OFFICIAL: Heat Gets Walker, Williams and Posey. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OFFICIAL: Heat Gets Walker, Williams and Posey.

If the Heat get Finley to boot...that teams going to be insain! Kobe and Shaq who?

if we have finley, this will be the biggest star team in the league...probably. im so glad that we got these players, but it sucks we traded jones, hes really good

You know, having a star team isn't a good thing. Look at the Mets of 2001-2004...the Rangers of recent years...the Yankees of this year...see a pattern? No, not New York, disappointing underperformance...this is a team game. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned.

VJ1252 said:
ej's defense was overrated to begin with anyways. posey got hurt last year but other than that he has managed played at least 70 gms every year.

I have to disagree. He played awesome D. He just wasn't a clutch shooter.

Good luck, EJ. You were a class act all the way.

TerryTate said:
You think riley has a bigger itch (probably a rash now) to coach THIS team?

You think he'll do that TT?

I would love it if he did by the way!

RWhitney014 said:
You know, having a star team isn't a good thing. Look at the Mets of 2001-2004...the Rangers of recent years...the Yankees of this year...see a pattern? No, not New York, disappointing underperformance...this is a team game. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned.

True but I also dont think we were giving up much in this trade since ej, woods(even though he hardly played) and rasual were basically our weakest links. I hope we go after more defensive players, Im not really jumping on the Finley bandwagon. Our D was ok last year but nowhere near the level of Riley's teams, and thats probably what Riley meant, getting more involved in improving the team, but we need more D, now that we got some clutch shooters that we do need, believe it or not.

NaboCane said:
I have to disagree. He played awesome D. He just wasn't a clutch shooter.

Good luck, EJ. You were a class act all the way.

I would classify guys like artest and bowen as awesome defenders. guys like jamison and hamilton did pretty well against EJ. Yea he limited Vince but he always folds in the playoffs

VJ1252 said:
I would classify guys like artest and bowen as awesome defenders. guys like jamison and hamilton did pretty well against EJ. Yea he limited Vince but he always folds in the playoffs

EJ was a good defender, but he was no artest or bowen. He was our only stopper however. Give him that.

DolFan31 said:
True but I also dont think we were giving up much in this trade since ej, woods(even though he hardly played) and rasual were basically our weakest links. I hope we go after more defensive players, Im not really jumping on the Finley bandwagon. Our D was ok last year but nowhere near the level of Riley's teams, and thats probably what Riley meant, getting more involved in improving the team, but we need more D, now that we got some clutch shooters that we do need, believe it or not.

I liked EJ. I really did. But I'm not upset about losing him, because I like Posey. I'm concerned that this is subtraction by addition. I think that Walker can be reformed with the chance to win, but I think Jason Williams is a bad seed. I hope I'm wrong, obviously, but I see no way of reforming him.

Sometimes the game isn't always decided by stats...

DolFan31 said:
EJ was a good defender, but he was no artest or bowen. He was our only stopper however. Give him that.

agreed. the heat need to find a stopper either through wade's development or maybe even posey. Its too bad raja bell signed with the suns because i think he would have been a good fit.

RWhitney014 said:
I liked EJ. I really did. But I'm not upset about losing him, because I like Posey. I'm concerned that this is subtraction by addition. I think that Walker can be reformed with the chance to win, but I think Jason Williams is a bad seed. I hope I'm wrong, obviously, but I see no way of reforming him.

Sometimes the game isn't always decided by stats...

They said the same things about Rasheed Wallace(even I didnt think he could be reformed). Just hope that it happens again. :)

VJ1252 said:
agreed. the heat need to find a stopper either through wade's development or maybe even posey. Its too bad raja bell signed with the suns because i think he would have been a good fit.

Our biggest mistake was not signing ej and grant to big contracts, it was letting Bruce Bowen go.

DolFan31 said:
Our biggest mistake was not signing ej and grant to big contracts, it was letting Bruce Bowen go.

and bowen didnt even get that much money if i remember correctly

Back
Top Bottom