Official Game Thread: United States vs Ghana | Page 28 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Game Thread: United States vs Ghana

Chavez Ravine said:
Mexico caught a bit of luck by advancing, but they haven't played well.

I think they play Holland next round.............

.............thanks for playing:D

Mexico plays Argentina next round. Probably next world cup CONCACAF will lose the 4th playoff spot, and deservedly so. For some reason N.American teams just don't play well in Europe (historically).

I am so dissapointed and depressed. 4 years of hype. Against Mexico, against all the teams...:(

This really sucks.

Section126 said:
As for this game...a massive mistake by Reyna and a horrible PK call.

You couple that with the refs screwing us in the Italy match...and the US should have advanced.

Having said that..they didn't deserve to advance. The US has creative players that were stifled by Bruce Arena...

Arena MUST GO NOW.

As for the players....

Beasley played very well except for one or two lapses. He gave us alot of chances with his handling near the box.

Landon Donovan played like garbage for the whole World Cup except for like 10 minutes against Italy.

I am a big fan of Dempsey...and I think we will see him for a long time to come.

But yes..Arena was a disaster in this cup.

Agree with most of this, except two points. I don't think Beasely was that good (in comparison to what he showed in 2002). They nicknamed him "jitterbug" because he would always buzz around and disrupt the flow of play for the other side. You never saw that from him in this WC.

Also, LD played very well during much of the Italy game, not just 10 minutes. Anyway, otherwise I agree with what you said. Dempsey locked up the RM spot for us for a good while.

Section126 said:
As for this game...a massive mistake by Reyna and a horrible PK call.

You couple that with the refs screwing us in the Italy match...and the US should have advanced.

Having said that..they didn't deserve to advance. The US has creative players that were stifled by Bruce Arena...

Arena MUST GO NOW.

As for the players....

Beasley played very well except for one or two lapses. He gave us alot of chances with his handling near the box.

Landon Donovan played like garbage for the whole World Cup except for like 10 minutes against Italy.

I am a big fan of Dempsey...and I think we will see him for a long time to come.

But yes..Arena was a disaster in this cup.
Do you not think Donavons problem was that he's really a 2nd striker who arena inexplcably plays in midfield? agree with you on dempsey though i though he had an excellent tournament

@@@ said:
Do you not think Donavons problem was that he's really a 2nd striker who arena inexplcably plays in midfield? agree with you on dempsey though i though he had an excellent tournament

Arena has experimented putting Donovan at forward instead of midfield many times in the past. Results generally show Donovan is an attacking midfielder and doesn't pair up well with McBride up top.

Arena making his excuses now in a press conference. Keeps mentioning the PK. Hey, even if that was a bad call, that's not the main reason we lost!

HolliFinFan said:
Well, hell, I wouldn't offer that and charge you.:judge: :baxter:
Will US mail them upon their arrival.

Cool. Thanks. :)

I am saving my big WC review for later...I don't feel like stressing it right now.

ckb2001 said:
After 1998 no one thought we would win a single game. We went to the quarterfinals. That is over-performing in everyone's mind (at least back then it was).

Dont confuse "surprising" teams with over-achieving.

Ghana surprised some teams (Italy - including the USA result) did they overachieve?

Thats the problem with the bogus rankings anyway......we havent overachieved based on the talent that is hyped....we may have surprised some teams in 2002 (especially the year it was on home soil - we surprised some teams 1994??) but we didnt overachieve in my book.

America just didn't have enough quality. Disappointing show considering what the prize was. Didn't show enough over 3 games to merit qualification to the last 16. I hope for everyone's sake that Arena quits. Ghana were the better side and more consistent, even with Gyan and Muntari.

American soccer needs to change a great deal over the next 4 years for them to succeed.

Just not good enough.

Boomer said:
America just didn't have enough quality. Disappointing show considering what the prize was. Didn't show enough over 3 games to merit qualification to the last 16. I hope for everyone's sake that Arena quits. Ghana were the better side and more consistent, even with Gyan and Muntari.

American soccer needs to change a great deal over the next 4 years for them to succeed.

Just not good enough.

:roflmao:

Boomer and his opinions...

Prime Time said:
We did overachieve in 2002...

Sorry we werent World Cup champions in 2002....we got out of our bracket and lost.....thats just not overachieving in my book.

I dont know why I am arquing the point really.....just bummed over the team and performance all around. Fine, we overachieved in some folks mind....I can live with that.

Hate the 5-4-1 approach......single attacker no one else to mark by the defense is stupid.

Agggggggggh....hate this result. F'ing Czech kill us an then drop its last two games and we dont beat Ghana with Italy helping us. Crud, Crud, Crud.

Back
Top Bottom