---Official Golf Thread---- | Page 28 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

---Official Golf Thread----

Well one of the gaggle sent me an email and is putting together another trip to the UK next fall. Gives me a year to pinch my pennies so I can get back there. Hands down the best golf courses I have ever played were in the St Andrews area. Torn on whether I want to play that area again or go into northern England or Ireland.

Sounds like a plan where ever you end up playing . Hitting any balls any lately ? Last we heard you had gotten a sweet new driver for a B day present I believe.

Sounds like a plan where ever you end up playing . Hitting any balls any lately ? Last we heard you had gotten a sweet new driver for a B day present I believe.
It was Fathers Day actually and I haven't been able to hit since early June. I was dumb enough to fall off a ladder from about 8 feet up and messed up my wrist and elbow. Its just recently that I have been able to roll over in bed without getting wakened by sharp pain in my arm. Hell, it was so bad that if I just brushed it across the sheets it was pretty painful. Pretty amazing that I broke no bones.

I am hoping to get back out in the next couple of weeks.

Sorry to hear that. Hope it gets better soon guy.

Well one of the gaggle sent me an email and is putting together another trip to the UK next fall. Gives me a year to pinch my pennies so I can get back there. Hands down the best golf courses I have ever played were in the St Andrews area. Torn on whether I want to play that area again or go into northern England or Ireland.

There's some amazing courses in Northern Ireland. Royal Portrush may be the best links course in the world, due to a lack of infrastructure it only held the Open once (a longggggg time ago) However times change - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-27858157

Royal County Down is another fantastic course. Put the Portrush one is like 5 miles from my Mums house so im glad its getting the open :lol:

Lots of people do Scotland/Northern Irleand/The Republic. It isnt expensive to go between NI and Scotland by the ferry.

Hb
There's some amazing courses in Northern Ireland. Royal Portrush may be the best links course in the world, due to a lack of infrastructure it only held the Open once (a longggggg time ago) However times change - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-27858157

Royal County Down is another fantastic course. Put the Portrush one is like 5 miles from my Mums house so im glad its getting the open :lol:

Lots of people do Scotland/Northern Irleand/The Republic. It isnt expensive to go between NI and Scotland by the ferry.
How hard is it to get on those courses? A couple friends of mine ventured down to Bally Bunion and loved it so I imagine that will be a stop as well.

The golf in the UK is absolutely amazing. Don't even mind playing in the wind, rain and cold :lol:

HbHow hard is it to get on those courses? A couple friends of mine ventured down to Bally Bunion and loved it so I imagine that will be a stop as well.

The golf in the UK is absolutely amazing. Don't even mind playing in the wind, rain and cold :lol:

Fine if you book online in advance

I saw this and immediately thought of you brother

[video=youtube;4BCY4Wt2Vag]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BCY4Wt2Vag[/video]

That is pretty cool. My dogs aren't that big on water. In Africa (where they are from) there are crocodiles in the water and I think it is en-grained in their DNA to be cautious around water they can't see in.

I saw this Dog video the other day and thought it was amazing control. That would be hard to do. If one breaks ranks they all go.

[video=youtube;AC4cACp-E2w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC4cACp-E2w[/video]

Back to Golf, Spieth has his work cut out for him today. Already 12 strokes behind the leader Finau.

He'll probably claw his way back and end up in the top 5 regardless :)

Jason Day is making some incredible putts today. Man is he on a roll.

They said he has 20 straight rounds under par. Good time to get hot. Let's see if Spieth can respond next week

okay, so when I drive I naturally hit the ball lowly and my driver is a 9.5. I started out hitting my own way but was forced to keep my left arm straight at all times and can never get the ball up in the air, like it goes 50 yards before hitting the ground, any tips to get it up?

You might be dropping your left shoulder too much when you swing causing you to hit down on the ball.
Like I mentioned in chat ball forward in your stance and tee it a little higher.

Good to have you posting here Andrew :brewskis:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom