Official Free Agency and Rumors Thread | Page 155 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Free Agency and Rumors Thread

Johnson can come in start right away and Grimes could be jettisoned next offseason as result.

I'm beginning to think that CB Kevin Johnson may be a very sensible pick. We have picked up CB depth in Free Agency and have Jamar Taylor and Will Davis returning from injury but I have zero confidence that any of them are quality starter material next to Grimes. We also need a mike LB and an OG.

He, IMO, is actually lining up to be one of the favorites for us at 14. If I had to make a 3 man list of the most "likely" guys Miami would take at 14, not factoring in trade down, I'd say at this point he's one of the 3 guys on that list.

Just think all of the main characters we are discussing could be gone and he's a really good player that fills a need at a skill position.

I would cheer the Johnson pick. Best CB in the draft. Fits well.

I just can't see the Giants drafting a wr unless they have serious doubt Victor Cruz can return to form. but who knows.

I just can't see the Giants drafting a wr unless they have serious doubt Victor Cruz can return to form. but who knows.

I think it'd have to be Cooper for them to really contemplate it . . . but I agree . . . OBJ/Randle/Cruz is a darn solid trio. They need help on both lines. Would be surprising but Jerry Reese has always been about BPA.

Last edited by a moderator:
He, IMO, is actually lining up to be one of the favorites for us at 14. If I had to make a 3 man list of the most "likely" guys Miami would take at 14, not factoring in trade down, I'd say at this point he's one of the 3 guys on that list.

Just think all of the main characters we are discussing could be gone and he's a really good player that fills a need at a skill position.

I couldn't agree more. I really think that most signs point to Miami taking a corner in the first round, unless one of the top 3 receivers falls to them, and a middle linebacker in the second round. I think I would even favor Johnson over Waynes at the 14th pick if both were available.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 2m2 minutes ago
Redskins GM Scot McCloughan says the team is exercising the 2016 option on QB Robert Griffin III.

Redskins GM Scot McCloughan says the team is exercising the 2016 option on QB Robert Griffin III.

mistake...takes them out of the qb derby at #5 if they ever were in it...which they weren't...dumb to drop $16 mil in rg3s lap off his last few years

mistake...takes them out of the qb derby at #5 if they ever were in it...which they weren't...dumb to drop $16 mil in rg3s lap off his last few years

The **** are the Skins thinking. RGIII is terrible.

Toss in his messed up knee.

I mean this tells you 2 things.

1. There just aren't a lot of great quarterbacks out there, so if you have one in your stable that you feel "can be good", it's hard to lose the grip on that QB because then you have nothing. Whether I agree or disagree on what RG3 can be . . . I understand this move.

2. What is Miami waiting for? Are they trying to work out a long term deal with Tannehill first? Why so nonchalant in regards to exercising Tannehill's 5th year option? I've never been his biggest fan but even I realize how important it is to exercise that option and eventually work out something longterm, as I'm guessing that is the intention.

I mean this tells you 2 things.

1. There just aren't a lot of great quarterbacks out there, so if you have one in your stable that you feel "can be good", it's hard to lose the grip on that QB because then you have nothing. Whether I agree or disagree on what RG3 can be . . . I understand this move.

2. What is Miami waiting for? Are they trying to work out a long term deal with Tannehill first? Why so nonchalant in regards to exercising Tannehill's 5th year option? I've never been his biggest fan but even I realize how important it is to exercise that option and eventually work out something longterm, as I'm guessing that is the intention.

Why work the option at $16 guaranteed when you can get a long-term deal done and work at $16 guaranteed into it.

If not, you start from scratch.

Back
Top Bottom