---Official Golf Thread---- | Page 56 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

---Official Golf Thread----

If you guys are looking for me I'll be at "the club".

One of my golfing buddies came into some money and bought a membership to the Brickyard country club here in Macon. We are playing there tomorrow afternoon.

Guess I'll have to tuck my shirt tail in :)

Sergio on 15th today just broke my heart. I was hoping he'd be in contention on Sunday. Sorry Serg. Tin Cup all the way :(

First time out this afternoon. Subbing for someone in Thursday league. We no longer have the Tuesday league due to attrition. Supposed to be 20-50 mph winds this afternoon. Hopefully in the right direction.

Took advantage of Golf Galaxy and Dick’s Callaway Rogue promotion. You get 50% more on trade if you buy a Rogue. So I cleaned out the golf attic and paid 90.00 bucks for a Rogue. Stoked!

Well that went well... until the second hole lol.

Bought a new set of clubs off a buddy. Calloway XRs. Bought a new 3 wood and 3 hybrid. Bought a new putter. Bought new spikes. It was time my irons were 15 years old TA 6's, Bentinardi putter was 12 years old. Spikes at least 10 years old.

Went off the first tee...par....then the reality of shooting a round with all new clubs except your wedge and driver set in lol. Lots of boogies and double boogies.

Straight to the range after my round to sort out the driver, 3 wood and hybrid.

Glad to finally be on the course again.

Got the second round of the year in yesterday and things went much better. Landed some really nice iron shots with the new clubs. My driver was decent but not exactly where I wanted it. Had my first legit Eagle attempt for the year (I was just off the back of the first par 5 about 15 feet maybe) and ****ed it up miserably, ended with par lol.

Left a 7 footer for birdie slip by on the last hole as well as two other short par putts that ended up boogies. That is because of the new putter, the weight is much different and my length is not consistent yet, much work needed on the practice greens. Plus I went back to the blade from a mallet type putter because my control has been much better and I like the blade feel.

I shot a 46 and left two birdies (ended up par) and two pars (ended up boogie) on the course plus I had a melt down on another hole which ended with a snowman (one ****in' limb ****ed me but that ****er came off the tree and is now dead from high velocity impact lol). So realistically I should have shot a 40 to 42 and that's what it felt like to me. Really only a coupled of miscues away from a decent round given that it was the second round of the year.

Oh and for comparison that first round melt down the day prior...........let's not list that score but it was my worst round in over 10 years and I shaved 10+ storkes off of it. Lol.

Well that went well... until the second hole lol.

Bought a new set of clubs off a buddy. Calloway XRs. Bought a new 3 wood and 3 hybrid. Bought a new putter. Bought new spikes. It was time my irons were 15 years old TA 6's, Bentinardi putter was 12 years old. Spikes at least 10 years old.

Went off the first tee...par....then the reality of shooting a round with all new clubs except your wedge and driver set in lol. Lots of boogies and double boogies.

Straight to the range after my round to sort out the driver, 3 wood and hybrid.

Glad to finally be on the course again.

New clubs are tough.....takes a good amount of time to get the feel right.. Keep at them, Calloway makes a great club and it will make a difference in your game.

Been playing pretty regularly this year. At least once a week. Started off with a terrible iron game.....but a tip from a pro friend of mine might have saved my sanity and significantly improved my game. All my iron shots were kind of weak and short right and this pro pointed out I wasn't rotating my wrists through the swing........well, a practice session or two and my game has come back strong and am now hitting my irons better than I have in a couple of years.

Still plenty to work on, but feeling a lot better about my game.

Last edited:
New clubs are tough.....takes a good amount of time to get the feel right.. Keep at them, Calloway makes a great club and it will make a difference in your game.

Oh they aren't the problem lol. It has been two holes a round that I have just melted down. Shot my first 18 of the year and struggled mighty on holes 1, 2 & 3 (double, double, boogie) and still pulled a 45 out on the front by stringing some pars and birdie together. Hard to have a good round when you are +5 for the first three holes.

Shot better on the back but same story had one hole ruin my round a par 3 that usually never gives me much trouble I dubbed two into the water and took a 7, came back the next hole and birdied. So in 4 holes I gave up 8 strokes. The other 14 holes I shot OK on and didn't feel like I struggled. Hell if you took my best 9 holes out of the 18 I played I had a 38 on the card.

I just haven't been able to string it all together but the good news is I've played more this year so far than last so it will come. Gotta hit the range this week and I have a caption and crew on Saturday. So far I love the Calloways, I haven't gave up any distance at all and they feel nice even the mis-hits.

Back
Top Bottom