Official Dolphins vs. Bills Gameday Thread-Score, Predicitions, Etc. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Dolphins vs. Bills Gameday Thread-Score, Predicitions, Etc.

phinphan11 said:
I suppose that CC being double and triple covered most of the time would have nothing to do with his lack of production....:shakeno:

Hey that didn't stop Steve Smith from racking something like 200 yards against us last year did it?

I'd like to commend 'The Coordinator' for managing to get enough of us stirred up enough to contribute 7 pages (and counting) on the notion that somehow Chambers needs to get the ball more even though

WE'RE WINNING!!

tcdrover said:
Hey that didn't stop Steve Smith from racking something like 200 yards against us last year did it?

Come on dude, they're not even close to being at the same talent level. Smith is "All World". CC is not.

Slappy8800 said:
point is Chambers has been inconsistant all season while booker has continued to get open and catch the ball..why wouldnt the QB look his way before chambers

They have similar stats, how is booker getting it done but not Chambers? How is this:

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133228/gamelogs/2006

more consistent then this:

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235203/gamelogs/2006

They are both inconsistent, which is what our whole offense has been the whole year.

phinphan11 said:
Come on dude, they're not even close to being at the same talent level. Smith is "All World". CC is not.

Thank you.

:dolphins:

tcdrover said:
Thank you.

:dolphins:

You're welcome. Not sure what your point is but every team cannot have a Steve Smith. While CC has not lived up to expectations he still has monster talent (just not top tier).

To me, in this modern era of football, its no longer is he good but is he worth what we're paying him. I think in evaluating Chambers you have to look at his contract and not just his talent. To be truthful, I dont care if we keep or not so long as he doesnt hurt our ability at getting other players. I would like to try to get his replacement though, maybe through the draft.

Dolphins=LIFE said:
Chambers isn't worthless, he's just not getting open or making plays on a consistant level. During that 6 gamer last season, people found out he was a good WR, now he's being treated accordingly, and he's not making ANY plays. I'm not for getting rid of him at all, but he needs to play like a #1 if he wants to get paid like a #1.

The first part of your post here is just completely untrue!!! Chambers IS getting open, he's getting open deep quite regularly in actually, but we either don't throw it to him, or it''s a poorly thrown ball most of the time. what is all the hate on Chambers now??? Everyone is all over the Marty Booker bandwagon now, but where were you guys when Booker had just 89 catches, barely over 1,300 yards and 4 TD's his first two years COMBINED in Miami??? Lemme see, what were Chambers #'s during those 2 years.......? Oh yea, 151 catches for over 2,000 yards, and 18 TD's, and a pro bowl(which he played good in)!!!!

Brown42000 said:
No matter what this team does there will always be someone complaining which is sad especially after a dominating win like this.
WTF R U ALL TALKING ABOUT!!! THIS WIN WAS NOT DOMINATING!!

If this win was dominating we would have had atleast 30 points.. we only had 21 and that was because our defense kept putting us in good positions with their great play and forcing turnovers... Nothing the offense actually did was spectactular enough for me to say they played good.. It was medicocre to me and I doubt I will ever see Harrington play above mediocre.

Flippah said:
WTF R U ALL TALKING ABOUT!!! THIS WIN WAS NOT DOMINATING!!

If this win was dominating we would have had atleast 30 points.. we only had 21 and that was because our defense kept putting us in good positions with their great play and forcing turnovers... Nothing the offense actually did was spectactular enough for me to say they played good.. It was medicocre to me and I doubt I will ever see Harrington play above mediocre.

Come on now we downed the ball at the 5 yard line. Could've easily been 28-0. Harrington played a solid game IMO. No turnovers and a cool YPA. Can't ask for much more.

NDS said:
I'd like to commend 'The Coordinator' for managing to get enough of us stirred up enough to contribute 7 pages (and counting) on the notion that somehow Chambers needs to get the ball more even though

WE'RE WINNING!!

the post is not intended to get people stirred up and the point is not that chambers needs to get the ball more.

simply put, chambers is a vertical receiver and joey is a west coast system qb who cannot take advantage of chambers abilities. in other words, chris is best suited for routes over 10-12 yards (6 through 9 routes) and harrington is best suited throwing the 5 and under routes. translation: chambers is useless with harrington at qb because what he does well harrington does not, and what harrington does well chambers does not. can i make this any more clearer? the reason the other WRs/TEs/RBs are getting balls is because they aren't running 6,7,8 or 9 routes. chambers is.

thecoordinator said:
the post is not intended to get people stirred up and the point is not that chambers needs to get the ball more.

simply put, chambers is a vertical receiver and joey is a west coast system qb who cannot take advantage of chambers abilities. in other words, chris is best suited for routes over 10-12 yards (6 through 9 routes) and harrington is best suited throwing the 5 and under routes. translation: chambers is useless with harrington at qb because what he does well harrington does not, and what harrington does well chambers does not. can i make this any more clearer? the reason the other WRs/TEs/RBs are getting balls is because they aren't running 6,7,8 or 9 routes. chambers is.

then dont blame harrington, blame mularkey for sending him downfield...but as someone said, hesa great decoy

Dolphins=LIFE said:
Chambers isn't worthless, he's just not getting open or making plays on a consistant level. During that 6 gamer last season, people found out he was a good WR, now he's being treated accordingly, and he's not making ANY plays. I'm not for getting rid of him at all, but he needs to play like a #1 if he wants to get paid like a #1.

I disagree, who knows if he is getting open. The biggest cause for lack of production is the change if offensive philosophy. CC is running the deep routes every play and Harrington is releasing the ball quickly. It is rare when JH actually looks for a deep route. Last year Linehan would move CC around to the slot, backfield, etc. This year he is always on the outside running deep routes. THe few games that I attended he was getting open but Joey didnt see him or was looking the other direction.

Back
Top Bottom