Official Game Thread: United States vs Ghana | Page 27 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Game Thread: United States vs Ghana

Amars said:
Congrats Ghana. Well at least they recieve 40K which is alot of money for a poor country. US didnt deserve to win even with the refs poor call the US should of done way better.
I agree.

Dolphins_SR66 said:
Dang, PT, I am bumed....big time....cant believe USA still cant play World Class Soccer/Football....this bites.

Every 4 years its the same....overhyped, underperform....lay an egg in 1 of the 3 matches at minimum and loose to teams we are "supposed" to beat.

Crap, Crap, Crap.....

2002 we were underhyped and over-performed.

is ADU any good. Or alot of hype??? We need someone with world class speed. Do you think Dieon Sanders want to play some futbol?

ckb2001 said:
2002 we were underhyped and over-performed.

Getting out of the bracket is not over-performing in my book......not in USA championship standards.

We just dont play world class soccer....its simple....we just dont.

@@@ said:
I think Arena needs to take some flak for this the team just don't seem as well prepared as 4 years ago and his tactics and selections have been unimaginative, predictable and pretty dubious

Yea.

He didn't do anything to hide it. Playing 4-5-1 without the players to properly do so. McBride alone on top? who the **** was he kidding? I remember the US being behind 0-1 in the first game and just watching nothing happen for a long period: "Is Bruce Arena the only coach on earth that refuses to make tactical changes once behind?"

I think the US should have tied this one. They were robbed of advancing, nonethelss, they played patheticly throughout the first round and didn't deserve to advance anyway.

Mexico is headed that way too. I didn't like the way they've performed.

Amars said:
is ADU any good. Or alot of hype??? We need someone with world class speed. Do you think Dieon Sanders want to play some futbol?

He was one of the best at the U-17. At the U-20 he underperformed, not even being the best on the US team (Wynne was). He's 16 now, so we have to wait a few years to see how he'll develop. Right now, the best candidate for a world class player in the future we have is Spector at Man U.

i think that we should get a new coach he played defensive the whole time and he should have realized that that the formation he was using wasnt working and should have been more aggresive

Dolphins_SR66 said:
Getting out of the bracket is not over-performing in my book......not in USA championship standards.

We just dont play world class soccer....its simple....we just dont.

After 1998 no one thought we would win a single game. We went to the quarterfinals. That is over-performing in everyone's mind (at least back then it was).

HolliFinFan said:
Hey Prime. Want my tix 12/25 Dolphins vs. Jets? Would that cheer ya?

:lol: If I had the money I'd tell you yes..

Predaphin said:
I think the US should have tied this one. They were robbed of advancing, nonethelss, they played patheticly throughout the first round and didn't deserve to advance anyway.

Mexico is headed that way too. I didn't like the way they've performed.

Mexico caught a bit of luck by advancing, but they haven't played well.

I think they play Holland next round.............

.............thanks for playing:D

As for this game...a massive mistake by Reyna and a horrible PK call.

You couple that with the refs screwing us in the Italy match...and the US should have advanced.

Having said that..they didn't deserve to advance. The US has creative players that were stifled by Bruce Arena...

Arena MUST GO NOW.

As for the players....

Beasley played very well except for one or two lapses. He gave us alot of chances with his handling near the box.

Landon Donovan played like garbage for the whole World Cup except for like 10 minutes against Italy.

I am a big fan of Dempsey...and I think we will see him for a long time to come.

But yes..Arena was a disaster in this cup.

Back
Top Bottom