Official Finheaven 2020 Draft Thread - Day 2 | Page 47 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Finheaven 2020 Draft Thread - Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my opinion and concern currently with this staff is that history repeats itself.

First from last year's sample bit appears Flores can coach up players. That's a positive.

BUT Clowney wouldn't sign and Mica and Drake all wanted our like this team had a social disease.
That's a direct reflection on Flores and Grier and given their back ground that shouldn't be. That's been a red flag for me for awhile.

Drafts. This draft like many others have the same results. We shoot holes in the roster then attempt to correct that mistake in the draft. The draft is not about correcting mistakes it's about aquiring superior talent regardless of position.

Yes I expect all of these players picked yesterday and today to make our roster but we have a very weak roster so all that does is make these picks look better.

It's scary when I can almost predict our picks by position in a draft based strictly on need in most rounds. You aquire superior talent in the draft and use fa and lower round picks to fill in the holes in the team we have doing the opposite.

IMHO, we did terribly bad in the 2nd round. :( Neither of the guys we drafted were good prospects, and lots of good prospects were available. We grabbed round 4 or 5 prospects in round 2. We might have made the two worst picks in the 2nd round. Not bad on day 1, but really bad so far on day 2. Gosh I hope I'm wrong about these guys ... but an OG who can't pass protect and a DT who can't pass rush. It's like they're drafting for a 1950's team.

I have been a little underwhelmed today. I'm a value guy. I base how much i like/don't like a pick based on fit/need, position value and draft value.

I really do like Hunt, i just think he's a guard and feel 39 was high for him....he should have been a late 2. He had a significant injury this year and missed games, couldn't work out at the Senior Bowl or Combine. Usually that causes guys to drop, especially small school guys that aren't able to prove themselves vs bigger school players. Because of that, i expected him to be there at 56, maybe 70. I do love how nasty he is. Him and Flowers might give one of the nastiest sets of guards in the league. I just don't value guards as much as other positions and many were on the board....Bartch, Lewis, Lemieux, Jackson, Phillips, Bredeson, etc. If a run starts, we have the ammo to move around to get a guy we really like. Again, i like Hunt but the slot is questionable for me, as well as the announcement of him being a tackle.

Davis is confusing. Do we need DT help? Absolutely. Is his best asset stuffing the run? Yes. Does he offer a lot in the pass rush? No. Is he a NT? No. He's regressed the last 2 years considerably at a school that produces DTs. While long armed and strong, he's not twitchy and a bit heavy footed. To me he was no more than a 3 because this is a passing league. He's a space eater. There were several playmakers in Round 2 that would have been valuable assets to begin building around what Tua. Elliott, Hamilton, Gallimore, Lawrence, Fotu still on the board at DT.

In most of my mocks i had us taking 4-5 linemen......3 in the first 3 rounds. I like to build teams with QB/OL/DL....but i put more value in OT/C and Pass Rush than i do guards or run stuffers. Just a personal preference.....i'm not the coaches. I loved that SF front 7 this year. Also, when you draft Tua, you are making a decision to play a certain type of football. I would set that guy up for success just as KC did with Mahomes. Give him a line but also the weapons to succeed. There was so much talent that passed us by at WR and RB, and value at OL/S. Shenault and Taylor are 2 that immediately come to mind in R2. Shenault is a 1st round talent who fell for an injury and slower 40....but he's a playmaker. He's the type of WR Tua loves with all the yards after catch.

We had more ammo than anyone and didn't influence anything. The Pats moved down, then moved up to snatch Uche. The Ravens traded up to grab Malik Harrison. I felt we drafted for need, taking guys early and didn't use our ammo to move around for the best value/talent we could.

I like to try and stay positive, but what the ****? So many good players left in day 2. I have faith, but it has been shaken.

Looking at the list of players taken after we threw away our third round pick felt like being repeatedly kicked in the dick and balls.

Last edited:
Only guy they picked not in your top 110 is Raekwon davis.. OOOHHHH SNAP

Neither Davis or Hunt were in my top 110. However, you can’t be too mad at picking offensive lineman to stick in front of Tua.

Brandon Jones was the best pick of Day 2 for Miami. He’s one of the top 5 tacklers on defense I studied regardless of position. Takes the best angles of any safety in this draft. He’ll stick and probably start for Miami. Top Senior safety on my board all season. I wanted to rank him higher and believe he would’ve gone higher had he been able to workout at the combine.

Raekwon Davis is the pick I question most. I get the fit for Miami’s defense, but this kid has done absolutely nothing for 3 out of the 4 years he was at Alabama. He had one good season as a sophomore and never improved after that. He didn’t level off - he regressed.

The only time I’ve noticed him the past two years was when he was punching that Missouri player his Junior year.

Davis is the type of guy you want to be first off the bus. Then after the game is over you don’t really want to let him back on the bus. Typical Chris Grier look like Tarzan play like Jane draft pick on the defensive line.

You’ll look up one day 5 or 6 years from now and he’ll have 3.5 career sacks and you’ll wonder how the hell this guy is still in the league. Kinda like a Charles Harris so to speak.

I’ll give you an example of the type of sh^t I’ve had to put up with from Davis. He’s essentially 6’7”, 310 pounds. I want you to watch this little clip of a 5’8”, 200 pound RB by the name of Tray’veon Williams putting Davis flat on his butt. Just came up to him and decleated him.

That’s about all I have to say about Raekwon Davis. Good luck with that one Coach Flores.

Rough day 2 for me. Lots of talent being scooped up by the competition around where it should be while Miami is drafting guys a round or so early. It's basically the opposite of value but if the players turn out to be decent ... whatever.

I like how people are deferring to Grier and being critical of negative opinions. Grier has been a major part of a losing organization for 20 years and this is a message board. You guys really need to take a good, hard look at how assuming those in charge know what they're doing and how that's gone for you in the past. Original opinions are where it's at ... right or wrong. Go grab some pom poms and put a skirt on otherwise.

I don’t believe these picks are made by Grier in a vacuum, I think Flores has alot of input, so if you hate the draft I’m not sure you pin it all on Grier, especially without having all the facts...

No I get that...and they should know much more info than we do...even though fans have more info available to them than ever before...including access to other experts opinions.

I just felt like watching it that they just missed on great targets and had to settle. Not moving around enough to get what we should have had.

Hello guys, here my thoughts about day 2 :
We didn’t draft a « playmaker » but I feel like most of them was smart and good choices.

Robert Hunt : from what i learned the guy is versatile, he can play guard and tackle, he’s the type of guy who’s gonna bring a good agressive mindset to the Oline.
He was ranked almost everywhere as a top G, and this is a great thing because we needed more protection and we kept building it.
(I won’t lie, I was a bit disappointed that we didn’t get Delpit, Winfield or a top RB with this pick but i
understand the choice.)

Raekwon Davis : He is my only interrogation from yesterday, his stats kept going down during his tenure with Bama...
He started impressively in 2017 with 11.5 sacks but then it kept going low.
And I saw a lot of reports that talked about him
being immature but I’ll wait before I judge, I just hope that this is not true.
At the same time, I feel like it could be a steal the guy is 6’7 300lbs and can play DT and DE (if I’m correct) and he is good against the run (something that is important !)
Imo he’s a « boom or bust » let’s hope that he’s gonna play like his 2017 season every year !

Brandon jones : A versatile safety who contributed really well with the special teams when he played at UT, he looks explosive and athletic on tape that’s good.
Apparently he’s a good and powerful tackler but his weakness to me is that he didn’t play to a specific spot and he might a process, I’m just a bit disappointed by that I would prefer a S who can be impactful directly.
Let’s hope that he will develop as a really solid player in the future.

Reading about Brandon Jones has actually gotten me more excited for him. His preparation for the COMBINE was more impressive than some prep by pros for games. He scouted 4 games of each NFL teams defense and brought a binder of all the info to show the teams when he met with them. That's Ed Reed esque studying, that's a kid I want in Miami. I love this kid now.

You can't tell me that's not impressive. He's gonna be a starter day 1.

Robert Hunt? Kinda rich for an OG but like @Pachyderm_Wave said, ya can't be mad at picking OL to protect Tua. He's a huge man and looks impressive on film, but the quality of opponents was limited. If he plays on Sundays how he did on Saturdays then Miami has a real damn good guard, already better than Dieter if I'm being honest.

Raekwon Davis was a head scratcher. He's a freak specimen. 6'7 310. Had a phenomenal sophomore season but really fell off and never improved under Saban which is why he's questionable to me. Brian Flores was happy as hell picking him and I'm sure will give it his all to coach him up. If they can get the Sophmore outta him Miami has a steal. Can't deny his talent.

I'm not gonna act like I know Miami's board, I'm not gonna wish they drafted the big named "high end" talent Bleacher Report told me to like. I'm gonna wait and see how Flores develops these young men into good football players. He's a talent developer, he had no names playing good football. I'm willing to give him benefit of the doubt.

Rough day 2 for me. Lots of talent being scooped up by the competition around where it should be while Miami is drafting guys a round or so early. It's basically the opposite of value but if the players turn out to be decent ... whatever.

I like how people are deferring to Grier and being critical of negative opinions. Grier has been a major part of a losing organization for 20 years and this is a message board. You guys really need to take a good, hard look at how assuming those in charge know what they're doing and how that's gone for you in the past. Original opinions are where it's at ... right or wrong. Go grab some pom poms and put a skirt on otherwise.

the way some people post, you’d think the team was the best run org in the nfl and has never made a mistake. It’s hilarious how every single move is defended and any critical thought is shouted down. You’d think being wrong for so long would get old

outdated way of thinking and thats not the NFL anymore , hasnt been for some time. you absolutely need playmakers, we have how many on offense? RB had to be one of the choices in the 2nd. should have used one of the 400 picks we have left to get one of the explosive 3down RBs.

Dude, read my post please. No one said we don’t need playmakers. We’re building our base first, it’s that simple, Football 101. You‘re playmakers can’t make plays if the interiors collapse.

Who actually care what
CBS hated the pick. Called it Strange. D+ from them

who cares about CBS, you know how many of these pundits don’t know
Heh!

Great comedy thread!

I am convinced after last night there are a few here who are just trolling.

the way some people post, you’d think the team was the best run org in the nfl and has never made a mistake. It’s hilarious how every single move is defended and any critical thought is shouted down. You’d think being wrong for so long would get old

No, you people just need to get over it, Grier was kept on and he’s making the decisions. You posting on a forum is not gonna get him canned. If two years down the road these picks turn out crap then I’m with you. But stop living in the past bitching about Grier, this is a new era. Do you keep living in the past bitching about everything in your normal everyday life? If you do I genuinely feel bad for you, it’s no way to live

No, you people just need to get over it, Grier was kept on and he’s making the decisions. You posting on a forum is not gonna get him canned. If two years down the road these picks turn out crap then I’m with you. But stop living in the past bitching about Grier, this is a new era. Do you keep living in the past bitching about everything in your normal everyday life? If you do I genuinely feel bad for you, it’s no way to live

it’s a message board and people form opinions. Get over yourself. If you want to go the blind faith route, have at it and enjoy. Don’t jump on people who have the ability to think for themselves. If you want an echo chamber where everything is roses and peaches I’m sure you can find one

There goes Winfield. Pitiful.
Dude, stop eating paint chips.

Are you 12 years old???? ”Excitement”???? Right now our GM and coach are building this team from the inside out. They have a plan and know what we need to compete. They’re not worried about your amusement on draft day. Get a clue dude, this isn’t Madden’s fo

Yeah, we have RB's that can't get out of their own way, possesion WR'S. Your preaching some old school BS while studs fly off the board around us. We draft guys we could get later, we don't trade up, never aggressive, Grier is as vanilla as it gets. If I hear another person talk about the Parcells Way. Antiquated thinking. Her did a great job getting picks just to blow it out his ass.
Cannot believe we have fans complaining that we have too many draft picks. :rolleyes:

We are complaining because we should have used the, to move up, so much talent in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and we didn’t use capital to move around. The talent is gone. Not much left. Not one freaking decent RB, The S we got was a major reach. I mean some great value for OL but wasted too many pi
Look I'm gonna be honest with you, THIS RB CLASS IS TRASH! there is a reason there weren't any 1st round Running backs Hell dobbins was a 3rd rounder..
Also here I found your RB

We payed him 13 million dollars and he is 25 already has 2 thousand yard seasons! Running Back is no even number 6 on our positions needing to be addressed.

You seriously think that Clydsdale Howard is as good as Swift or Taylor? Is this a debate? He is on his third team and is serviceable at best. If I would have known this I wish we would have taken a shot at trading for Hunt who is more explosive and has much more upside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom