****Official Free Agent Signings**** | Page 84 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Official Free Agent Signings****

That’s what I’m thinking. Or trade down to 5 or 6, load up on picks, and still take Chubb after the run on QBs. Not a bad position to be in.

I think you're on to something, at least that was the very first thing that I thought as well.

It was a weird season. But he did it behind a trash line in the most brutal way possible. Should have a nice career if those knees hold up.

Maybe he was impossible and that somehow didn't get out. Maybe him taking himself out of that game was the final straw. Still should've been handled better.

Time will tell on that one.

The Ajayi thing has been beat to death. Sorry for bringing it up again. Couldn't help myself after Paul netting a 3rd. It hurts my brain.

I just don’t think his value would of ever escalated to a third round value in the offseason. Deep RB class and the guy does have a known knee durability issue that could cause issues at any time. Teams aren’t running towards that, especially knowing he will require a payday next year.

DE is more valuable and this DE class is not as strong, especially compared to last year.

I am not saying we should of gotten rid of him, but the price we got back is probably about what he was worth in the eyes of NFL teams.

I just don’t think his value would of ever escalated to a third round value in the offseason. Deep RB class and the guy does have a known knee durability issue that could cause issues at any time. Teams aren’t running towards that, especially knowing he will require a payday next year.

DE is more valuable and this DE class is not as strong, especially compared to last year.

I am not saying we should of gotten rid of him, but the price we got back is probably about what he was worth in the eyes of NFL teams.

Oh man. Thought you'd be with me on this one.

The reason he got to the 5th is because of the knees. But they haven't been an issue and he ran for almost 1300 yards and broke a million tackles. We rode that guy to the playoffs. If something like that doesn't noticeably appreciate in value while still on a rookie 5th rounder contract, I can't understand why teams use draft picks on RBs to begin with.

In the past now. I guess I'll just wait it out and hope they make good use of the picks.

Oh man. Thought you'd be with me on this one.

The reason he got to the 5th is because of the knees. But they haven't been an issue and he ran for almost 1300 yards and broke a million tackles. We rode that guy to the playoffs. If something like that doesn't noticeably appreciate in value while still on a rookie 5th rounder contract, I can't understand why teams use draft picks on RBs to begin with.

In the past now. I guess I'll just wait it out and hope they make good use of the picks.

FWIW, Marshawn Lynch only got traded for a 4th and 5th from Buffalo to Seattle, and that's who Ajayi reminded me of most....of course, he never had the season that Ajayi had with us in 2016, either. I thought we got gypped with the 5th, and figured we could have at least got a 3rd.

@AdamSchefter: Eagles are giving former Ravens’ WR Mike Wallace a one-year deal worth up to $4 million, per source.

Wallace has never stayed anywhere for long since he left the Steelers

If the Giants take Chubb at 2 I wonder what Indy is going to do at 6. They'll probably trade down again assuming Barkley goes 4.

Whatever happens I just need one of Roquan/Edmunds on the board at 11, Preferably Roquan.

@AdamSchefter: Eagles are giving former Ravens’ WR Mike Wallace a one-year deal worth up to $4 million, per source.

Wallace has never stayed anywhere for long since he left the Steelers

He could have good success with Wentz/Foles. Guy still pulls in solid money. Good for him.

Ya thats a solid move by Dallas. They should be looking at finding a future TE to go with that relatively young offense.

You can pencil them in for best available defensive player at 19 and pretty much the same at 50 plus (or a TE).

Edit: Im watching nfl mock draft live on NFLN and Bucky Brooks has Dallas taking Calvin Ridley. Certainly interesting and possible.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom