***Official Dolphins vs. Jaguars Thread*** | Page 85 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Dolphins vs. Jaguars Thread***

ForensicPhin said:
Most of the guys that are playing right now aren't going to see the field the entire year. This dance is done everywhere in the NFL after the first preseason game and it means nothing.

It still leaves a bad taste in the mouth though. You never want to get embarrassed like this, preseason or not. Saban better hammer the team on Monday!

so with the game almost over, lets see

our 1st string team looked solid, our DB backups looked lousy

Evans had a great performance against the jags 2nd stringers

the most important part though

NO INJURIES !!!! peelle was shaken up once but they said he is fine

well i dunno why the jags tried another pass, but we get the ball one more time

Jax still throwing it.....Del Rio placed a big bet with his bookie this afternoon.

Summary of this game . . Our first team looked great . . especially the D. Guys who stuck out for me . . . Russell, Cleo, Vick, Evans as guys who are looking to make an impact and make this roster. CPep looked a bit hurried but good to see him come out this game ok. Joey looked better than advertised, had a TD . . numbers would have been better if not for a few bad routes run and a some dropped passes. Ronnie is gonna be a beast behind this run blocking Oline.

Our depth looks real shaky. I think this is more due to the lack of knowledge of the playbook . . but we looked badddddd. Yes its preseason and most of these guys will not make the team ... but this was not a good showing for the depth of the team . . mainly on D. Something that will definetly be coached up on this week in practice. Didn't help having Gerard in the game until damn near the end of the 4th quarter, but regardless they looked bad.

Overall I liked what I saw from our starters and we will be a team to wreckon with.

DcRy82 said:
look at what the first teams did and then forget about the rest. we have a complex defense that these young guys are tryin to learn. its the first pre season game. chill out, you guys who are freakin out about this are rediculous.

You knew it was coming....right? :lol:

LAphinfan said:
Yes. Will Allen (1).

Not with the starting D-line out there. I guarantee Miami is going to bring in big pressure this year. He had a day and a half out there to throw that pass, I thought Allen actually played pretty good today =/

miamiron said:
Remember quite a few of those secondary players will be
working at winn dixie in a few weeks

I'm aware of that. But that doesn't take away from the fact that they are embarrassing themselves

Sometimes I don't know if I come here to talk football or for entertainment, meaning to LAUGH at all of the folks who jump to conclusions. I'm only listening to the game but it sounds like the staff is throwing all kinds of blitzes at the Jags with the 3rd and 4th string defensive players and basically hanging the young secondary out to dry. Anyone who's putting any stock in this is overreacting. Our starters were up 10-0, that's good, but even that doesn't mean much. I've seen the teams that struggle to win 3 games go unbeaten in preseason and I've seen teams like the Bills of the early 90's look pitiful in Preaseason then with the AFC East and play in the SB too many times to even worry one bit about preaseason.

PatsSuck456 said:
Well said.
Yeah ... it also appears (from the clips on NFL Network) that a couple of the long TD passes were results of blown coverages. So, the DB's weren't communicating correctly or running the defense correctly.

Back
Top Bottom