---Official Golf Thread---- | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

---Official Golf Thread----

Played in a neighboring towns fire dept tourn yesterday. Very hard private course. We came in second shooting a 59.. The winning team shot a 58. My brother is a great golfer, so he carried us most of the way. I contributed plenty here and there tho :up:

I like best ball tournaments. Someone else can putt for me :up:

Do you play Dave ?

I do, pretty much every weekend. I play Callaway X-hot irons, driver and 3 wood, titleist vokey lob wedge, odyssey versa putter.

And you?

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

If anyone here plays and lives near miami, let's join up and play a round! Can never have enough golfing buddies

I do, pretty much every weekend. I play Callaway X-hot irons, driver and 3 wood, titleist vokey lob wedge, odyssey versa putter.

And you?

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

If anyone here plays and lives near miami, let's join up and play a round! Can never have enough golfing buddies
I use the XHot driver myself! Mine seems broken tho, it never goes straight :up:

And you?

When i was last in Miami i lived at Casa Del Sol which has it's own course and is right across the street from Doral. Usually played Biltmore , Key Biscayne , or Doral red course . Now in Macon ga and play the one's here.

I recently bought a set of Big Bertha irons but gave them to a friend and use my old knock off set that i'm use to. Driver , 3 & 5 plus 2 utility clubs are Diablo so we all use Callaway :up:

I use the XHot driver myself! Mine seems broken tho, it never goes straight :up:

Haha, i'm assuming sarcasm... but have you tried changing the head to closed position? I did and it worked wonders for my drives.

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

Any locals on here who play golf?

None that post here which is a shame. i know a lot of guys play.

Danny , 71 , NY , slk and myself keep it going. Lou and maddog once in a while but all out of town.

What courses do you play Dave ?

It is a damn shame, if you ask me.

I have been playing Shula's a lot lately. Love the layout, its relatively cheap, drains exceptionally well, and the greens are always in great shape.

I used to buy the Premiere Card for summer play but I was too busy the past couple of years during the summer. In case you didn't know, the Premiere Card is a membership that you pay ~$320 for and you get to play all the nicest courses in south florida at any time and on any day, all you have to do is pay greens fees. When I had the PC, I would play Miami Beach, Crandon, Melreese, Inverrary, Miami Shores, etc.

It is a damn shame, if you ask me.

I have been playing Shula's a lot lately. Love the layout, its relatively cheap, drains exceptionally well, and the greens are always in great shape.

I used to buy the Premiere Card for summer play but I was too busy the past couple of years during the summer. In case you didn't know, the Premiere Card is a membership that you pay ~$320 for and you get to play all the nicest courses in south florida at any time and on any day, all you have to do is pay greens fees. When I had the PC, I would play Miami Beach, Crandon, Melreese, Inverrary, Miami Shores, etc.

I had that a few years and if you play a lot it's great. One of my bud's lived on Shula's course. Those lakes are filled with HUGE bass we use to catch after the last golfer's. Is their par three across the street still open ? That was a blast at night playing a little tippsy :)

I forgot Melreese. When I live south we played there most weekends. Saw Tiger play there when he was a kid. Still way better than me at 12 years old.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had that a few years and if you play a lot it's great. One of my bud's lived on Shula's course. Those lakes are filled with HUGE bass we use to catch after the last golfer's. Is their par three across the street still open ? That was a blast at night playing a little tippsy :)

I forgot Melreese. When I live south we played there most weekends. Saw Tiger play there when he was a kid. Still way better than me at 12 years old.

Par 3 across the street? Must not be there because I never heard of it lol

This was many years ago and it's probably gone. It was a lighted par 3 that you could play at night directly across the street from the driving range.

Probably condos now.

This was many years ago and it's probably gone. It was a lighted par 3 that you could play at night directly across the street from the driving range.

Probably condos now.

Yeah, I don't think its there anymore. Sounds pretty sweet, though. I'd like to have a lit par 3 next to my place so I could practice at night :up:

It was a blast when I was a kid. We used the yellow balls that kind of glowed in the dark.

Woods is tied atop the leaderboard at the Wyndham Championship after a 5-under 65 has him tied with 26-year-old Tom Hoge at 11 under par.

Love to see him win and get back in the mix with the young bloods :up:

Back
Top Bottom