---Official Golf Thread---- | Page 30 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

---Official Golf Thread----

Good news. My pal AG got a second opinion and did not need the surgery after all just some pills so I dragged him out to play 9 hole holes early evening.
We played the back at Barrington Hall in north Macon and after two holes I was already three back and playing really bad then it happened.
400 yard straight par four with a trap on either side of the green. I drove it about 240 right down the middle then hit a 6 iron that I thought was good but was sure were it went until we drove up and saw the ball two feet from the hole. Tap in birdie but i'm still behind after his bogey.
The next hole is almost identical. 410 yard par 4 , straight , small creek on the right side. Both hit good drives in the 250 range. Hit the same 6 iron and thought I flew the green but the flag was in the back and I was just off , 20 feet away from the flag. My plan was to ease it up for a give me par but instead it went in :)
I have not had back to back birdies in ages and only once or twice EVER.
Jordan Speith would have been proud :brewskis:

That's it. Only two pars after that and we ended up tied with was fine.

You know what i'm posting :hclap:

[video=youtube;KFj7F_YDqYo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFj7F_YDqYo[/video]

Nice FFM, I had some chances for Birdies but left 3 of them short.:ponder:
You do everything right and then you don't even get the ball to the hole.

Played pretty well shooting a 95, Same score as last year.

Thanks danny . It might be a long time before I do that again :)

Missed another 15 ft birdie attempt last night. At least I rolled this one past the cup. Just barely missed the speed / break combo. Was 3 down with 3 to go and my buddy pulled a Henrik Stentson. Sitting pretty in the fairway on a par 4 he chunked his chip. Then skulled it and walked away with a 7. I saved bogey and picked up 2 shots. Then we both had birdie chances on the next hole. 2 putted mine while he 3 putted from 9 feet. We both bogied the last hole and finished in a tie at 49. Turned it on at the end to keep my score from getting into the 50's.

Shot an 84 today with a 7 on a blow up hole! Getting close to that 80 mark!

I would be glad to make it into the 80's. Made it a few times last year but just haven't played enough times with 18 holes this year to have a real chance.
Mostly 9 holes and when you quit your are just getting into a groove. Good job on your constant improvement.

Tiger and Shooter McGavin at the open

COGhaWUWcAE3rZW_zpsezeslmso-1.jpg

Last day of golf league this year. We are leaving work early and playing 18. Beautiful weather here.
Bragging rights for the next 6 months on the line.

Kick some butt 71. I predict you go low and get bragging rights till next season :up:

Shot a 98 yesterday. Now under 100 first time ever #nooblet

Excellent. Now your goal should be to get to boogie golf which would be 90 :up:

It's a big step but just limit your really bad holes and get a few pars on the short par 3's and you are there.

Played in a big tourn yesterday on the coast on a sweet private course, Wentworth Country Club. Chip Kelly, coach of the Eagles lives there. WE WON! We shot a 58. It was a scramble. We each got 100 bucks pro shop credit. Bought some new Winn grips that I was planning on getting this winter for all my clubs to be re gripped with. To be honest tho, I actually played like crap. They carried me. I won a hole to two for us, but not much more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Awesome, bro. Its a great feeling to shoot low 80's

I shot my best round a couple of months ago at Shula's (go figure), a 82, and I felt like i couldn't miss a putt/shot.

Next round? 93, on the same course. lol

Awesome, bro. Its a great feeling to shoot low 80's

I shot my best round a couple of months ago at Shula's (go figure), a 82, and I felt like i couldn't miss a putt/shot.

Next round? 93, on the same course. lol
Yup, story of our lives. Can't miss one day, can't remember how to hold the club the next!!

Back
Top Bottom