*** Official Jacksonville Jaguars @ Miami Dolphins Game Thread *** Preseason Wk3 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Official Jacksonville Jaguars @ Miami Dolphins Game Thread *** Preseason Wk3

The OL could certainly use the reps.

I'm also wondering if and how they implement Jones back in at safety and how it affects Minkah. I would think that Minkah goes back to the slot with McCain at FS.

Curious also on that.

Of course our "starting" O-line is made up of Tunsil and 4 backups......lol

Well, what can you do, I guess at least try to keep them together, give them time to hopefully gel, and cross your fingers that by half the season, they will not be playing and looking so obviously as a Starter surrounded by backups.

This doesn't look all bad to me as a base (nickel) offense.....

SDE Carradine/Ledbetter
DT Godchaux
DT Wilkins
WDE Harris

LB Baker
LB Eguavoen

CB Howard
FS McCain
SS Jones
CB Rowe
NCB Fitzpatrick

giphy.gif

Very impressed with the new defensive look (for example the 3 man rush sack from Wilkins), Eguavoen AND CHARLES HARRIS from preseason week 2...

I am pumped I get to watch this one live.

A bottle of Basil Hayden's Bourbon, that was a gift from a customer, will be joining me. Mixes nicely with a day off tomorrow.

I haven't paid much attention this offseason, is Tannebaum still the QB or is Mike Moore finally starting?
Yes Tannenbaum is playing QB. He's the one with the beard. The organization decided it was less damaging than having him in the front office.

Not sure how this McCain safety thing is going to work out, when TJ comes back let’s what they envision is his role exactly...
I still don't see how moving him to FS can work, specially near the end zone. He's going to get beat by every WR there and they're all way taller than him.

Good question. We are in a unique situation where both QBs could use extensive playing time with the potential starters against potential starters and with some game planning. Normally I would think that Fitz would play into the 3rd quarter.
Maybe first half Fitz, second Rosen? Maybe a couple series for Fitz, then a couple for Rosen and so on.

I think this is the most likely scenario but i'd rather see more of Rosen than Fitz. Fitz is just going to ruin our chances for a high pick if he starts the season and plays well. I'm all-in on seeing what Rosen can do from the start even though that's not the wise move form a coaching perspective given his inexperience.

I still don't see how moving him to FS can work, specially near the end zone. He's going to get beat by every WR there and they're all way taller than him.
i would hope his role is limited to non-existent in red zone packages outside of slot coverage in 3rd down and goal situations.

i would also hope his role at single high is limited in every other package.

This is what i would like to see and hope it happens. Need to get Rosen as many reps as possible.
I agree Rosen needs the reps but if Flores already decided that Fitz is starting week one then he'll play him at least the whole first half. Keep in mind whoever is starting week one probably won't play at all next week.

i would hope his role is limited to non-existent in red zone packages outside of slot coverage in 3rd down and goal situations.

i would also hope his role at single high is limited in every other package.
My hope would have been to keep him where he was at but really, I'd not have given him the deal they gave him TBH.

Back
Top Bottom