Official Free Agency and Rumors Thread | Page 157 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Free Agency and Rumors Thread

what the hell? Don't they use a breathalyzer in Florida? Or a blood test?

Top NFL draft prospect P.J. Williams -- a projected 1st round pick -- is officially OFF THE HOOK in his DUI case ... and it's all because the police dash cam MISSED a significant portion of the arrest.
As we previously reported, the ex-Florida State University cornerback was busted on April 3rd -- after cops say he appeared to be hammered while driving his friends out of a McDonald's parking lot in Tallahassee at 3 AM.
The 21-year-old admitted he had been drinking several hours earlier in the evening -- but insisted he was NOT drunk when he got behind the wheel.
He did NOT submit to a breathalyzer or a blood test ... so cops were relying heavily on the dash cam video to prove he was in no shape to drive.
But according to the Leon County District Attorney's Office ... "significant portions of the DUI investigation were not captured on video because of the positioning of the police car."
We're told the most important part of the arrest -- the field sobriety test -- was a casualty of the dash cam mishap.
Ultimately, prosecutors decided the case against Williams was weak without the footage -- so the case was tossed.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/04/27/p-j-williams-nfl-prospect-off-the-hook-in-dui-case/#ixzz3YXOJnj7J

Top NFL draft prospect P.J. Williams -- a projected 1st round pick -- is officially OFF THE HOOK in his DUI case ... and it's all because the police dash cam MISSED a significant portion of the arrest.
As we previously reported, the ex-Florida State University cornerback was busted on April 3rd -- after cops say he appeared to be hammered while driving his friends out of a McDonald's parking lot in Tallahassee at 3 AM.
The 21-year-old admitted he had been drinking several hours earlier in the evening -- but insisted he was NOT drunk when he got behind the wheel.
He did NOT submit to a breathalyzer or a blood test ... so cops were relying heavily on the dash cam video to prove he was in no shape to drive.
But according to the Leon County District Attorney's Office ... "significant portions of the DUI investigation were not captured on video because of the positioning of the police car."
We're told the most important part of the arrest -- the field sobriety test -- was a casualty of the dash cam mishap.
Ultimately, prosecutors decided the case against Williams was weak without the footage -- so the case was tossed.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/04/27/p-j-williams-nfl-prospect-off-the-hook-in-dui-case/#ixzz3YXOJnj7J

would be a nice steal round 2

Been saying that stuff about Tre Jackson for weeks and some around here still think he's a fit for us. Josue Matias is another kid, not even listed, that shouldn't even be on our board.

im not a Tre Jackson fan myself, wasnt even best player on his line... I like Irving and Matias better.... but even to go on Matias, where is his name at all now... what has happened to him completely???

FOX Sports' Peter Schrager expects Stanford OT Andrus Peat to be a top-15 pick.
TFY Draft Insider Tony Pauline has already said Peat will be a top-10 pick, and "won't get past the Rams (at No. 10)." Peat and Iowa's Brandon Scherff are generally considered this year's best tackle prospects.
SOURCE: PETER SCHRAGER ON TWITTER

Trailerhasse police department. They protect the FSU football team like the mafia protect their own.

In ny if you don't comply to a breathalyzer it's basically an automatic admission of guilt. You can fight it but you have to go to trial and all that.

Darby was with him for this, Darby was also with Winston during his alleged rape. If I was a team I'd take all 3 off my board.

LMAO.

Wow.... nice Tally Police on this one.

LMAO.

Wow.... nice Tally Police on this one.

You know if I was stopped driving home from the draft party Thursday night for instance, chances are probably slim that there would be a dash cam mishap...just saying.

im not a Tre Jackson fan myself, wasnt even best player on his line... I like Irving and Matias better.... but even to go on Matias, where is his name at all now... what has happened to him completely???

Matias didn't participate in the Senior Bowl (competitive nature comes into question with that move), didn't perform well at the combine...actually looked very sluggish and heavy footed. Couldn't improve at his Pro Day...again looked slow and heavy footed. He's not particular strong at the POA so most figured he could get by with his athleticism...only he doesn't have any. So he doesn't have the strength to play in a power scheme and doesn't have the athleticism to play in a ZBS so where does that leave him? Plus there are a lot of issues in his fundamentals...waist bender, doesn't play with leverage, gets beat with quickness inside and obviously doesn't have the quickness to recover.

I don't see him getting picked before the 5th round and it wouldn't surprise me if he went undrafted.

FOX Sports' Peter Schrager expects Stanford OT Andrus Peat to be a top-15 pick.
TFY Draft Insider Tony Pauline has already said Peat will be a top-10 pick, and "won't get past the Rams (at No. 10)." Peat and Iowa's Brandon Scherff are generally considered this year's best tackle prospects.
SOURCE: PETER SCHRAGER ON TWITTER

Would love it if the Rams took Peat...one more solid player dropping to us somewhere. I didn't even have Peat going top 10 in my mock.

i think they got jake fisher nailed...absolutely no power in his lower body...all positional and angles work in the run game...make it a pillow fight kicked inside for us...please no miami

Matias didn't participate in the Senior Bowl (competitive nature comes into question with that move), didn't perform well at the combine...actually looked very sluggish and heavy footed. Couldn't improve at his Pro Day...again looked slow and heavy footed. He's not particular strong at the POA so most figured he could get by with his athleticism...only he doesn't have any. So he doesn't have the strength to play in a power scheme and doesn't have the athleticism to play in a ZBS so where does that leave him? Plus there are a lot of issues in his fundamentals...waist bender, doesn't play with leverage, gets beat with quickness inside and obviously doesn't have the quickness to recover.

I don't see him getting picked before the 5th round and it wouldn't surprise me if he went undrafted.

cheers.... i noticed his combine too, was shocked. i didnt realize he passed on the senior bowl though. thing is i actually liked his game film a good amount.

oh well.... i know his name disappeared quick and was silent for months... there ya go. thanks for the explanation!!!

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 9m9 minutes ago
Rams have exercised their fifth-year option on Michael Brockers.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 10m10 minutes ago
The Eagles have exercised their fifth-year option on DT Fletcher Cox, per sources.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 33s33 seconds ago
Was asked about potential landing spots for Todd Gurley: #Dolphins, #Jags, #Texans are some of them. Houston could add to Arian Foster there

Back
Top Bottom