---Official Golf Thread---- | Page 80 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

---Official Golf Thread----

That set you back a Nickle or two if you paid the price I saw on google. Wow

Nice looking club :UP:

Hope it works well for you

That set you back a Nickle or two if you paid the price I saw on google. Wow

Nice looking club :UP:

Hope it works well for you

Holy ****. They should probably throw in a few blow jobs for that price. :ponder:
So, yes that club is by far the most expensive golf club I've ever bought ($580), however...............I've been squirrelling away Amazon gift cards for over a year! Total out of pocket cost to my bank account $56.43 lol.

I would not have bought one without the gift cards. Usually I buy clubs off my golf buddies and they usually are couple years old so I always have a used hand-me down driver but a nice one ( I am replacing a Taylormade M1)

So, yes that club is by far the most expensive golf club I've ever bought ($580), however...............I've been squirrelling away Amazon gift cards for over a year! Total out of pocket cost to my bank account $56.43 lol.

I would not have bought one without the gift cards. Usually I buy clubs off my golf buddies and they usually are couple years old so I always have a used hand-me down driver but a nice one ( I am replacing a Taylormade M1)

We sound alike. I buy karts off my racing buddies that paid full price for new kart and then change out the next year. I'll take a half price kart any day over full. Sounds like you have it down to 10% with Amazon. Nice work.

We sound alike. I buy karts off my racing buddies that paid full price for new kart and then change out the next year. I'll take a half price kart any day over full. Sounds like you have it down to 10% with Amazon. Nice work.
I have always been a "buy low, sell high guy". My wife thanked me for being so fugle this past year and it's not that I am cheap more so then disciplined with my purchases but last summer was brutal on us:

The wife and I had budged for a new furnace w/ central AC and two new garage doors. It was a very large expenditure but we had it all in cash. Welp so life loves to throw curveballs as we all know too well. No sooner do we get the shiny new furnace installed and two beautiful doors the kid's car blows up and he is in his last semester of college and piss broke. So I find a deal on a Honda Pilot with super low miles and immediately after that my female beagle jumps and messes her back up so badly that we think she might have to be put down (we have a brother and sister from the same litter and of course the female is my wife's dog). So my wife is a ****in' mess over this and begging and pleading so we take the dog to Cornell which has on of the best Vet schools in the nation.

Long story short we got the dog, doors and a furnace. The kid got a car and my safe was light 20k after it all!!! I drank a bottle of bourbon and stat down trying to figure out how to recoup my money. I'm half way there 🤣

Oh and P.S. - I have a happy wife which helps because her dog is doing great!! 🤣🤣🤣

nothing wrong with hand me downs.....2nd generation or even used golf clubs. That same driver that is $580 this year....is $275 next year and just keeps dropping. But spoiling yourself every once in awhile is good for the soul....so nice purchase!

My relationship with my golf clubs is a mental exercise. Basically, if I pick up a club and visually, I feel like I can hit it, then I typically can. If I pick up a club and it just doesn't feel right, it's doomed from the start and I just move on. It is 100% mental with me.

Congrats on your purchase and hit them straight!!!!

Finally hit that new Stealth Driver!!!! giggity giggity giggity! All I can say is long, really long, like I had one 330, one 305 and two 290's. :woot: I was struggling to hit 290 with my old driver and I know that sounds ridiculous but I've driven many par 4's in the 330 range from the whites in my younger days. I'll also humble myself keep in mind when it goes wrong I can kill someone three fairways over and trust me I play a lot from the adjacent fairways 🤣

Finally hit that new Stealth Driver!!!! giggity giggity giggity! All I can say is long, really long, like I had one 330, one 305 and two 290's. :woot: I was struggling to hit 290 with my old driver and I know that sounds ridiculous but I've driven many par 4's in the 330 range from the whites in my younger days. I'll also humble myself keep in mind when it goes wrong I can kill someone three fairways over and trust me I play a lot from the adjacent fairways 🤣
It is an insanely long driver. I loved hitting it but I’ll never switch from Ping. I’ve never seen a more forgiving golf club than the Ping 410 driver. I don’t understand how they do it.

It is an insanely long driver. I loved hitting it but I’ll never switch from Ping. I’ve never seen a more forgiving golf club than the Ping 410 driver. I don’t understand how they do it.
I almost bought one. I love the looks of that driver and I wished I could have hit one. I've just never owned a Ping driver so I didn't know what to expect.

I almost bought one. I love the looks of that driver and I wished I could have hit one. I've just never owned a Ping driver so I didn't know what to expect.
It’s borderline bizarre how I can get away with an absolutely horrible swing and only miss the fairway by a few yards.

Had my second hole in one last week. Par 3, 143 yards. Hit a 7 iron and it landed about a foot in front of the hole and rolled right in. My playing companions started saying they thought it went in....but my eyes or so bad, I couldn't tell. Sure enough....

Ironically, I was looking at the display from my first hole in one back in 2006. Both balls are the same make and number.....Titleist #4.

Every time I swing a golf club, I'm aiming at a hole.....you just don't ever expect it to actually go in.

Had my second hole in one last week. Par 3, 143 yards. Hit a 7 iron and it landed about a foot in front of the hole and rolled right in. My playing companions started saying they thought it went in....but my eyes or so bad, I couldn't tell. Sure enough....

Ironically, I was looking at the display from my first hole in one back in 2006. Both balls are the same make and number.....Titleist #4.

Every time I swing a golf club, I'm aiming at a hole.....you just don't ever expect it to actually go in.

Congrats :cheers:

I've had a couple near misses including one that hit the flag and bounced out but still waiting for my first hole in one

Back
Top Bottom