Official Finheaven 2020 Draft Thread - Day 2 | Page 48 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Finheaven 2020 Draft Thread - Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
it’s a message board and people form opinions. Get over yourself. If you want to go the blind faith route, have at it and enjoy. Don’t jump on people who have the ability to think for themselves. If you want an echo chamber where everything is roses and peaches I’m sure you can find one

Ha, all you’re doing is stating the same drivel over and over again. You’re offering nothing else. You are correct, it’s a message forum, not a hate forum where you beat us over the head with your negativity. I get your hate for Grier, but haven’t we already crossed that bridge over the past year??? Too funny

Ha, all you’re doing is stating the same drivel over and over again. You’re offering nothing else. You are correct, it’s a message forum, not a hate forum where you beat us over the head with your negativity. I get your hate for Grier, but haven’t we already crossed that bridge over the past year??? Too funny

you’ve misspelled “I’ve been wrong about this team every single year and will never learn”

No I get that...and they should know much more info than we do...even though fans have more info available to them than ever before...including access to other experts opinions.

I just felt like watching it that they just missed on great targets and had to settle. Not moving around enough to get what we should have had.

I would say that is what was most disappointing aspect to me, and like others have said, that leaves you today with an outcome of probably taking many who won’t make the roster.

Maybe they move some for picks next year but I honestly expected them to move up yesterday at some point.

I would say that is what was most disappointing aspect to me, snd like others have said, that leaves you today with an outcome of probably taking many who won’t make the roster.

Maybe they move some for picks next year but I honestly expected them to move up yesterday at some point.

Yea there were some really good first round talents in day 2. We had enough ammo to easily and painlessly move our 2nd pick in the second round to the top of the round, or to turn our 3rd rounder into a 2nd round pick

Instead we did nothing and took whatever was left after other teams had their pick. We could have got a really dynamic RB or S

Neither Davis or Hunt were in my top 110. However, you can’t be too mad at picking offensive lineman to stick in front of Tua.

Brandon Jones was the best pick of Day 2 for Miami. He’s one of the top 5 tacklers on defense I studied regardless of position. Takes the best angles of any safety in this draft. He’ll stick and probably start for Miami. Top Senior safety on my board all season. I wanted to rank him higher and believe he would’ve gone higher had he been able to workout at the combine.

Raekwon Davis is the pick I question most. I get the fit for Miami’s defense, but this kid has done absolutely nothing for 3 out of the 4 years he was at Alabama. He had one good season as a sophomore and never improved after that. He didn’t level off - he regressed.

The only time I’ve noticed him the past two years was when he was punching that Missouri player his Junior year.

Davis is the type of guy you want to be first off the bus. Then after the game is over you don’t really want to let him back on the bus. Typical Chris Grier look like Tarzan play like Jane draft pick on the defensive line.

You’ll look up one day 5 or 6 years from now and he’ll have 3.5 career sacks and you’ll wonder how the hell this guy is still in the league. Kinda like a Charles Harris so to speak.

I’ll give you an example of the type of sh^t I’ve had to put up with from Davis. He’s essentially 6’7”, 310 pounds. I want you to watch this little clip of a 5’8”, 200 pound RB by the name of Tray’veon Williams putting Davis flat on his butt. Just came up to him and decleated him.

That’s about all I have to say about Raekwon Davis. Good luck with that one Coach Flores.

I see it as an unimpressive and uninspiring performance by Grier and company.

We probably won the draft because if Tua but beyond that all blah.

The Bama DT - basically a space eater Rd2 with 3 TFL as a Senior was disappointing at best.

The Texas Safety has been injured and he’s small. He’s smaller than Winfield. He’s not long for the game. Maybe top 5 Safety?

I like Hunt but he looks to be a RG. Not sure I see the value there either.

Not one move for a dropping stud: say 15-16 area before Dallas for Lamb?
Etc etc

I think my biggest hope for tonight is that the fans actually go and watch tape, not highlights! Of the players selected I feel like so many people just finally come into the discussion after months of evaluation by a number of people on this board see that ESPN or NFL or WalterFootball are some arbitrary draft “expert” Has a corner ranked at 68 that we took 30th oh my gosh he has to be an absolute bust of a player.

If you go and watch the film the cornerback Miami took as a first round talent and they got them at 30 which is a place of value, and Austin Jackson may be a slight reach but that’s a premium position and you couldn’t risk not getting him waiting until 26 and being stuck with leftovers. And you can’t assume he would be there because draft boards to change all the time as guys rise and fall.
This is a very good point and the reason I won’t criticise what we have done, only question and seek opinion. I know some of these analysts were former scouts but scouts get grades wrong too.

They announced hunt is playing tackle?

seriously?
Not to discount your less than enthusiastic response to that announcement, but he’s young enough so why can’t he learn the position?

This guy gets it

Better to have the guy you want then to have a load of extra picks to use on future practice squad players

Dude, read my post please. No one said we don’t need playmakers. We’re building our base first, it’s that simple, Football 101. You‘re playmakers can’t make plays if the interiors collapse.

Who actually care what

who cares about CBS, you know how many of these pundits don’t know

I am convinced after last night there are a few here who are just trolling.

Yeah... it's a message board. We have all of the trolls and half the thinking that goes on anywhere else.

A guy projected my most "experts" to be picked in the 2nd round, was picked in the 2nd round and it's a reach? Makes sense.

Most experts didn't have him as a 2nd rd pick and the experts that did have him rated that high are not worth their salt anyway. If u draft a DT that offers no pass rush value in the 2nd round of the draft than its' a reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom