Official Free Agency and Rumors Thread | Page 154 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Free Agency and Rumors Thread

Do you look for a DT like Danny Shelton or Malcom Brown to run with Suh? Add to a position of strength?

I have also been on record having no issue drafting the incredibly underrated Eric Kendricks.

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

Still going to be shocked if Gurley is there at 14.
Noting that we've been exploring trading down, I'd love to trade down and draft carl davis from iowa, he doesn't seem like a 3 technique fit but suh has shown he is versatile by playing 1 and 3 tech in detroit and pairing davis' massive upside with suh would be nothing short of awesome in my mind. alot of people were dismissing the idea of trading down with dallas, but, we could drop that far and still pick up the dt with the most upside imo in the draft in davis and still have ammo to trade back up to pick up kendricks if he falls to the bottom of the first. I'd call davis and kendricks a draft day win for us.

What about tossing one of the best DT's next to Suh and wreck havoc with the weak interior lines within the division? Match Kevin Johnson or Trae Waynes with Grimes?

Just tossing ideas around on a Sunday morning.

I think you consider a DT depending on whose available.

Waynes I love, and if you can get through watching Wake Forrest, it's hard not to love KJ.

Again it's all dependent on whose available. While we do have needs it's not like last year where we basically had to leave the draft with a starter on the OL. Yeah I don't think James was as much of a reach as many initially said, but it was also pretty obvious we needed OL early. I think now we're in a good enough position where we aren't stuck what we need to do

Drafting a legit CB frees a ton of money next season in that you can release Miko.

ESPN Boston's Mike Reiss believes USC WR Nelson Agholor "could be enticing" to the Patriots if he lasts until the No. 32 overall pick.
Agholor is a dynamic playmaker on offense and special teams. Bill Belichick loves versatile players who can save roster spots. Agholor is more likely to be selected in the 20s, but Reiss suggests Agholor could fall further than expected "because of the glut of top-flight pass catchers" in this year's draft.
Related: Patriots
Source: ESPN Boston Apr 26 - 11:37 AM

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

"Several Giants sources" insist the team will give "strong consideration" to drafting a wide receiver if the right one falls to No. 9 overall.
The "right ones" would presumably be Alabama's Amari Cooper and West Virginia's Kevin White. An offensive lineman at No. 9 still seems most likely, whether it be Iowa's Brandon Scherff, Stanford's Andrus Peat, or Miami's Ereck Flowers. Still, the fact that GM Jerry Reese isn't a "needs drafter" leaves open the possibility of the Giants addressing any position in the first round.
Related: Giants
Source: New York Daily News Apr 26 - 12:04 PM

"Multiple sources" tell the Miami Herald that the Dolphins "covet" Georgia RB Todd Gurley, and "would love" for Gurley to fall to them at No. 14.

No. 14 would be considered a "fall" for Gurley, who is now seen as a probable top-ten pick. Many NFL evaluators view Gurley as one of the best all-around players in an otherwise weak 2015 draft class. The Herald spoke to Miami Heat team physician Harlan Selesnick, who said the risk of an ACL re-tear is just two percent for pro athletes. "The success rate in terms of stability is really quite good," Selesnick stated. "You don’t see a lot of guys having a repeat ACL surgery. You can usually feel comfortable taking one of those players."

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/...-Gurley?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Well its out there either for real or to play poker...

"Multiple sources" tell the Miami Herald that the Dolphins "covet" Georgia RB Todd Gurley, and "would love" for Gurley to fall to them at No. 14.

No. 14 would be considered a "fall" for Gurley, who is now seen as a probable top-ten pick. Many NFL evaluators view Gurley as one of the best all-around players in an otherwise weak 2015 draft class. The Herald spoke to Miami Heat team physician Harlan Selesnick, who said the risk of an ACL re-tear is just two percent for pro athletes. "The success rate in terms of stability is really quite good," Selesnick stated. "You don’t see a lot of guys having a repeat ACL surgery. You can usually feel comfortable taking one of those players."

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/...-Gurley?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Well its out there either for real or to play poker...

never seen anything like this, its like the raiders saying they covet cooper.

I feel like this is definitely poker by the Dolphins, to try to get a team to jump in front of them for Gurley, so that the odds are increased that a coveted player will fall to them, such as Scherff or Parker.

I feel like this is definitely poker by the Dolphins, to try to get a team to jump in front of them for Gurley, so that the odds are increased that a coveted player will fall to them, such as Scherff or Parker.

Scherff wont fall or get past #10 he will probably be a Jet.

Parker could be interesting.

but if we remember a few years ago that the Jets weren't really keeping it a secret when they wanted Sanchez and they got him.

I like Mitchell, but I am not sure where all the love for Francis or Johnson is coming from? I would still sign a veteran DT to come in for rotational purposes.

Part of the love is coming from the idea of salary impact on our cap. Suh's deal, Pouncey's deal, soon to be RT's deal, plus other larger deals we have IMO is forcing our organization to play our youngsters because not only to see what they have but because we can't pay everyone. Johnson and Francis both have good upside. It's time to swim or sink.

I like Mitchell, but I am not sure where all the love for Francis or Johnson is coming from? I would still sign a veteran DT to come in for rotational purposes.

Mostly wishful thinking, AJ was looking good in camp pre injury, which means very little, but gives some hope.

Johnson on the other hand was a top 5 recruit in the nation, who didn't take football serious in college, was on that same list of guys who didn't work hard, with La'el Collins. Collins turned it around and there's hope Johnson can too.

AJ i don't have much confidence in, but Johnson is a different story, if the work ethic is there, Probably the most talented UDFA of last years class. I'm really hoping Suh can have a positive effect on him.

I say sign a veteran DT and have the two young kids compete against the veteran. See if they can win out.

I don't know what AJ Francis' future holds, but I find it funny that when he left and signed with the Patriots everybody was in an up roar and saying we let a good player get away to New England. However, now that he's a Dolphin again everybody people say he's not that good and Miami needs to get someone to replace him.

I don't know what AJ Francis' future holds, but I find it funny that when he left and signed with the Patriots everybody was in an up roar and saying we let a good player get away to New England. However, now that he's a Dolphin again everybody people say he's not that good and Miami needs to get someone to replace him.

Well, that makes sense considering NE let him go and was pretty deserpte for a DT.

I'm beginning to think that CB Kevin Johnson may be a very sensible pick. We have picked up CB depth in Free Agency and have Jamar Taylor and Will Davis returning from injury but I have zero confidence that any of them are quality starter material next to Grimes. We also need a mike LB and an OG.

Back
Top Bottom