---Official Golf Thread---- | Page 29 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

---Official Golf Thread----

*gets awesome Cleveland driver given to me* *uses Cleveland driver and crushes with it, reaching lifetime max of 270 yards (i'm brand new, don't judge me)* *Driver falls off of cart along with bag when strap becomes loose*

driver: club.jpg

me:
Anger%202.jpg

You probably weakened the shaft with that monster drive :)

Thanks brother.

Last edited by a moderator:
*gets awesome Cleveland driver given to me* *uses Cleveland driver and crushes with it, reaching lifetime max of 270 yards (i'm brand new, don't judge me)* *Driver falls off of cart along with bag when strap becomes loose*

driver: View attachment 15368

me:
Anger%202.jpg

Heard a funny story from the Thursday league last week. One of the golfers who has a pull cart was playing a par 3 with a big downhill from tee to green. After teeing off he pushed his cart down the hill and let it drive down the hill on autopilot. As it reached the bottom it took a sudden left turn and fell into a creek. When it went in it snapped his new driver in half. He was last seen draining the water out of his golf bag. Expensive day of golf and there is a reason they call it a pull cart.

Shot a 49 last night despite a quad and triple on 2 of the holes. Finished with 2 pars and 2 bogies on last 4 holes to keep the round under 50. Was doing terrible until a pop up down pour came through and delayed play. On the next hole after rain stopped lightning struck above us near green and I followed that by almost chipped in a birdie and settled for 2 inch tap in par. After that my game came back to me. 2 holes later on a 150 yard par 3 I hit the pin with my first shot. It banged off the pin and rolled to back of green. Made par on that hole also. Had some killer iron shots but hybrid and putter was off today.

We are having our company league championship on Friday. Should be hot and fun.

Heard a funny story from the Thursday league last week. One of the golfers who has a pull cart was playing a par 3 with a big downhill from tee to green. After teeing off he pushed his cart down the hill and let it drive down the hill on autopilot. As it reached the bottom it took a sudden left turn and fell into a creek. When it went in it snapped his new driver in half. He was last seen draining the water out of his golf bag. Expensive day of golf and there is a reason they call it a pull cart.

See now that was brought on by pure stupidity. Mine was terrible luck hahah

I played yesterday as well. A quick 9 all by my lonesome. The first hole it was like I never played before I mean really bad. Luckily the course was pretty empty and no other golfs witnessed .
Got my groove back and played well down the stretch so all in all I had fun

No golf clubs were harmed other than a few scoff marks :)

baever-b004_zps26550527.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Played this past weekend.
Once again I was in line to go under 40 on the back 9. I had 2 birdies and a few pars and was sitting at 34 through 8.
Drive into the rough behing a tree on 18. Punch out...Off the tree. Punch out again. 115 yards out gap wedge to the far edge of the green and 3 putt for a 7 and 41 on the back...The worst part is I didn't want to know my score and my buiddy said, "I have you at 34, so don't F*** up" just before I teed off
I did win some money from my buddy, he wanted to bet longest drive on most holes, and 20 bucks a hole on the back!

I can't wait until I score like that. Hell I can't wait to get an actual par lol

Concentrate on the par threes. Just get the ball on or close to the green and two putts makes par. You might even sneak in a birdie every now and then.

The long drives are fun but around the green is where you can get that score down if you practice a little.
Drive for show , putt for doe :up:

Played this past weekend.
Once again I was in line to go under 40 on the back 9. I had 2 birdies and a few pars and was sitting at 34 through 8.
Drive into the rough behing a tree on 18. Punch out...Off the tree. Punch out again. 115 yards out gap wedge to the far edge of the green and 3 putt for a 7 and 41 on the back...The worst part is I didn't want to know my score and my buiddy said, "I have you at 34, so don't F*** up" just before I teed off
I did win some money from my buddy, he wanted to bet longest drive on most holes, and 20 bucks a hole on the back!

do you play in SRQ? I used to live there

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

just bought these grips for ALL of my clubs (yes, including putter): http://www.amazon.com/Golf-Pride-Tour-Midsize-White/dp/B0077TQL0A/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1441210951&sr=8-2&keywords=golf+pride+tour+wrap+midsize

first time i'm putting the same grip on all clubs... just trying something new to see if it sticks

do you play in SRQ? I used to live there

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

just bought these grips for ALL of my clubs (yes, including putter): http://www.amazon.com/Golf-Pride-Tour-Midsize-White/dp/B0077TQL0A/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1441210951&sr=8-2&keywords=golf+pride+tour+wrap+midsize

first time i'm putting the same grip on all clubs... just trying something new to see if it sticks

I have moved to Atlanta 4 years ago. I never really played in SRQ, although I grew up in Sarasota Golf club before they got rid of the course.. When I am back I spend my time on the water instead

I can't wait until I score like that. Hell I can't wait to get an actual par lol

I am not great by any means..Here is what I have learned going from 100's when I started to mid 80's consistently now.
Make 2 putts. really take your time on putts you know you cant make to give yourself a chance at a 2 putt every time.
Hit the ball in play off the tee. better to hit a 3, 5 wood, 4 iron etc (if you can hit those straight, than a drive out of play. I am starting to get consistent with my driver finally, I ahd to get a extra stiff shaft and a longer driver.
Minimize or eliminate duffs. For me this means never decelerate the club head on chip shots. Smaller back swing and controlled swing and don't decal.

Im no pro im not even good. But, these things helped me get my score down somewhat.
Look at it this way- get on in 3 and 2 putt and that's bogey golf.

Ready for sunshine, cold beer and 18 holes of free golf and no work today.

Back
Top Bottom