alot of people love him, when he drops off for awhile it's "screw him". Booker was an afterthought in the preseason and had some bad games as well... Now he's the number one to some people.
This perception of Joey is inetersting. IMO most fans haven't seen that Joey "has" limited his dumb mistakes. In the first 3 games he threw only 3 TD passes and 7 INT while trying to get his timing down with his receivers. After the bye week and during the 5-1 record the past 6 weeks he has 9 TD passes and 6 INT. This is more in line with the QB Harrington is.

The one mistake that Joey does keep making is trying to force the ball to Chambers. May have something to do with CC whining...However, if Chambers was making plays we may not be saying that he is trying to force the ball to him at all.

Over the past two years heading in to this year Joey had 31 TD passes and 24 INT in 28 games played. That is an average of .85 INT per game. Of course, the compensation is you don't get a lot of "BIG" plays. But it does indicate that Joey is not the "mistake prone" QB everyone claims him to be.

Dolphins Own said:
Its because when he does throw it to him its either he doesn't catch it or it gets picked off. he got 3 catches against the Pats, but only got around 10 yards out of it. thats not Joeys fault.

This is just ignorant Chambers hating. Typical of many "fans" in here who wouldn't know a completed pass from a draw play.

Harrington is not a great QB b/c he doesn't throw it well down the field. He and Mularkey are much more comfortable checking it down. Not Chambers fault- he's caught and made almost every play asked of him.

Why don't you guys find some new targets next year?

YBell37 said:
This is just ignorant Chambers hating. Typical of many "fans" in here who wouldn't know a completed pass from a draw play.

Harrington is not a great QB b/c he doesn't throw it well down the field. He and Mularkey are much more comfortable checking it down. Not Chambers fault- he's caught and made almost every play asked of him.

Why don't you guys find some new targets next year?

I'm a chambers fan, not a hater. he just wasn't playing great. But I would admit, he had a great block when he was blocking McMichael on one of the screen passes.

EightyTwenty said:
No, we're just more concerned with winning than with how many balls poor Chris Chambers has thrown to him. Personally, if I'm the QB I don't trust the guy either - he drops too many balls. Welker and Booker would get the majority of the throws until Chambers proved he could hang onto the ball more than he drops it.

This is garbage- boring, lazy, mindless and gutless groupthink from last year. Please provide the stats that prove that Chambers drops "too many" passes or even more than his fellow receivers.
Welker drops balls, he dropped a pass at the 2 that would have given us a chance to get back in the Jax game. McMichael drops a lot of balls but nobody in here says anything. Booker- same thing.

You're all obsessed with Chambers' shortcomings. Grow up.

every qb has a favorite receiver that they can count on. and for the last couple games, its been booker. just because chambers is listed as the #1 receiver doesnt mean that harrington should automatically look at him and throw to him as much as possible.

cant you just say that this was great team win and joey did exceptionally well??? even other joey bashers admit he played good game but for some reason you cant.

YBell37 said:
This is garbage- boring, lazy, mindless and gutless groupthink from last year. Please provide the stats that prove that Chambers drops "too many" passes or even more than his fellow receivers.
Welker drops balls, he dropped a pass at the 2 that would have given us a chance to get back in the Jax game. McMichael drops a lot of balls but nobody in here says anything. Booker- same thing.

You're all obsessed with Chambers' shortcomings. Grow up.

:tantrum: <-----Ybell37
:sidelol: <----azfinfanmang

jlfin said:
We all saw it, but we also HEARD the play by play where they said it was very windy today and the ball just sailed on him. He was throwing with the wind at his back and he tried to arc it over the DB, but it sailed on him. Gee, that never happens to any other QB.
horrible excuse...he was wide open but joey just hesitated too long....the wind on the field wasnt even that bad

is it really that much different when watching on tv and seeing it live..this thread is just filled with silly remarks

tucker said:
horrible excuse...he was wide open but joey just hesitated too long....the wind on the field wasnt even that bad

21mph winds, not that bad :confused:

thecoordinator said:
does joey even look his way?

there is no doubt booker is harrington's favorite target.

and when chambers does get a ball thrown his way it's never accurate.

harrington is a bum. i hope daunte can come back strong or we get someone else worth a damn...

Chambers was nonexistant under Culpepper also. It's just he's not earning catches. We tried going to him regularly in the Jags game and that threw our offense in a rut. Sure, he got 100+ yards for the first time, but we lost. When we went back to just spreading that ball around, we put up 21 points. We can't have our own little "Randy Ratio" that screwed up the Vikings. If he wants the balls, he needs to earn em or find a way to get on the same page as the QB.

Yes there are plenty of threads here proving "Chambers is useless" regardless of who we have at QB including Daunte Culpepper. On a side note this team has not seen better offensive production from every other reciever on the team since Marino has left and yet it's still somehow Harrington's fault that Chamber's is not succeeding.

bluehaze said:
Yes there are plenty of threads here proving "Chambers is useless" regardless of who we have at QB including Daunte Culpepper. On a side note this team has not seen better offensive production from every other reciever on the team since Marino has left and yet it's still somehow Harrington's fault that Chamber's is not succeeding.

Huh ? better offensive production from every other reciever ??? now your making things up.... sure our #2 WR is excelling with Joey.. but where's Wes Welker now ? What happened to Hagan ? Does Joey know what a screen pass is ? Our Pro Bowl WR isnt involoved either... pure nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom